MavGrad's Week 4 Preview (2019)

Coach Rab

Stoney’s A&M/ Auburn Questions

1. Home Field Advantage 

Auburn is 4-3 against A&M since 2012. 3-0 at Kyle Field. Can A&M change that?

2. QB Play

Which QB can be the most consistent, the true freshman or the junior? Who sees the majority of the snaps for A&M? Bad Mond or Good Mond? 

3. O-line Play

Can we bring back Jim Turner now? O-line play has been inconsistent under Henson. Can it establish the run? Can it keep Mond upright?

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

1. Home Field Advantage 

2. QB Play

Which QB can be the most consistent, the true freshman or the junior? Who sees the majority of the snaps for A&M? Bad Mond or Good Mond? 

3. O-line Play

Can we bring back Jim Turner now? O-line play has been inconsistent under Henson. Can it establish the run? Can it keep Mond upright?

I think that's where the game will be won, in the trenches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

1. Home Field Advantage 

2. QB Play

3. O-line Play

I think this A&M defense at Kyle is a completely different animal than what Auburn has experienced the last 3 times they have played there. I honestly think this one could be pretty one sided. I think if a decent Mond shows up, A&M might honestly be 2 tds better than auburn. 

When I break down the teams on film and on paper, I see several scenarios where Auburn loses, but only one where they win. They need their true freshman QB to do what very few true freshman ever do, and that’s go on the road and play great ball against a very solid defense in one of the toughest places to play on the country in his first road start. If that happens, they still will need to make Kellen mond play poorly as well as slow down the running game. Something that better defenses have failed to do when coming to Kyle field since Jimbo was hired. Those are both going to be tough to do simultaneously imo. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Tennessee gonna be 0-3 vs FBS teams. Pruitt may not see the 3rd Saturday in October. And considering he’d be putting that defense up against Tua and BAMA ‘s offense, I wouldn’t want to. 

He will probably end back up with Saban after watching this defense. Decent but not Saban like.