Winnsboro (3-0) at Mount Vernon (3-0)

mrclean69

Who you got?   

78 members have voted

1. 1. Winny VS MV

• Winny
    • MV

Do you guys think the MV hype is cause they are actually good or just cause AB is their coach? Like some of these people are making it out to be like they are going to win state based off of 3 games against porous opponents. Im not denying that they have a good team but like are they the world beaters that some are claiming?

7 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Do you guys think the MV hype is cause they are actually good or just cause AB is their coach? Like some of these people are making it out to be like they are going to win state based off of 3 games against porous opponents. Im not denying that they have a good team but like are they the world beaters that some are claiming?

Way too early for anyone to include MV in any state title discussions.  Let’s see how they look over the next four weeks and then we can maybe talk playoffs.

I may just be talking through Raider tinted glasses but I just cant grasp the predictions that Winny is going to get rolled or blown off the field. Call me naïve or whatever but I just don't see it playing out like that. Can the Raiders lose? Yes. Can the Tigers lose? Yes. Will it be a be competitive game? Absolutely 

6 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Queen City and Harleton do not prepare you for a pillow fight let alone an intense rivalry game. Especially after the circus this last week. 

*Queen City and Paris Chism but yes I have not disputed that those teams weren't good for us but that was just how it goes. That fact alone does not constitute claiming that Winny will get blown out.

The people that think one will roll the other may be a little bias.  I think it will be a knock down drag out.   Wouldn't be surprised if mv comes out with a little nerves early with the crowd and media spectacle this game is going to bring.  Finney and the raiders going in with a nothing to lose mentality.   

1 minute ago, Purpletigerfan said:

The people that think one will roll the other may be a little bias.  I think it will be a knock down drag out.   Wouldn't be surprised if mv comes out with a little nerves early with the crowd and media spectacle this game is going to bring.  

Agree.  One possession game either way.  Relatively low scoring given both team’s offensive numbers on the season and weather.  Defense of both teams will flex.  Rain helps Winnsboro.

Honestly, match-up wise, I like Winny. Their offense, if run correctly, can keep MV's offense off the field. That's the best way to beat a dominant spread team. Finney is a good coach. I'm not sure what terms he left MV on, but this could be some sweet revenge. I gotta say, MV is are our district buddies, but I gotta pull for Winny. 

Also, Winny's uniforms are saweeeeet. Man I'm a sucker for red. 

54 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Agreed. Both weak schedules. Those two you mentioned would donkey stomp Queen City and Chisum though. QC is beyond weak. 

Queen City has some good athletes it's just time to get rid of that good O boy system down there 

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Same thing I said. It’s gonna be a couple more weeks before we really have any kind of idea. 

Most definitely for Winny that will be the case having to travel to GW next week. Then we can talk more about it. This game will no doubt take a physical and mental toll so it will be key to refocus for the serious stuff that will start a week from tomorrow.

• Mr. P changed the title to Winnsboro (3-0) at Mount Vernon (3-0)