Pleasant Grove Hawks vs Gladewater Bears

dhoop02

7 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It will be a lot more interesting to see you guys throwing against a team with a secondary, LOL. 

The great thing about the Wing T that can throw, is when the secondary is good, you don’t need to throw a lot. You can throw a few if they over commit to the run game. Past two years only three teams have figured out how to stop it. 

7 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It will be a lot more interesting to see you guys throwing against a team with a secondary, LOL. 

The great thing about the Wing T that can throw, is when the secondary is good, you don’t need to throw a lot. You can throw a few if they over commit to the run game. Past two years only three teams have figured out how to stop it. 

9 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

the 3 teams that stopped the wing T? I guess Fut meant that there has been only three teams the Hawks lost to in 2 yrs. Cuero, Carthage, and Gladewater.

The loss to Gladewater wasn't because we were able to stop the Wing T. 

This PG team is older, bigger, and stronger. They have the depth to put this one away early in second half. I think when people are arguing who will win, they forget that the numbers game clearly favors PG. IF PG doesn't turn it over, this one will be well out of reach by end of 3rd. PG by 20+

• Stinks 1

18 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

the 3 teams that stopped the wing T? I guess Fut meant that there has been only three teams the Hawks lost to in 2 yrs. Cuero, Carthage, and Gladewater.

Alright that's enough trolling, ol Hawko has done got in his feelings... Time to talk about the ballgame and why Gladewater will win another game in the rain!!

19 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

Correct. It's because Gladewater lined up and punched PG in the mouth every play. It was a battle, and a blast to watch. Gladewater played balls to the wall till the last whistle, and it paid dividends on that last scoop and score. 

This PG team isn't like last years though. My disdain for PG cannot cloud my vision. They're much better than least year. I know if there's a team that's capable of doing it in 3A, it's Gladewater though. Just grind it out. 

1 hour ago, Unbiased1 said:

This PG team is older, bigger, and stronger. They have the depth to put this one away early in second half. I think when people are arguing who will win, they forget that the numbers game clearly favors PG. IF PG doesn't turn it over, this one will be well out of reach by end of 3rd. PG by 20+

I don’t think anyone is forgetting anything but no one is going to just roll over and concede anything either. Our boys will show up and play hard just like they did last season and if things go right anything can happen. This is an uphill battle for any team much less a 3A team to beat the #1 ranked team in a higher classification. I bet you money coach Berry isn’t building it up for the boys that way. They will take the field with the expectation of having success and if things don’t go their way it won’t be for lack of effort. Either way this is just another preparation game for district and as long as both teams get their work and stay healthy then mission accomplished. We beat PG last year and then they went on to play for a state championship. I’d trade last years PG win for the opportunity for our boys to be playing in Jerry World in late December!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

No, there were other factors, but Gladewater was able to stop it enough to outscore PG. 

Sometimes teams outplay their opponents for 90% of the game, but the lapse during the other 10% can be the difference if timing is there.

2 hours ago, TxEliteScout said:

Alright that's enough trolling, ol Hawko has done got in his feelings... Time to talk about the ballgame and why Gladewater will win another game in the rain!!

What other games in the rain do you know of? Are you really tracking all of PG's opponents that closely?

18 minutes ago, futfan said:

That's the Scout calling the Kettle Black.

No kidding! As far as being a Guru i'm not a guru of football by any means but I do know 70% of the starters and most since they were old enough to play competitive sports. As far as the coaching staff I have spent significant time with most of them regarding football and on a personal level. Not that it makes me special. Im sure there are plenty of Hawk posters on here that will tell you the very same thing. PG really does get everyone in the community involved in their programs.

4 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

No kidding! As far as being a Guru i'm not a guru of football by any means but I do know 70% of the starters and most since they were old enough to play competitive sports. As far as the coaching staff I have spent significant time with most of them regarding football and on a personal level. Not that it makes me special. Im sure there are plenty of Hawk posters on here that will tell you the very same thing. PG really does get everyone in the community involved in their programs.

But did you stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night? 😂

• LOL! 1