Week 4 Texas High @ Kilgore

WhoamI97539

3 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

If rankings mean anything, Kilgore will be the best team T High has faced this year.

Should be a good one. T-High will be Kilgore’s toughest opponent as well. Both teams have the potential to be really good this year, but both have issues to cleanup this week. Should be a fun game. I’m picking Kilgore in another shootout. 35-34

Should be a good game. Texas High is surprisingly (at least to me) MUCH improved over last year.  I didn't see this much improvement coming this year.  
I can't help but favor Kilgore after the way they handled us last year...….but I'm expecting a very competitive game.   We'll see

This has been a very entertaining series going back to 2014. Several nail biters including a couple of 3 OT thrillers. Both programs have taken the other to the woodshed once as well. Texas High’s talent and depth will always be a challenge for us, and it looks like Stanford has the Tigers headed in the right direction faster than most expected.

Kilgore has a pretty good squad this year. They’re not going to scare anybody when they get off the bus, but what they lack in size they more than make up for in effort. Two electric RB’s and the best passing game we’ve had in probably 20 years. Defensive line is strong. Team has been slow out of the gate in all 3 games, but when they get going they get going. 

I think this game will be highly competitive and probably decided in the final seconds.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bordertown said:

Texas High weakness in last several years has been offensive line play. It is much improved this year. Should be a competitive game.

Agreed. Defense didn’t play all that well against the run last week I hope we can find a way to put Kilgore into some passing situations. I think that helps us out in the long run

In the past we knew teams wanted to force us to pass because we struggled so much , after watching what I have seen this year especially when we are forced to go to the air im hoping we are put into that situation more and more . Then run game is nice with the backs we have and a tough o line but when they start going to the air things really start to happen quick . I still think there is more to be seen from Kilgore and still things that need to be cleaned up but I think they will take the win Friday night .

Kilgore will be the best Texas High has faced to this point.   With that said, Tigers win by 14.  Texas High needs to put some strength to their non district.   

Texas High will get in this year with wins over Poteet, Sherman & Wylie East for sure.   JT, McKinney North & West Mesquite not real confident they can beat them

Good luck Tigers