PantherNation2015

Winner?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Dawgs
    • Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Surratt never wants to run it up on folks and easily could’ve scored 100 at Gilmer last year.

Surratt also prefers to work his backups for the future. He’s got it rolling exactly how he wants.

Back in the day Gilmer rarely called the dogs off.

Nowdays Argyle rarely calls the dogs off. I think those coaches do it on purpose not necessarily to embarrass the other team, but to put up huge scores so future opponents see that and are less confident and timid going into the game.

I think Argyle and Gilmer do that to get into the heads of their future opponents not to embarrass the guys they’re actually destroying.

Still, even if that is the motive they are humiliating the team they’re blowing out. Now, I understand the thought process of if you don’t want to be embarrassed play some defense.

However, I like what Surratt does. He gets up big, let’s his starters ha e maybe one or two series in the 3rd quarter, pulls them (stops the destruction) and gets valuable game experience for his backups. It’s the perfect scenario for both teams.

It is risky & stupid to run up the score like this. How would the coach feel if an opponent maliciously hurt a player as a means of “payback” for the other team runnng up the score? 

Surratt is a man with too much class & concern for his players to ever engage is such foolishness...🤨👌

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

It is risky & stupid to run up the score like this. How would the coach feel if an opponent maliciously hurt a player as a means of “payback” for the other team runnng up the score? 

Surratt is a man with too much class & concern for his players to ever engage is such foolishness...🤨👌

Bingo.

1 hour ago, AlvinMack said:

Dawg pound. This might be the best team Carthage has fielded.

Looking that way. The offense is explosive. The defense is flat out amazing.  Surratt is the Goat . This team definitely has what it takes for #7. Honestly they could win other classes as well. I would bet $$$ on the Dawgs at Jerry's World. Arygle and La Vega are the only ones that stand in the way and they do not have what it takes .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

I can only remember one game in the past,  believe it was 2010 playoffs in corsicana, can't remember who we were playing,  where I got nervous about letting the opponent back in the game.  Dawgs got up big and the starters were sent to the sideline.  Next thing you know the other team had reeled off a few td's and the starters had to be sent back in. They scored another td or 2 to put the game out of reach again.  Apart from that one game,  the strategy of giving the backups so much playing time has worked beautifully. By the time the season is over your backups have basically played a regular season's worth of games,  plus the experience of getting on the field in the playoffs and playing much stiffer competition.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I can only remember one game in the past,  believe it was 2010 playoffs in corsicana, can't remember who we were playing,  where I got nervous about letting the opponent back in the game.  Dawgs got up big and the starters were sent to the sideline.  Next thing you know the other team had reeled off a few td's and the starters had to be sent back in. They scored another td or 2 to put the game out of reach again.  Apart from that one game,  the strategy of giving the backups so much playing time has worked beautifully. By the time the season is over your backups have basically played a regular season's worth of games,  plus the experience of getting on the field in the playoffs and playing much stiffer competition.

That was Caldwell or Crawford, and I too got nervous m. Buyback surratt put the starters back in and we finished them off.

9 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That was Caldwell or Crawford, and I too got nervous m. Buyback surratt put the starters back in and we finished them off.

Yeah i think it was caldwell.  Pretty sure it was the game that nutt kid ran opening kickoff back for a td.  I also remember the applause when the starters were sent back in lol.  I'm of the opinion that,  if it ain't broke,  don't fix it.  If other teams wanna hang 70-80 points on their opponents then so be it,  but what Coach S  is doing seems to be working pretty good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Surratt never wants to run it up on folks and easily could’ve scored 100 at Gilmer last year.

Surratt also prefers to work his backups for the future. He’s got it rolling exactly how he wants.

Back in the day Gilmer rarely called the dogs off.

Nowdays Argyle rarely calls the dogs off. I think those coaches do it on purpose not necessarily to embarrass the other team, but to put up huge scores so future opponents see that and are less confident and timid going into the game.

I think Argyle and Gilmer do that to get into the heads of their future opponents not to embarrass the guys they’re actually destroying.

Still, even if that is the motive they are humiliating the team they’re blowing out. Now, I understand the thought process of if you don’t want to be embarrassed play some defense.

However, I like what Surratt does. He gets up big, let’s his starters have maybe one or two series in the 3rd quarter, pulls them (stops the destruction) and gets valuable game experience for his backups. It’s the perfect scenario for both teams.

You're exactly right Hearemagrowlin. Yet Gilmer people are on here claiming Carthage couldn't have scored 100. Carthage could've scored 200.  

14 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

You're exactly right Hearemagrowlin. Yet Gilmer people are on here claiming Carthage couldn't have scored 100. Carthage could've scored 200.  

Another game I remember Carthage possibly hitting 100 was against Silsbee in 2017.  Barnes from Silsbee was talking all kinds of noise on social media the week of that game.  Carthage scored on 9 possessions in the first half and put up 63 points.  Ouch!  But Barnes did his part and was the lone bright spot for Silsbee.

31 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Another game I remember Carthage possibly hitting 100 was against Silsbee in 2017.  Barnes from Silsbee was talking all kinds of noise on social media the week of that game.  Carthage scored on 9 possessions in the first half and put up 63 points.  Ouch!  But Barnes did his part and was the lone bright spot for Silsbee.

And we only kept scoring like that because silsbee kept scoring.  I think they scored somewhere around 30 points that game.   Not sure we've had another offensive half of football with the Dawgs scoring so many first half points,  with the lone exception being that 2008 first round game against tatum.

58 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

Man nobody has said anything about that it but don’t act like we couldn’t of scored the same back in 2014 and if I’m not mistaken traylor called off the dawgs (no pun intended) lol 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man nobody has said anything about that it but don’t act like we couldn’t of scored the same back in 2014 and if I’m not mistaken traylor called off the dawgs (no pun intended) lol 

Which was more surprising than him not scoring 70. Traylor decided to show mercy in his final season. 

I believe the terminology I learned from Gilmer fans was... "If you don't like it, stop us."

15 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Which was more surprising than him not scoring 70. Traylor decided to show mercy in his final season. 

I believe the terminology I learned from Gilmer fans was... "If you don't like it, stop us."

Lol hey that’s how I feel about it even if we are on the losing end. I would of never been mad at Carthage if they decided to put up a 100 because it’s not their job to help us out. If you can’t stop them then that’s on us not them 

40 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I think anyone that was at that game knows it could have been 100+ for the Bux if Traylor wanted.  Anytime you score 28 points in a quarter and only run like 2 offensive plays things are going your way!

4 hours ago, AlvinMack said:

Dawg pound. This might be the best team Carthage has fielded.

i think the dawgs will eventually end up being a really solid football team  but  i don't think after 3 games against mediocre competition i would crown them the best ever.  

talk of the best only comes after each championship in december.  

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Maineman1988 said:

Are you one of those pathetic competitors?

No, I’ve never played against Gilmer.  I’ve watched them on multiple accounts though.  I’ve also noticed how they used to do teams that were no match for them and how most of their posters here (not all of them) laughed about running the score up.  Their arrogance just irritated me.  Now that they aren’t as good as they once were, those arrogant posters aren’t here as often.  That’s all. 

Do they still call their defense the Black Flag?

Surratt is excellent but if the 2s really wanted to, he couldn't stop them from getting more yardage or scores. What are you gonna do? Say hey can you not run the score up son becuz we don't wanna embarrass the other team?? It's a players job to score as often as possible and a coach's as well. Surratt is being classy enough to be such a sportsman as it is. He's been that way since he was a kid.