mrclean69

Who you got?   

78 members have voted

1. 1. Winny VS MV

• Winny
    • MV

20 minutes ago, TheShadowKnows said:

Random Penalties hurt winnsboro. 

I wouldn't say that's the only reason yall lost.  Mv shot themselves in the foots several times with personal fouls after plays.  Mv tempo had your guys gassed.  Great game by both teams winny should do well come district time in my opinion.  Great group of hard nosed kids on that team.

• Like 1

I though it would be closer and by the way the announcers talked like it was much closer than the score shows. I will take my crow fried with plenty of gravy please!! I think Winny will regroup and be just fine in district play give Coach Finney another year and the Raiders are going to be tough to beat! Pretty good turn around already!! 

Just now, blesseddaily said:

I though it would be closer and by the way the announcers talked like it was much closer than the score shows. I will take my crow fried with plenty of gravy please!! I think Winny will regroup and be just fine in district play give Coach Finney another year and the Raiders are going to be tough to beat! Pretty good turn around 

This game was honestly way closer than the scoreboard shows.  Very close game until the end of the 3rd qtr.  Fast tempo for mv and winny trying to play from two scores down really gassed them and let mv coast.  

• Like 1

I have to give props to the MV radio announcers.  They did a great job of not being “homers” when the game was close and then really going out of their way to give Coach Finney a lot of the credit for the turn around in the MV program. Also big props to Coach Briles for being classy at the end. That should show everyone that Coach Finney had nothing to do with all the garbage early in the week. I guarantee you if he had the score would have been worse. Very classy move Coach Briles. 

Gotta give credit where credit is due and that is to the the Tigers. All week i was anticipating the pace that MV played with to be a big hurdle and it no doubt was. They kept the pedal down at a great pace. Winny should hold their head high for sure. Didnt play particularly well at times but still fought very hard. We talked all week about finding out just how good either team was and i think MV answered that question and i will say the jury still may be out for the Raiders solely in the fact that i want to see how we bounce back after this game. We've got to regroup and get focused for district. Pray our guys who got a little banged up tonight will be okay

4 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Gotta give credit where credit is due and that is to the the Tigers. All week i was anticipating the pace that MV played with to be a big hurdle and it no doubt was. They kept the pedal down at a great pace. Winny should hold their head high for sure. Didnt play particularly well at times but still fought very hard. We talked all week about finding out just how good either team was and i think MV answered that question and i will say the jury still may be out for the Raiders solely in the fact that i want to see how we bounce back after this game. We've got to regroup and get focused for district. Pray our guys who got a little banged up tonight will be okay

Chevy, was there a big talent gap between the two teams? Just wondering if there was a noticeable difference or was it more Coach Briles and his system. 

13 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

I have to give props to the MV radio announcers.  They did a great job of not being “homers” when the game was close and then really going out of their way to give Coach Finney a lot of the credit for the turn around in the MV program. Also big props to Coach Briles for being classy at the end. That should show everyone that Coach Finney had nothing to do with all the garbage early in the week. I guarantee you if he had the score would have been worse. Very classy move Coach Briles. 

Radio station is actually out of Mt. Pleasant. But they do normally do a good job of not being biased and most of the time really do a good job of doing their research about each team 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eagle34 said:

Chevy, was there a big talent gap between the two teams? Just wondering if there was a noticeable difference or was it more Coach Briles and his system. 

No doubt his scheme was masterful. To be quite frank with you and maybe slightly predictable but i have to be honest, the move ins are very good players. I dont know if overall the talent gap was that different but they were running that offense like a well oiled machine and kept their foot on our throat all night with their pace of play

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purpletigerfan said:
2 hours ago, Purpletigerfan said:

I would love to see the stat line for holloman.  That's a big boy running back and they feed that boy like Zeke.  

That's my cousin! He can run a ball. He does like food, too, but he trains hard. He's a bulldozer & it usually takes more than a couple guys to bring him down.

• Like 2