MavGrad's Week 4 Preview (2019)

Coach Rab

6 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

TCU looks like they may get upset.  A&M is my disappointment team this week

I never bought the "a&m is a better team" than Auburn.  You look at each teams starting unit and compare them and a&m may have the advantage at QB and LB.  

The OL is pretty bad and outside of Kenyon Green the OL takes in recruiting last year and this year don't look good.

2 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I never bought the "a&m is a better team" than Auburn.  You look at each teams starting unit and compare them and a&m may have the advantage at QB and LB.  

The OL is pretty bad and outside of Kenyon Green the OL takes in recruiting last year and this year don't look good.

It’s basically the same offensive line from last year except McCoy is gone and Green’s starting as a true freshman. Losing  Jim Turner is a bigger loss than A&M was expecting. The line play under Henson has taken a step back. 

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

It’s basically the same offensive line from last year except McCoy is gone and Green’s starting as a true freshman. Losing  Jim Turner is a bigger loss than A&M was expecting. The line play under Henson has taken a step back. 

This. A&Ms offensive lined played well enough last season regardless of what their star rankings are. This year, the same guys who returned from last years line are playing worse. I’m not sure if it’s the Oline coach (I think it is but I’m not sure) but the Oline is not playing at near the level they were last year. They are much softer in their run blocking. 

SFA gave Nicholls State all they wanted for 3 1/2 quarters. With 6 minutes left SFA had the ball down 35-30 and couldn’t convert a 3rd and 2 or 4th and 2. Nicholls took advantage of a tired defense and tacked on a couple of garbage TDs to make it 48-30. They looked like a much better team than the one I saw two weeks ago.