Pleasant Grove Hawks vs Gladewater Bears

dhoop02

36 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Speaking of Rain , just got word that middle school games have been canceled in Gladewater for today. We may also get cancelled tomorrow.

Eh this is East Texas it may not even rain tomorrow! But if it does cancel and the Malakoff game doesn’t I’ll be there!

9 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Why would PG cancel and Atlanta not?

Tbh, the Longview/West Monroe game intrigues me as much as any. 

Gladewater canceled because they didn't want to risk driving in the rain late tonight.  PG didn't cancel it.

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Nah they're saying they might cancel tomorrow. 

sorry thought you meant the sub-vartsity tonight.  i talked to our coach a few minutes ago and he said we are playing tomorrow night unless GW or the officials cancel it.

47 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

sorry thought you meant the sub-vartsity tonight.  i talked to our coach a few minutes ago and he said we are playing tomorrow night unless GW or the officials cancel it.

Everyone keep us informed. I'm stranded south of Beaumont with road closures. Hopefully we can get out in the morning.

5 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

No kidding! As far as being a Guru i'm not a guru of football by any means but I do know 70% of the starters and most since they were old enough to play competitive sports. As far as the coaching staff I have spent significant time with most of them regarding football and on a personal level. Not that it makes me special. Im sure there are plenty of Hawk posters on here that will tell you the very same thing. PG really does get everyone in the community involved in their programs.

😢😢😤 that was the most heartwarming, genuine, post I have seen so far this year Hawko.. going to make me start rootin for you guys!!

20 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

The rain will be gone by 6 tomorrow.  A little rain never hurt anybody.   Can’t believe cancellations are being discussed up here.   SE Texas yes but not in NE Texas.  

It doesn't take much these days. I remember last year, we had almost a 2 hour delay in Gladewater because of lightning. That was miserable.

Everyone drive safe to the game!  Looks like it will be dry / dryish around kick off!!

Looking for a Hawks victory and some more Wing T Air Raid offense!!

PG will take care of business against Gladewater and will stretch the lead.  I think that PG being a SR/JR led team now gives them a huge advantage and that unlike last year when they were still trying to figure out what they are capable of - this year they know who they are and how good they can be.

PG 38-13

1 minute ago, bearnation said:

Weather should cooperate.... looks like a 30ish% chance around 5 but only 10% chance around kickoff..... I dont have a good feeling about this one tonight though.... hope GW can keep it close and have a shot in the 4th qtr 

Definitely going to take a heck of effort and a lot of things going right to pull it off.