Center vs Henderson

Sportsfanatic1

15 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I understand.  I was just helping the Center fan understand why GW was not at the same level as Henderson, yet.  That could change over the next year or two.

I mean I respectfully disagree!  That district isn’t the district of doom anymore.  It’s ok to admit it.  Carthage is still Carthage but everyone is average or below average.  

2 hours ago, ETxFB299 said:

I mean I respectfully disagree!  That district isn’t the district of doom anymore.  It’s ok to admit it.  Carthage is still Carthage but everyone is average or below average.  

When you multiple teams play in December you ain't below average. 

3 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

When you multiple teams play in December you ain't below average. 

Just because you have 2 teams meeting in the QTRS doesn’t make it tough.  It just means those 2 teams are darn good.  

Henderson, Kilgore and Van are average.  

Everyone else is below average.  

• LOL! 2

39 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

Just because you have 2 teams meeting in the QTRS doesn’t make it tough.  It just means those 2 teams are darn good.  

Henderson, Kilgore and Van are average.  

Everyone else is below average.  

Your crawfishing a little now.  The original comparison was between GW and Henderson.  Henderson has been a top 8 team in 4A D1 3 years in a row.  When GW does that let me know.  And I’d say the DOD is likely the #2 district in 4A D1 but not by much.  Argyle’s district is just a little tougher this year.

14 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Your crawfishing a little now.  The original comparison was between GW and Henderson.  Henderson has been a top 8 team in 4A D1 3 years in a row.  When GW does that let me know.  And I’d say the DOD is likely the #2 district in 4A D1 but not by much.  Argyle’s district is just a little tougher this year.

Polls ain’t worth a #### and you know it!   We weren’t no where near the rankings and busted Kilgore’s butt 2 years in a row.  One of those years was when they beat y’all in district....y’all got 3rd in district and still won state.  

Rankings ain’t nothing but wolf cookies 

• LOL! 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

Polls ain’t worth a #### and you know it!   We weren’t no where near the rankings and busted Kilgore’s butt 2 years in a row.  One of those years was when they beat y’all in district....y’all got 3rd in district and still won state.  

Rankings ain’t nothing but wolf cookies 

Not talking about rankings.  If Henderson made the Regional Finals 3 years in a row that means they were one of the top 8 each year when it counted.  Yes Kilgore had a couple district losses as did Carthage, but like I said the only thing that matters is how you finish.  Hoping Center and GW finish strong in their respective divisions.

11 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

With all due respect I don’t think most of East Texas would agree.  GW had a great season last year and look to be very solid again in 2019.  But Henderson has been to the Regional Finals 3 years in a row in 4A D1.  Had they not been in a Region with Carthage would have likely won state again in 2016.  They were good enough.

Still think we were better in ‘16 but I’m not salty or anything 😂

5 hours ago, StillALion said:

Umm .. no.  

Both are 2-1 this year so far.  

Coming into this season, Gladewater was 56-46 this decade and Henderson was 85-33.  

The furthest Gladewater has been is the regional finals/state quarterfinals 2X and they have been past the first round just 3X. 

Henderson has been to at least the regional finals/state quarterfinals 7 of the 9 years this decade, the semifinals twice, and went to and won state once.  

They have played each other 4 times this decade.  Henderson won 3.  Gladewater won 1.  The Henderson wins were 52-7, 48-16, and 41-22.  The Gladewater win was 49-42.  Combined score for those 4 head to head meetings:  183-94.

Also, not being disrespectful either like some other posters have said ...  Gladewater has a good team and program, but not better than or really super close to what Henderson has been up to. 

And all of that success began when you dropped from the old 4A to 3A!

Dont act like Henderson has been king of the hill.  If y’all never would’ve dropped it would be the same old story !

33 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

Dont act like Henderson has been king of the hill.  If y’all never would’ve dropped it would be the same old story !

GW wouldn't make the playoffs in this District. You were acting like Gw was far superior and he showed you with facts it was even close. 

49 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

GW wouldn't make the playoffs in this District. You were acting like Gw was far superior and he showed you with facts it was even close. 

Yeah idk about that. Nobody from GW said GW was far superior to Henderson. The numbers speak for themselves but to say with confidence we wouldn’t make the playoffs...... lol

1 hour ago, ETxFB299 said:

That is true to a point! The only team that was 4a that had not dropped then was Kilgore. Carthage, Chapel Hill, Palestine and Henderson were all down. So my point is, they did drop but we were all still playing the same teams. The difference was we lost the metroplex teams such as Highland Park, Ennis, Waxahachie etc.  Henderson hasn't been king of anything ever and Gladewater has never owned Henderson either. 

Just now, touchdownlsu said:

That is true to a point! The only team that was 4a that had not dropped then was Kilgore. Carthage, Chapel Hill, Palestine and Henderson were all down. So my point is, they did drop but we were all still playing the same teams. The difference was we lost the metroplex teams such as Highland Park, Ennis, Waxahachie etc.  Henderson hasn't been king of anything ever and Gladewater has never owned Henderson either. 

Also Gladewater was a 4a team until the early 80s and when they dropped, they had had some success in 3a for several years. It always makes it better with being in the larger enrollment side of your classification!

45 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Yeah idk about that. Nobody from GW said GW was far superior to Henderson. The numbers speak for themselves but to say with confidence we wouldn’t make the playoffs...... lol

The poster was just got the business with facts.  GW could contend for the 4th spot . Gladewater is a decent program and is trending up in 3a.

42 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

If a team beats PG last year, I think they would contend in that district.  Just saying...

As far as our game goes tomorrow, it will be closer than expected   Henderson isn’t who y’all think they are!  

Didn't Gladewater get beat by West Rusk soon after?

Last Year was last year! This year is a whole different story. Henderson hasn't proved that they are worthy at all. Nor has many schools yet this early in the year. I hope Center plays them tough and Center has a good year. I don't think anyone on here but you have downplayed any other teams. Stick to pulling for Center and Gladewater and not putting other teams down, especially when you don't know the facts.