Pleasant Grove Hawks vs Gladewater Bears

dhoop02

Gladewater came in and took care of business last year. Hawks will remember the streeak being ended at home, and surely look to redeem that loss.

After the Atlanta game with the Bears, they appear to be two evenly matched teams, which gives me confidence going into Gladewater for a win.

I know comparing teams like that is apples and oranges, but I weigh it how I see it.

Hawks just need to play their game, keep penalties and turnovers away, and they will do fine.

It's hard for me to see this game being close just by looking at the 2 teams. The triplets on defense for PG are massive. Going back and looking at film, #40 went unblocked a lot of the time, because the other 2 take so much attention. 

That being said, I think GW also shows up with a different plan than we did. Gladewater is notorious for going out and playing like they have nothing to lose. If their QB plays like he did against Atlanta, this game could come down to the 4th qtr. Gladewater also has the ability to just grind out 3 yards at a time. They'll have the best chance of tiring out the big 3. 

I was there for the 2nd half of this game last year. It was a good game. I felt like the over-aggression actually cost PG the game. But Gladewater played with that intensity that's needed in a game like this. 

15 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It's hard for me to see this game being close just by looking at the 2 teams. The triplets on defense for PG are massive. Going back and looking at film, #40 went unblocked a lot of the time, because the other 2 take so much attention. 

That being said, I think GW also shows up with a different plan than we did. Gladewater is notorious for going out and playing like they have nothing to lose. If their QB plays like he did against Atlanta, this game could come down to the 4th qtr. Gladewater also has the ability to just grind out 3 yards at a time. They'll have the best chance of tiring out the big 3. 

I was there for the 2nd half of this game last year. It was a good game. I felt like the over-aggression actually cost PG the game. But Gladewater played with that intensity that's needed in a game like this. 

No doubt this will be a tough game for the Bears. I’ll take a good clean game and come out healthy and still be happy. This will be the toughest team we play this season but it will help playing them for when we face a team like Malakoff. If we can keep this game close into the 4th quarter it could get interesting. The main goal is to clean up the turnovers and go into Winnsboro game healthy!

16 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

No doubt this will be a tough game for the Bears. I’ll take a good clean game and come out healthy and still be happy. This will be the toughest team we play this season but it will help playing them for when we face a team like Malakoff. If we can keep this game close into the 4th quarter it could get interesting. The main goal is to clean up the turnovers and go into Winnsboro game healthy!

Yeah. In my opinion, there's no team in 3A that even comes close. The gap between 3A and top tier 4A is a rather large gap.

That being said, you gotta watch the comment section when the game is over. Hawknation kind of loses his mind and filter, and the 11 year old inner self comes out. Can't take him anywhere. 

Good luck to both teams. Hopefully they stay healthy. I heard yesterday our RB suffered a possible bone bruise so, hopefully he can get over that and get back in the saddle again. 

2 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

H3IIR4z0r.............much respect to #8 and #25.  THose guys played hard Friday night.  When 8 broke that one long run he showed a different gear after that spin move.

If our #8 gets in the open you’ll see that same gear. Getting in the open against that defense will be the challenge. 

1 hour ago, Hawk20 said:

H3IIR4z0r.............much respect to #8 and #25.  THose guys played hard Friday night.  When 8 broke that one long run he showed a different gear after that spin move.

#25 is a sophomore. I'm excited to see what he'll become. #8 is just a hard runner. He works hard. During the summer I can drive around town and I'll always find him running down the street somewhere. 

Really wish y'all could have seen #5. He only ran the wildcat 1 time and looks like he caught a hit just right. Hopefully he'll be good to go this week. We will see.

There were some hits being made in the first half. Those 4th down touchdowns though are just deflating. We never expected to win, but we expected them to play hard. They did for the most part. Offense managed to scratch 3 more points before the end. I just felt like our mindset should have been a little more "balls to the wall - nothing to lose" type attitude. But, if we learn, and grow as a team, I'm happy. We're in 2 different classifications for a reason at this point. 

Good luck to the Hawks from here on out. Idk who's going to have the ability in 4AD2 to compete, honestly. The Carthage/PG game is going to be something else to witness. 

7 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Yeah. In my opinion, there's no team in 3A that even comes close. The gap between 3A and top tier 4A is a rather large gap.

That being said, you gotta watch the comment section when the game is over. Hawknation kind of loses his mind and filter, and the 11 year old inner self comes out. Can't take him anywhere. 

Good luck to both teams. Hopefully they stay healthy. I heard yesterday our RB suffered a possible bone bruise so, hopefully he can get over that and get back in the saddle again. 

I strongly resemble that remark!!

5 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Come on Raz... 11 yr old I was at least 12 1/2..

Im not going on a Rant like that with Gladewater. Even though they gave us a heart breaker last year. Their fans are really great. Now the bashing I got from the Rabb fans was on a whole other level. They bring out the worst in me!!😠

The ones that are your friends??? 🙄

6 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

The ones that are your friends??? 🙄

Pretty much,, but like I said afterwards. That was for certain Rabb fans. 

Anyways back to Gladewater, I Hope PG doesn’t do that 5-2 formation this year. The Bears torched it last year. I believe Carter had like 220+ on the Hawks last year. I think Fuller had the right idea last year but the Hawks just seemed out of their element. I think he will mix it up this Friday and give the Bears a few different looks that we haven’t seen yet. But keep the base D 3-4. I love what Fuller has done on the D in his 2 yrs. I’m sure he will have a good scheme for GW.