Grandview vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Who Ya Got?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:30 AM

Guest Tiger03lb

Might as well get this started. This will be the 3a game of the week here. #1 Grandview traveling to #2 Malakoff at tiger stadium. Tiger stadium is a tough place to win at. Only 1 lost in the last 3 years there I believe. Who will remain unbeaten? 

Interesting one ... without knowing details, I was surprised Mexia played them so close.

Home field at the "M" is definitely a plus for the Tigers ...

along with the fact that the three teams GV has played so far are all 0-3.

It may take the Zebras some clock time to adjust their attitude and angles to a change in level of competition.

Key for M may well be to use this as an advantage and jumping out in front early ...

Having known and coached with or against all the past Driskells, I learned long ago not to bet the whole hog against any  Driskell coached team.

• LOL! 1

Guest Tiger03lb

We were doing clock eating drives in the 1st half, keeping Mexia's offense off the field. We were in the redzone several times but only got 3 points out of it. We didn't help ourselves any either when we were in the redzone with drop passes and a missed fg. We came back out from halftime running our normal scheme and it seemed to work better for us, imo. We were up 17-0 until mid way in the 4th with about 6/7 left. Looked like we got relaxed and let Mexia get back into it. We were in control of the game for the most part. Mexia is much improved from last year. They have a very good defense.and have some talent and speed on the offense. This was the type of game we needed to head into the GV game, imo. 

This is a good game for both of us. As they say iron sharpens iron. Of course I want to see my tigers victorious but I think both teams come out of this game stronger because of it. No matter who wins. This will be the third time in 12 months we have faced off. Each time at a different place. Let’s hope the outcome is different too. Lol. I know we will have to find the end zone on every possession and play mistake free football to put ourselves in a position to win at the end of the night. I like playing Grandview. They are a good, classy, hard nosed football team. Good luck Zebras and safe travels. This is gonna be a good one!

Guest Tiger03lb
14 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Toss up. It’s 1 & 2. To tough to even guess. 

I'd figure some of that Nelson genius would've rub off on you by now. 

Guest Tiger03lb
12 hours ago, Terry said:

This game will be very beneficial for both teams. Won’t even waste my time with a prediction. Both teams have my respect and both teams always play at a higher level. Safe travels. Stay healthy.

How you've been? Been wondering when you would show up. Lol. You've been quiet this year. 

Guest Tiger03lb
13 hours ago, hornsandowls said:

Think Malakoff wins as home field and GV

lost key players to injury. Post season if they

meet could be different story. Hate to say it but

Koff by 3 touchdowns...

Will the 3rd lineman be coming back this week? Heard there was possiblity last week he was. I know y'alls team has been dealing with a lot of injuries. 

Both teams have outstanding QB's 3 games into their junior season, but I like Grandview's big line upfront better.  I don't think playing at home will be an advantage to Malakoff or intimidating at all to a toptier team like the Zebras......may even give them more giddyup in their horses. Maybe Koff doesn't need the line upfront the Zebras have......they have excellent skill players to put up the points.  Two elite 3A-D1 teams from different regions going at it in early season......what could be better, Huh?  I'll take the Zebras just because......they are the champs!