Week 4: Alto Yellowjackets (3-0) @ Garrison Bulldogs (1-1) - 9/20/2018

StingEmALTO

Alto (3-0) @ Garrison (1-1)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Garrison

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:30 AM

Alto rolls past Garrison 26-7 to move to 4-0

GARRISON — Alto and Garrison have treated East Texans to quite a few competitive football games through the years, but on Friday night at Bulldog Stadium it was all Yellowjackets.

Alto improved to 4-0 by bullying Garrison 26-7. The Mean Sting defense held the Bulldogs (1-2) to just three first downs in the game.

The Bulldog score came on a short-field possession that was the result of a Yellowjacket turnover.

Alto led 19-7 at halftime, with both defenses dominating in the second half.

Alto will be back on the road next week, when a journey to Corrigan-Camden is on tap. Corrigan-Camden (3-1) lost its first game of the season on Friday, when Joaquin prevailed, 16-14.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/alto-rolls-past-garrison---to-move-to/article_8c1b4a92-dc1d-11e9-9173-331095ba88c6.html

4CE0A7EE-FECD-4AB7-BCB1-6F9224D7630A.jpeg

• Like 2

Congrats to Alto... they played a great defensive game ... Dawgs came out flat and never got going ... too many mistakes and terrible offensive game plan in my opinion ... Alto looked like the real deal last night.  SA and Alto headed for a collision  ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Congrats to Alto... they played a great defensive game ... Dawgs came out flat and never got going ... too many mistakes and terrible offensive game plan in my opinion ... Alto looked like the real deal last night.  SA and Alto headed for a collision  ...

Garrison will always be a well respected opponent. Good luck to your bulldogs for the rest of your season. 

• Like 1

Alright Kirt.  I’m tired of just sitting back and reading this #### that comes off your keyboard.  You always talk about “awful game plan”, but you never say what your opinion is, so I’ll give you a chance.  What exactly would you have done differently?  But don’t just say “run a misdirection to the Watts twins”  I want formations, playcalls, blocking schemes, everything and I want to know what alto’s defensive scheme was, because that’s part of it too, right?  Oh and don’t forget that Garrison’s two best offensive linemen were hurt, so that’s part of your scheme now too.  Please, enlighten me with your football knowledge, oh wise one.

Here’s the kicker, you don’t know a darn thing about football.  Don’t care how long you’ve been watching, you know nothing, and it shows.  So please, shut your mouth and just enjoy the game:)

Congrats to Alto, hell of a game by your kids.

• Stinks 1

Congrats to Alto, as well.  Both teams turned the ball over  many times... The demeanor of the team(Garrison) was night and day from last week to this week.

Would be an interesting showdown between SA and the Yellowjackets.

1 hour ago, Bulldog64 said:

Alright Kirt.  I’m tired of just sitting back and reading this #### that comes off your keyboard.  You always talk about “awful game plan”, but you never say what your opinion is, so I’ll give you a chance.  What exactly would you have done differently?  But don’t just say “run a misdirection to the Watts twins”  I want formations, playcalls, blocking schemes, everything and I want to know what alto’s defensive scheme was, because that’s part of it too, right?  Oh and don’t forget that Garrison’s two best offensive linemen were hurt, so that’s part of your scheme now too.  Please, enlighten me with your football knowledge, oh wise one.

Here’s the kicker, you don’t know a darn thing about football.  Don’t care how long you’ve been watching, you know nothing, and it shows.  So please, shut your mouth and just enjoy the game:)

Dang, that was a touch much. 😂 

2 hours ago, Jacket44 said:

Dang, that was a touch much. 😂 

Not really.. Easy to coach from the stands or on “Smoaky” ....... which brings me to my favorite quote “when we win we have great players, when we lose we have bad coaches” 

Garrison didn’t have a great offensive night but that defense is solid. A lot of speed on the ends and will be a tough but for anyone to crack. 

I stayed on edge all night waiting for the garrison rb’s to get going. You could tell that if they get a step they are gone. 

Both teams played pretty clean and disciplined ball for the most part.   Good luck to the dogs the rest of the way. 

Also very good and friendly  concession folks.  

