Week 4 Texas High @ Kilgore

WhoamI97539

Wasn’t trying to start ANYTHING on Kilgore.   Got nothing but respect for them.   Well coached and gritty team .  I couldn’t tell what happened on the fumble at the goal line.    But it was only 3rd down.  And the play before was a TD...... that one was obvious 

Everybody gets home town calls I guess.  Only place I’ve ever seen extreme was Sulphur Springs.   You gotta be 14 points better or u ain’t winning there 

14 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Wasn’t trying to start ANYTHING on Kilgore.   Got nothing but respect for them.   Well coached and gritty team .  I couldn’t tell what happened on the fumble at the goal line.    But it was only 3rd down.  And the play before was a TD...... that one was obvious 

Everybody gets home town calls I guess.  Only place I’ve ever seen extreme was Sulphur Springs.   You gotta be 14 points better or u ain’t winning there 

Let her your honest opinion of tonight....oline played well. Little concerned about the defense giving up so many yrds on the ground 

Not that concerned with defense.  Kilgore is IMO best team we’ve faced.  Lot of the yards we gave up was on 1 big run.   Giving up  only 14 to Kilgore is a huge success.   So proud of OL.  Did not see their HUGE leap forward coming.    And what an exciting soph Cooper is

Congrats on the win T-High, and good luck on the rest of your season.

Nutshell version of this game (from my perspective, of course) is that Kilgore just couldn't find a way to stop #2 (Cooper) from ripping off long runs..... and Kilgore's offense just couldn't get on track on the ground or through the air against a stout Texas High defense. Was definitely a learning experience for our boys... and I hope T-High came away a better team as well.

Kilgore just looked off tonight. Their defense really didn’t play bad if you take away 3 long series that skewed the stats. After T-High’s first score, the D made adjustments and really did a good job for most of the rest of the game. Kilgore’s QB and receivers just never looked like they were on the same page. From what I saw, it was just an off game against a good team that can be corrected. I don’t think too much should be read into this week. Now if they come out with another dud against Pitt, then it may be time for Bulldogs fans to worry a little.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

Congrats on the win T-High, and good luck on the rest of your season.

Nutshell version of this game (from my perspective, of course) is that Kilgore just couldn't find a way to stop #2 (Cooper) from ripping off long runs..... and Kilgore's offense just couldn't get on track on the ground or through the air against a stout Texas High defense. Was definitely a learning experience for our boys... and I hope T-High came away a better team as well.

Yep, Kilgore has won two coming from behind and couldn’t get the magic this time.

Hood game, T High, y’all looked much better than last year. Hope you can build on your success going into district play.