Week 4: Alto Yellowjackets (3-0) @ Garrison Bulldogs (1-1) - 9/20/2018

StingEmALTO

Alto (3-0) @ Garrison (1-1)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Garrison

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:30 AM

46 minutes ago, Bulldog64 said:

@KirtFalcon, I came on a little strong in that last post, so I apologize for that.

that being said, we’re having a football discussion so I will say this.  I can boil down what you said to two sentences that still offer nothing that resembles a solution (alto took short passes away all night).  Basically all you said was:

1) what they were doing didn’t work

2) they need to make changes

I think anyone can see that they needed to make adjustments, and guess what.  They did. They did a lot of different things in that game offensively with both with play calls and personnel and NONE of it worked.  Zero.  Alto was absolutely blanketing the short passes, forcing them to try and throw long when they did throw,  and it gave time for the offensive line to get beat, which took maybe half a second on average last night.  On runs they did some zone and zone reads, power, flop, stretch, counters, GT, and they ran those out of multiple formations and personnels.  You can’t scheme anything for the penetration.  So you can get all defensive and whatnot, but what you’re saying just is ignoring that there was penetration almost instantly after every snap of the ball.  Which is fine, but if you’re going to ignore that blatant issue, then just keep it to yourself.  Sometimes the other team is just better that night.

Anyway, I’m done with this conversation now because it’s no use.

I hope you have a good night, and I hope for the sake of the kids that the Dogs start clicking for the rest of the season.  They’re playing their hearts out.

Also good luck Alto for the rest of the season.  Again, hell of an effort from your kids and coaches last night.

I couldn't disagree with you more ... bringing another RB into the game and running the same play that didn't work before is not an adjustment ... How was Alto blanketing ALL the short passes? I only remember one that was thrown.  They could have tried faking a run and looping a back out of the backfield over the middle behind the LBs or faking a hand off and slipping a TE down the middle ... God knows every one on their defense was crashing in on Porter every play ... their "instant penetration" was because they knew what play were going to run 90% of the time and they knew Porter was going to get the ball ... especially by their LBs ... it could have been used against them they were so aggressive... try and make them stay at home and/or spread them out ... again, it's not rocket science ... the zone read plays were never going to work because there were no holes ... they crashed everything back into the middle 90% of the time ... I know you hate to hear it but misdirection or faking to one back and countering away with another back would have made their defense stop keying on Porter all night ... one of the other RBs should be getting at least 25% of the carrys, if nothing else to keep them honest ... I don't know what adjustments you were seeing, I certainly didn't see anything that took any pressure off of Rodriguez or Porter ... I just hope these two hold up physically because if they don't start using some imagination on offense every team we play is going to do the same thing to us ... I just don't buy your explanations ... and I hope they learned something Friday night ...

Good night to you too ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

On 9/21/2019 at 10:42 PM, SAWolfman said:

Would have to say that Alto has to see a team that has the size or speed SA has and they won't until they play SA.  Great defensive game plan and execution by Alto.  Garrison really wanted that game against us.  I'd like to think we gave the blueprint on how to beat them.  They sure arent the same team from last year!

Alto sees that speed everyday in practice, unless u think SA has more speed than Alto???

10 - Dave Campbell’s Texas Football

5 - MaxPreps 

Dave Campbell’s has become the new “AP POLL” which is generally the one that most folks pay attention to. I’m glad they divided it into D1 and D2 FINALLY  

Polls certainly don’t win games as we all know, but it is a nice acknowledgement for our kids and program! They are working hard to bring us back into the statewide conversation.  👏👏👏

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jacket44 said:

Didn’t show on the track. Maybe we will

I don’t think that matters as much . Joaquin was right there with both of you on the track but I don’t think they are close to either of you on the field .Big difference in track speed and football speed. Joaquin has a few kids that can run, and y’all have a full team that can

10 hours ago, yourteamstinks said:

I don’t think that matters as much . Joaquin was right there with both of you on the track but I don’t think they are close to either of you on the field .Big difference in track speed and football speed. Joaquin has a few kids that can run, and y’all have a full team that can

Obviously I know that, but you got to take jabs at Wolfman! 😂