2 minutes ago, Bigj47 said:

Saw. Both. If alto plays SA. I got SA by 20. Speed wont beat SA

You might be right, just can’t figure out your math, but it’s been a while since I taught Special Ed. We held Garrison to 7 points and -17 yards offense, and they put up 28 and a lot of yards on S.A, so? 20 points? I’m lost, they will probably still be favored in this hopefull match up, but 20 points? Really!!!

19 minutes ago, Bigj47 said:

Saw. Both. If alto plays SA. I got SA by 20. Speed wont beat SA

I need a detailed explanation, if that’s what u think then that’s cool but gotta here the why??? If speed won’t beat SA and size won’t beat alto then i guess it’s a toss up....SA by 20 is pretty confident, even may or may not ever know🤷🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, JACKETLIFE said:

I just want the Jackets to keep working and let the work speak on the field.  Make believers out of the doubters!

No doubt, but the doubters act like Alto hasn’t ever been in this position before. We have won a few games in our history.

11 hours ago, Bulldog64 said:

Son,  I really don't give a rat's #### what you think about my comments ... when what you are trying to do offensively for whatever reason isn't working, adjustments have to be made ... you don't just keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result ... it's about as obvious as it gets that our offensive line was over matched and direct snaps to the RB expecting him to somehow find a hole wasn't working ... yet they did that the majority of the plays throughout the game ... that allowed Alto's defense to key on Porter the entire game ... when we tried to throw the ball, almost every pass play was a slow developing 30-40 yard pass the QB didn't have time to throw because of the pass rush or when he did get it off Alto's defenders were playing center field waiting for it ... yet no adjustments were made and rarely did anyone besides Porter factored into the running game until late in the game ... that game plan worked last year because we had superior offensive line play ... it's not working this season .... whatever changes they make, if any, have to involve more skilled players on offense and try to spread the defenses out to take the pressure off of Porter and the QB ... Surely shorter, quicker passes mixed in would have to be more successful.  Rodriguez and Porter are both playing their hearts out and doing their best but I am really afraid one or both of them are going to get hurt if they continue down the same road and continue what they are doing offensively ... it may work against the lesser teams, but it's not working against the tougher competition  ....  what they need to adjust offensively isn't rocket science ... involve more of their skilled position players and get more creative and less predictable  ...  a good offensive coordinator should be able to do that ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

@KirtFalcon, I came on a little strong in that last post, so I apologize for that.

that being said, we’re having a football discussion so I will say this.  I can boil down what you said to two sentences that still offer nothing that resembles a solution (alto took short passes away all night).  Basically all you said was:

1) what they were doing didn’t work

2) they need to make changes

I think anyone can see that they needed to make adjustments, and guess what.  They did. They did a lot of different things in that game offensively with both with play calls and personnel and NONE of it worked.  Zero.  Alto was absolutely blanketing the short passes, forcing them to try and throw long when they did throw,  and it gave time for the offensive line to get beat, which took maybe half a second on average last night.  On runs they did some zone and zone reads, power, flop, stretch, counters, GT, and they ran those out of multiple formations and personnels.  You can’t scheme anything for the penetration.  So you can get all defensive and whatnot, but what you’re saying just is ignoring that there was penetration almost instantly after every snap of the ball.  Which is fine, but if you’re going to ignore that blatant issue, then just keep it to yourself.  Sometimes the other team is just better that night.

Anyway, I’m done with this conversation now because it’s no use.

I hope you have a good night, and I hope for the sake of the kids that the Dogs start clicking for the rest of the season.  They’re playing their hearts out.

Also good luck Alto for the rest of the season.  Again, hell of an effort from your kids and coaches last night.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cherokee603 said:

SA offense Alto defense are playing unreal, so guess comes down to Alto offense and SA def to make a play.... but still don’t see 20 points either way, I think it be a close game for now.....playoffs maybe different....SA is the more experienced team for sure

Would have to say that Alto has to see a team that has the size or speed SA has and they won't until they play SA.  Great defensive game plan and execution by Alto.  Garrison really wanted that game against us.  I'd like to think we gave the blueprint on how to beat them.  They sure arent the same team from last year!

12 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Would have to say that Alto has to see a team that has the size or speed SA has and they won't until they play SA.  Great defensive game plan and execution by Alto.  Garrison really wanted that game against us.  I'd like to think we gave the blueprint on how to beat them.  They sure arent the same team from last year!

🧐