Pleasant Grove Hawks vs Gladewater Bears

dhoop02

21 hours ago, TxEliteScout said:

Get the camera ready Hawko....This just may be the week!! I believe after last year Gladewater knows what to expose to get the W!!

Haters gonna hate!! Not even sure if you do anything else on here but Hate on the Hawks. That’s ok Jealousy is not becoming! 

3 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Haters gonna hate!! Not even sure if you do anything else on here but Hate on the Hawks. That’s ok Jealousy is not becoming! 

Now come on Hawko....I think the Hawks are a great team. Just weak up the middle and waiting to be exposed. Gladwater might expose em this week. Take a picture of that!!! 

6 minutes ago, TxEliteScout said:

Now come on Hawko....I think the Hawks are a great team. Just weak up the middle and waiting to be exposed. Gladwater might expose em this week. Take a picture of that!!! 

I guess that's like anything else. You can only be wrong so long. Eventually, whether this year, next, the year after, you'll be right. Just keep on keepin' on. Your day will come... some day. 

12 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Hawks...., and it ain't gonna be pretty..., especially after last year.  PG is good enough to channel the revenge factor into playing at a higher level.

Y’all will get some fun with PG in a few weeks but you’ve got bigger problems this week and probably next. Sure hope to see you guys back on the schedule next year. I’m hearing it is going to happen !

13 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Y’all will get some fun with PG in a few weeks but you’ve got bigger problems this week and probably next. Sure hope to see you guys back on the schedule next year. I’m hearing it is going to happen !

Even if we don’t I hope they come up with a better excuse then we were to scared to play them in week 5 lmao

32 minutes ago, TxEliteScout said:

Where are you getting the information that they are weak in the middle. Sure there have been some big plays in the middle but no evidence suggest they are weak! Outside of Atlanta’s big run up the guy and Paris #22 2 big runs they have done their job. Are you saying that the linebackers for PG are weak?

23 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I'm hearing first week but you know how realignment can mess up a schedule.

The Hawks have scored a combined total of 115 points and held their opponents to 40 through 3 games. That's an average score of 38-13. Now take into account that they have done this against 3 top 10 state ranked teams in their class and you don't come up with weakness. These 2019 Hawks are not far off of the mark from the 2017 State Champions and I believe the 2019 Hawks have played equal if not better teams than the 2017 Hawks did through 3 games. Especially Paris. Just a thought: the final score from the 2017 Atlanta Game was the exact same as 2019 48-17. Can the Hawks get better? Oh yea and they will, but they are not by any means weak. 

10 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

The Hawks have scored a combined total of 115 points and held their opponents to 40 through 3 games. That's an average score of 38-13. Now take into account that they have done this against 3 top 10 state ranked teams in their class and you don't come up with weakness. These 2019 Hawks are not far off of the mark from the 2017 State Champions and I believe the 2019 Hawks have played equal if not better teams than the 2017 Hawks did through 3 games. Especially Paris. Just a thought: the final score from the 2017 Atlanta Game was the exact same as 2019 48-17. Can the Hawks get better? Oh yea and they will, but they are not by any means weak. 

Uh.... who said they were weak? Lol

48 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

I was thinking the same thing. 😂. I think someone said they thought the had a soft spot in the middle but even a state champion can have a soft spot (not that it’s my opinion) and be a damn good team.  We will see if we can find a hole in that D thus week but if we can’t Surratt will find it next week if it’s there. 

31 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I was thinking the same thing. 😂. I think someone said they thought the had a soft spot in the middle but even a state champion can have a soft spot (not that it’s my opinion) and be a damn good team.  We will see if we can find a hole in that D thus week but if we can’t Surratt will find it next week if it’s there. 

I guess it was the one guy saying they were weak up the middle. I’m not going to pay that nonsense any attention. 

33 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Our playstyle does have the chance to give PG fits bc it mirrors what they do too. If GW can have 2-3 7+ min drives I think we are right in it in the 4th. If there’s some early three and outs it could be trouble 

3 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Yep..., fun, fun for us over the next two weeks for sure.  We have the talent to compete with those teams, just don't know about all the other "intangibles".  I know it's sad, but I would be satisfied if we played better football.  It's not about our opponents right now.  It's about us getting better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BearFan13 said:

Txelitescout. Said they are weak in the middle. I will concede that 23 and 18 are not the 8 and 5 of 2017 or the 16 and 8 of last year but that doesn't mean they are weak. They are first year starters at their positions so there will be learning curves. I think they are getting better every week.

3 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Txelitescout. Said they are weak in the middle. I will concede that 23 and 18 are not the 8 and 5 of 2017 or the 16 and 8 of last year but that doesn't mean they are weak. They are first year starters at their positions so there will be learning curves. I think they are getting better every week.

I didn’t see that comment. But like I said I don’t buy into that either. PG is too good of a team to just have any glaring weaknesses. Sure might be stronger in some areas but I wouldn’t go as far to say weak up the middle. I guess we will see for ourselves Friday bc we sure love our FB dive lol

Just now, BearFan13 said:

I didn’t see that comment. But like I said I don’t buy into that either. PG is too good of a team to just have any glaring weaknesses. Sure might be stronger in some areas but I wouldn’t go as far to say weak up the middle. I guess we will see for ourselves Friday bc we sure love our FB dive lol

As do we.. LOL

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

PG full back has 21 carries for 141 yrds 6.5 YPC and a long of only 14 yrds, kids a tank.

I would have to agree with you on that one HAWKO! Finally starting to make sense! Since you have an eye for such good talent like the PG fullback, why can't you see the weakness of the defense in the middle? These linebackers are not the same as the ones of the past, not saying that they wont ever be, but if I had to pick out a weakness its in the middle. Think on this.... If PG ever gets behind by more than two score they lose, they don't have the explosive offense of the past to catch up!

7 minutes ago, TxEliteScout said:

I would have to agree with you on that one HAWKO! Finally starting to make sense! Since you have an eye for such good talent like the PG fullback, why can't you see the weakness of the defense in the middle? These linebackers are not the same as the ones of the past, not saying that they wont ever be, but if I had to pick out a weakness its in the middle. Think on this.... If PG ever gets behind by more than two score they lose, they don't have the explosive offense of the past to catch up!

PG not explosive??? 

Harmon can make the best defenses look bad. Plus, that variation of the Wing T can score in a hurry if needed. 

Only way to beat PG is to keep their offense off the field and hope you can force turnovers when they are on the field. 

As another poster said, PG will be the toughest test the Bears face all year and that's an understatement. Everything, and I mean everything, will have to go Gladewater's way to claim another victory over the Hawks. It won't be easy because last year's game still eats at PG.  I believe the Bears have the talent, but it will take a massive mistake and penalty free effort.

Here's to a game as great and exciting as last year.

1 hour ago, TxEliteScout said:

This Pleasant Grove is more explosive than the past two years, even with the loss of Jackson Cobb. Harmon is better than ever; Garrett is better than ever; the Martin kid is incredible, especially at linebacker; Sergio looked pretty explosive to me last week against Atlanta; Wait until they start throwing to their tight ends Burris and Jackson.