Rivercrest vs Prairiland

RivercrestRebels

On 9/14/2019 at 6:55 PM, BlahBlah said:

How good is Rivercrest ?  Are they contenders for Region 2 title.  Do they have enough to beat San Saba or Crawford ?  These are the questions Central Texas is asking.  District 8 looks down this year, and so does District 5.  

Rivercrest has come out running the last several seasons but then get to their first playoff game and completely choke. They have had the athletes the last several years and have had a great preseason and district record. But then they lose out first round. I can't figure out what the issue is. Maybe injuries going in to the playoffs that has limited them to continue on? 
Maybe they can get it together this year and make a deep run at it. 

11 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

Priariland be wanting to air up them basketballs after this game.

Unfortunately that was the thinking back in early August already. 

These boys have the heart for a few wins, but not sure if they have the patience.  Hopefully no injuries come out of this game and district can start on a decent note.

2 hours ago, yellowdawg3 said:

Rivercrest has come out running the last several seasons but then get to their first playoff game and completely choke. They have had the athletes the last several years and have had a great preseason and district record. But then they lose out first round. I can't figure out what the issue is. Maybe injuries going in to the playoffs that has limited them to continue on? 

3 years ago started 10-0 and lost in the first round. 

2 years ago started 10-0 and lost in the 3rd round to Centerville and finished 12-1

Last year, they lost their starting QB in a district game and never truly recovered, and lost in the first round. 

The group they had last year is much more seasoned. I’m not sure about a deep run, as their best opponent has been Cooper, who many predicted Rivercrest would lose to, but RC won 49-20. Besides Cooper beating Farmersville, they haven’t really shown much power, as they’ve lost to Rains by 14. Therefore, I say if Rivercrest can stay healthy by the end of the season, they could make a run into the playoffs. Connot and his staff have done an amazing job at Rivercrest. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 6:55 PM, BlahBlah said:

How good is Rivercrest ?  Are they contenders for Region 2 title.  Do they have enough to beat San Saba or Crawford ?  These are the questions Central Texas is asking.  District 8 looks down this year, and so does District 5.  

Have not seen film on em this year, they play physical,  not really complicated system,  they get in the weight room , but what in the name of jumping Armadillos got into San Saba?  

3 hours ago, yellowdawg3 said:

Pretty sure a couple years ago they won a few playoff games. Last year, their best player went down with an injury at the end of the season. I believe the season they advanced was the first time in school history they won a playoff game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheShadowKnows said:

Have not seen film on em this year, they play physical,  not really complicated system,  they get in the weight room , but what in the name of jumping Armadillos got into San Saba?  

San Saba won Region 2 last year.  They return a lot.  Their QB has verbally committed to Tulsa, and RB #8 is one of the states better RB.  San Saba is in the middle of nowhere , 50 miles South of Brownwood, so no one really covers them.  Their district goes up to the small towns just west of Waco and  to Stephenville area.  

6 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

San Saba won Region 2 last year.  They return a lot.  Their QB has verbally committed to Tulsa, and RB #8 is one of the states better RB.  San Saba is in the middle of nowhere , 50 miles South of Brownwood, so no one really covers them.  Their district goes up to the small towns just west of Waco and  to Stephenville area.  

I have been hunting down in Llanno and driven through San Saba, but when I check DC magazine I useally see they have a bad record. Glad they are doing well and wish em the best of luck 

4 minutes ago, TheShadowKnows said:

I have been hunting down in Llanno and driven through San Saba, but when I check DC magazine I useally see they have a bad record. Glad they are doing well and wish em the best of luck 

They had a 2-18 two year record when they made their schedule for the last two years.  That explains the weak schedule the last two years.  It is great deer hunting down in San Saba area.  Just don't shoot one with your truck .  It is a white knuckle grip on the steering wheel while driving.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

They had a 2-18 two year record when they made their schedule for the last two years.  That explains the weak schedule the last two years.  It is great deer hunting down in San Saba area.  Just don't shoot one with your truck .  It is a white knuckle grip on the steering wheel while driving.  

I useally just shoot empty bottles and take long afternoon naps when I am down in them parts.

8 minutes ago, TheShadowKnows said:

I useally just shoot empty bottles and take long afternoon naps when I am down in them parts.

San Saba is great if you are an outdoorsman, but really boring if you are a city person.  I live near Waco ( Valley Mills & Crawford ) , but still travel back to San Saba area frequently since family still there.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yellowdawg3 said:

Centerville will make a coach act a fool in a hurry with how they methodicaly get after you.