Week 4: Alto Yellowjackets (3-0) @ Garrison Bulldogs (1-1) - 9/20/2018

StingEmALTO

Alto (3-0) @ Garrison (1-1)  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Garrison

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/21/2019 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, FearTheBeard said:

Everybody is forgetting how good of a football team Garrison has. Just because Alto has blown out 2 weak teams doesn't mean they are all great.

No one is forgetting how good they are and I'm one of them!  lol  I think our teams always respect each other.

ALTO-GARRISON SERIES TRIVIA
(compiled by an avid Alto Football historian & numbers guy!)

All-Time Record for Alto:
     582 wins | 369 losses | 34 ties

All-Time Record for Garrison:
     531 wins | 266 losses | 13 ties

All-Time Series Record:
     Garrison - 24 wins | Alto - 17 wins | 2 ties

Garrison's longest winning streak vs. Alto:
     5 wins in a row (1966-1970 | 1976-1987)

Alto's longest winning streak vs. Garrison:
     9 wins in a row (1988-1998)

Current streak:  Garrison has a 3-game winning streak vs. Alto

FYI: Garrison defeated Alto twice in 2018:  35-21 (non-district) | 43-13 (area playoffs)

Cumulative Average All-Time Series:
If you take the All-Time Series between the 2 schools and average the scores, it would be:
     Garrison  18   |  Alto  17

Good battles over the years!  Expect another one Friday night in Garrison; kick-off is at 7:30 p.m.!  The game will be carried on 103.3 THE BULL.

9-20-2019 Alto vs Garrison.jpg

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, grinder said:

good stuff. played in one of these many moons ago

One of my all-time favorite Alto-Garrison games is the 1994 Mud Bowl district matchup in Garrison when the visitors stands were where the home stands are now. It was 0-0 at halftime and we were in a monsoon (Literally! Never seen anything like it! Lol). The Bulldogs were on the field ready to kick off the second half and Coach Gamble brought the Jackets out fashionably late it seemed. Our kick-off return took the field and the Bulldogs kicked it to Fred Hackney who ran it back for a TD; extra point no good. The whole game was a defensive slugfest as this was the only TD of the game! Final 6-2 Alto (Terrance Coleman, the Alto QB ran it out of our end zone to avoid a sack/fumble late in the 4th quarter.) I was a fan with a brother and cousin on the field and I remember it raining so hard you could hardly see the field. Most fans had left or gone to sit in their cars (my grandmother listened to it on the radio from the car because the rain was too much for her! Lol). It was a crazy night and one of the muddiest games I ever witnessed. That game never happens if played today; they would cancel it, delay it, or move it! lol 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

One of my all-time favorite Alto-Garrison games is the 1994 Mud Bowl district matchup in Garrison when the visitors stands were where the home stands are now. It was 0-0 at halftime and we were in a monsoon (Literally! Never seen anything like it! Lol). The Bulldogs were on the field ready to kick off the second half and Coach Gamble brought the Jackets out fashionably late it seemed. Our kick-off return took the field and the Bulldogs kicked it to Fred Hackney who ran it back for a TD; extra point no good. The whole game was a defensive slugfest as this was the only TD of the game! Final 6-2 Alto (Terrance Coleman, the Alto QB ran it out of our end zone to avoid a sack/fumble late in the 4th quarter.) I was a fan with a brother and cousin on the field and I remember it raining so hard you could hardly see the field. Most fans had left or gone to sit in their cars (my grandmother listened to it on the radio from the car because the rain was too much for her! Lol). It was a crazy night and one of the muddiest games I ever witnessed. That game never happens if played today; they would cancel it, delay it, or move it! lol 

I coached in that one and remember having to wash uniforms for a week to get the mud stains out.  The sad part is we had practiced all week on the squib kick to keep it out of Hackney's hands, and wouldn't you know we kick it straight to him in the air. The field was so bad Alto warmed up in the parking lot pregame, and Garrison went out in practice gear so we would be dry come kickoff. Fun Times!

• Like 3