Tenaha vs San Augustine

SAWolfman

Who Wins  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

7 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

Ok...are you not reading correctly?  I said we are the defending region 3 champs...so that means we won it last year!  We are going to get everyone's best game because we won it last year....how was I not being humble????

I can read fine. Every team that wins consistently has a target on their back. Running down the other team & their facilities make you look arrogant. With that being said, Go Tigers!

21 minutes ago, Eagles95 said:

I can read fine. Every team that wins consistently has a target on their back. Running down the other team & their facilities make you look arrogant. With that being said, Go Tigers!

I have yet to run down Tenaha.  Perhaps Newton should go play their playoff games there instead of using our facilities.  You can then see 3/4 fighting for a spot on the fence because they only have 3 rows of bleachers to sit on.  

• Stinks 1

19 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

Their stadium is a dump.  Their field is horrible, and their visitor bleachers are below standard.  

Below standard is putting it mildly ... the stadium should be condemned until they remedy the unsafe conditions due to lack of seating on the visitors side ... 

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Below standard is putting it mildly ... the stadium should be condemned until they remedy the unsafe conditions due to lack of seating on the visitors side ... 

Yea I usually go up on the hill behind the bleachers and pick a stump...lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I’ve played in that hole in the ground with 3 or 4 inches on the field back in the mid 80’s.

21 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

Their stadium is a dump.  Their field is horrible, and their visitor bleachers are below standard.  

Come on SA.  I don't know anything about their district finance wise, but is it a money matter?  Guess it always is.  Perhaps they're being more responsible with the taxpayer money or just don't have the money SA has?  I know I voted against the last school bond in my district because they wanted to spend a ridiculous amount on a new football stadium.  

2 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Come on SA.  I don't know anything about their district finance wise, but is it a money matter?  Guess it always is.  Perhaps they're being more responsible with the taxpayer money or just don't have the money SA has?  I know I voted against the last school bond in my district because they wanted to spend a ridiculous amount on a new football stadium.  

They have the big fancy state of the art gym...charter buses...they charge for parking....it goes on.  No reason for that field to be like that.

• Stinks 1

Cost mucho dinero to upgrade a stadium.  They've obviously decided to put their money elsewhere.  I have no problem with that.  Sometimes the older ones have much better "feel" of what Friday nights are supposed to be like than the newer or refurbished stadiums that can be generic with very little character.

I like going to the old ones.  Went to Mason's Puncherdome for the first time last year and it was awesome, but super old.  Same for Lampasas last week.

13 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Cost mucho dinero to upgrade a stadium.  They've obviously decided to put their money elsewhere.  I have no problem with that.  Sometimes the older ones have much better "feel" of what Friday nights are supposed to be like than the newer or refurbished stadiums that can be generic with very little character.

I like going to the old ones.  Went to Mason's Puncherdome for the first time last year and it was awesome, but super old.  Same for Lampasas last week.

I saw a glimpse of their stadium from the broadcast a couple of weeks ago.  Kinda weird looking lol.

10 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Not talking about some huge expensive renovation project like Jacksonville.  Nothing wrong with their home side and the field is playable but not great.  The issue is the lack of seating on the visitors side which forces people to bring lawn chairs and try and sit on the side of an uneven mostly dirt hill.  It's not only only inconvienent and uncomfortable, it's downright unsafe.  I have seen a few people slip and fall on the dirt hill and even go tumbling out of fold out lawn chairs.  The visitors side should be condemned because it's unsafe ...

18 hours ago, TigerGirl said:

It amazes me the hate Tenaha gets this time of year.🙄 I'm pulling for my Tigers and always will. Whether we win or lose it will be a good game. SA is loaded and a good team. I saw that with my own eyes Friday night, but you never know how these games will go. A really good team can have a really bad night. JS. 

On a bad night San Augustine only wins by 20. 

Gonna be a tough game for the Tigers, but don’t count them out. Lot of seasoned SA players. I feel Tenaha is pretty humble this year. Can agree that the visitor side bleachers need improvement but the stadium is far from a “dump.” Field is old, but that’s one of the reasons I personally love it. Not many left like it. If the Tigers play to their full potential they’ll put up a good fight. Blowouts get boring, ready for some competition, win or lose.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I would pay good money for Wolfman to have to go back and play in the Tiger pit and then listen to his commentary after the muddy battle......cuz it’s gonna be wet this Friday 

It was wet last year when we played there.  

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:21 AM, KirtFalcon said:

Not talking about some huge expensive renovation project like Jacksonville.  Nothing wrong with their home side and the field is playable but not great.  The issue is the lack of seating on the visitors side which forces people to bring lawn chairs and try and sit on the side of an uneven mostly dirt hill.  It's not only only inconvienent and uncomfortable, it's downright unsafe.  I have seen a few people slip and fall on the dirt hill and even go tumbling out of fold out lawn chairs.  The visitors side should be condemned because it's unsafe ...

Well don't say that too loud, the "downright unsafe" part.  You'll have OSHA crawling all over them because in this age when nobody takes personal responsibility, we all need somebody from the government to do for us what common sense used to do. 

I say, if this hill is uneven and has dirt, be extra careful.  If a person can't be extra careful, don't go to the game.  If it's kids, that's the responsibility of their parents' instead of all the kids running all around like I see so much these days. 

54 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Well don't say that too loud, the "downright unsafe" part.  You'll have OSHA crawling all over them because in this age when nobody takes personal responsibility, we all need somebody from the government to do for us what common sense used to do. 

I say, if this hill is uneven and has dirt, be extra careful.  If a person can't be extra careful, don't go to the game.  If it's kids, that's the responsibility of their parents' instead of all the kids running all around like I see so much these days. 

You need to be updated on your tetanus shot at least before you go..

• Stinks 1

39 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

You need to be updated on your tetanus shot at least before you go..

See, now that's what I'm talking about regarding personal responsibility.

You're being forward thinking.  If you fall down Tenaha's ever so 'inconvenient, uncomfortable, and downright unsafe' hill and end up with an ouchy, you're  prepared. 

1 hour ago, Everide2016 said:

They should do something about it before that happens .... I am all for personal responsibility, this goes far beyond a personal responsibility issue .... If an organization or business is going to host a public event like this, it's THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to provide a safe environment for the public .... period! ....  You would think the school district would realize the situation they have created and continue to operate in ....