MavGrad's Week 4 Preview (2019)

Coach Rab

14 hours ago, Stoney said:

It’s basically the same offensive line from last year except McCoy is gone and Green’s starting as a true freshman. Losing  Jim Turner is a bigger loss than A&M was expecting. The line play under Henson has taken a step back. 

Would it better if that I forget his name was at (North Tx) called the plays ? The offense is average. The oline play isn't what it used to be. They also lack the safety net tight end play. Running game is decent but oline play has to be fixed. On Defense the secondary isn't that great . 

17 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Would it better if that I forget his name was at (North Tx) called the plays ? The offense is average. The oline play isn't what it used to be. They also lack the safety net tight end play. Running game is decent but oline play has to be fixed. On Defense the secondary isn't that great . 

Darrell Dickey? This team has to be able to run to set up the pass and vice versa. Defenses are doing a great job stopping the run forcing Mond to beat them. Buddies and me have been trying to figure out what the deal is with the delay of game calls? Is the center slow calling out protections? Is the play getting in late? Is Mond slow on reading the pre snap? How many 3rd and longs have they been in? It’s a chicken and the egg offense right now. Pick a cause and you’d be right. Play calling. Production. Mentality. Work on one and let’s see how it impacts the others.

7 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

In App States defense they are D1 FBS and did crack the Top 25 last year.

I went to one of their games last year in Boone, NC while visiting my daughter for Thanksgiving. Really enjoyed the experience as most games I attend are major D1.

11 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Am I the only one who gets a chuckle from the fact that Tennessee and Arkansas have paid San Jose State and Georgia State a combined $2 million to come beat them? Any idea what UNC paid App State to beat them? 

I usually give teams a pass if they lose to App. State or NDSU, but San Jose St. and Georgia St.? That's plain sad.

• LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Sounds like Dana is going to redshirt anyone worth a #### and put all of his eggs in next year’s basket 

Every UofH fan has told me the same exact thing this morning. I wonder what their current recruiting class looks like…. Im sure Dana is gonna work the portal too. 

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Every UofH fan has told me the same exact thing this morning. I wonder what their current recruiting class looks like…. Im sure Dana is gonna work the portal too. 

Listening to 97.5 this morning, they pointed out UH has a lot of transfer kids that are sitting out this year. They picked up 12 transfers total, four of which are P5 that weren't granted a waiver (Safety from OKST, CB from Troy, CB from Minnesota, S from Colorado). Most of the transfers have multiple years of eligibility. They will need more though, their current class is not good. #94 nationally and even worse, #11 in the AAC. 

I think this is something Holgerson wanted to do, to make this team older and have the opportunity to start redshirting younger players so they can develop. 

11 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Listening to 97.5 this morning, they pointed out UH has a lot of transfer kids that are sitting out this year. They picked up 12 transfers total, four of which are P5 that weren't granted a waiver (Safety from OKST, CB from Troy, CB from Minnesota, S from Colorado). Most of the transfers have multiple years of eligibility. They will need more though, their current class is not good. #94 nationally and even worse, #11 in the AAC. 

I think this is something Holgerson wanted to do, to make this team older and have the opportunity to start redshirting younger players so they can develop. 

Ok. That makes sense now.