Week 4: Alto Yellowjackets (3-0) @ Garrison Bulldogs (1-1) - 9/20/2018

StingEmALTO

Alto (3-0) @ Garrison (1-1)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Garrison

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:30 AM

21 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I know they want to! We live in a different time don’t we?

Some of these youngsters and their parents live on some pretty treacherous roads. My guess would be upper administration thought safety issues over a game that means very little.

10 minutes ago, sawboss said:

Some of these youngsters and their parents live on some pretty treacherous roads. My guess would be upper administration thought safety issues over a game that means very little.

Yes sir, you’re probably correct. And when you look at the thread with all the flooding down south, things get put into perspective in a hurry. Been through all the tornado situation here and looked forward to football season for so long that it is just disappointing that’s all. Not all of the teams in our district even have a JV so when you can strap it up and go in a week that you actually have a game, I know some young men that are ready! Lol My son being one of them! 👍.....and disappointed when it doesn’t happen.

We’ll play another day. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sawboss said:

Like I said in that earlier post: that 6-2 monsoon game doesn’t happen today. Fact. Lol

33 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Not having turf also plays a factor, this much rain on our field 2 games could destroy it for rest of the season and odds are it’ll rain again in the next 6-7 weeks and make it worse, cancel today and try schedule garrison on a week a team doesn’t have one and make up for it.

I hope we can re-schedule with Garrison, but most likely every team in their district probably already has a JV. 🤞we can. 

17 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

I think Alto will have some success rushing against Garrison if they got some decent size up front.  I know High is quick enough to do some damage.  

We have some pretty good-sized, experienced guys up front. They’ve been opening some holes for our backs. Add some muddy conditions and we’ll see how much slipping and sliding there is. These boys will remember this game for a long time I bet if it’s as nasty as I imagine it will be. 

2 hours ago, Cherokee603 said:

Not having turf also plays a factor, this much rain on our field 2 games could destroy it for rest of the season and odds are it’ll rain again in the next 6-7 weeks and make it worse, cancel today and try schedule garrison on a week a team doesn’t have one and make up for it.

Shoot, draw some lines in the parking lot lol. These Garrison and Alto boys are tough kids lol. JK by the way. Yeah traveling is def an unnecessary risk in this mess. 

16 minutes ago, Cherokee603 said:

Stingem is it too late to throw in another mil in the bond for turf???😂😂 I’m ok with my taxes a little higher lol, but I’ve done the math and 7-10 yrs from now should be paid off just in time for mine to be high school so crossing my fingers another bond for turf 🤷🏼‍♂️

😂 It would be nice, that's for sure!  OR maybe you can head a DONATION committee!!  🤣  

5 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I don't know the totals but it's pouring here now and has been for awhile.  I think Garrison is getting even more!

It's been raining on and off in Garrison most of the day. If we don't get a lot more rain tonight and tomorrow, I think the field should be in pretty good shape.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

😂 It would be nice, that's for sure!  OR maybe you can head a DONATION committee!!  🤣  

Well if I’m heading it I know where I’m heading first 😂.....I’ll wait it out...they got 8 yrs that’ll be freshman year then we will see...lol really though I’m a grass guy always has, love playing rain mud but like y’all said everyone getting softer and turf bring in more revenue from playoffs 

1 hour ago, Cherokee603 said:

Well if I’m heading it I know where I’m heading first 😂.....I’ll wait it out...they got 8 yrs that’ll be freshman year then we will see...lol really though I’m a grass guy always has, love playing rain mud but like y’all said everyone getting softer and turf bring in more revenue from playoffs 

I’ll go with you! 🤣🤣🤣

I like grass, too. And the coaching staff keeps our field pretty immaculate although too much water.....well, you know the rest. Lol

It really hasn't rained all that much over here ..... yet .... I have only had about 1/2" so far and they were predicting about 2" today and 3 - 4 inches tonight and tomorrow morning .... we need the rain though .... it's pretty dry .... it should be pretty nice for the game .... around 70 degrees or so ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

It really hasn't rained all that much over here ..... yet .... I have only had about 1/2" so far and they were predicting about 2" today and 3 - 4 inches tonight and tomorrow morning .... we need the rain though .... it's pretty dry .... it should be pretty nice for the game .... around 70 degrees or so ....

Man, this is good news! Hope your forecast is correct. I vote for it! Lol It’s pretty soggy here. Late start for AISD tomorrow because of the deluge of rain we got today and still dealing with roof/tornado/hail issues. 😩 But it’s part of our routine until the flippin’ insurance issue etc is resolved. Patience. Perseverance. That’s us right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Alto (3-0) vs. Garrison (1-1)

When/where: 7:30 p.m. Friday; Bulldog Stadium, Garrison

Keep an eye on

Alto: RB Vidareous High … ATH Jerrion Skinner … WR Marlon Warren … WR Skyler Atkins … QB Harmon West

Garrison: RB Sabastion Porter … QB/LB Chace Rodriguez … RB Ja’Kedric Watts … OL Garner Hancock … DL Canyon Holmes

Did you know: Alto has outscored its opponents 95-0 the past two weeks … High has carried the ball 50 times for 387 yards and three touchdowns … Atkins has made 11 catches for 164 yards and three touchdowns, and Warren has nine grabs for 166 yards and two scores … West is 29 of 46 for 481 yards and seven touchdowns.

Last week: Alto 50, New Diana 0; San Augustine 36, Garrison 28

Up next: Alto at Corrigan-Camden; Garrison at Joaquin

https://tylerpaper.com/sports/highschool/football-preview-winnsboro-vs-mount-vernon-ferris-vs-athens-more/article_88b89df2-db21-11e9-ba2b-7f196e72dfee.html

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

That’s good. These two teams deserve to get each other’s full arsenal of plays. Hoping we can look good against a good team tonight. 

Area Roundup: Alto Travels to Garrison 

Alto Yellowjackets (3-0) at Garrison Bulldogs (1-1)

7:30 p.m. Friday at Bulldog Stadium in Garrison

What to Watch For — A tip of the hat is in order for the Yellowjacket defense after posting its second shutout in as many weeks in the 50-0 win over New Diana last Friday evening. The Jacket offense got a lot of kids involved in the action in front of the homecoming crowd. Alto will have to avoid a let down on Friday and the Mean Sting cannot get hung up on Garrison's .500 record. Garrison outlasted Crockett (38-32) on Sept. 6 and lost by a TD to a tough San Augustine outfit last week. The Bulldogs have won the last two meetings against Alto by an average score of 42-28, so that should be all the motivation that the Yellowjackets need to give their best effort this week.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/area-roundup-rusk-travels-to-spring-hill-in-search-of/article_6a5dc424-d98a-11e9-a15a-53a120e69d45.html

DAF6C4D9-6573-4F9B-B20F-F248D1271CAC.jpeg