Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

From the Mount Vernon Optic-Herald:

The District Executive Committee will meet at 10 a.m. today, Wednesday, Sept. 18 to discuss the eligibility of four Mount Vernon ISD athletes to compete in UIL activities. Committee members are the superintendents from District 7-3A D1 schools, including Atlanta, Hooks, Hughes Springs, Jefferson, Mount Vernon, New Boston, and Redwater. According to Mount Vernon ISD Superintendent Dr. Jason McCullough, only the eligibility of Mount Vernon High School athletes is being questioned. He also confirmed that the District Chairperson did visit Mount Vernon and verified the residency of the four student athletes in question. As a whole, there have been 27 students who have moved into the district to register for classes so far for the 2019-20 school year.

36 minutes ago, sportsfan4life said:

From the Mount Vernon Optic-Herald:

The District Executive Committee will meet at 10 a.m. today, Wednesday, Sept. 18 to discuss the eligibility of four Mount Vernon ISD athletes to compete in UIL activities. Committee members are the superintendents from District 7-3A D1 schools, including Atlanta, Hooks, Hughes Springs, Jefferson, Mount Vernon, New Boston, and Redwater. According to Mount Vernon ISD Superintendent Dr. Jason McCullough, only the eligibility of Mount Vernon High School athletes is being questioned. He also confirmed that the District Chairperson did visit Mount Vernon and verified the residency of the four student athletes in question. As a whole, there have been 27 students who have moved into the district to register for classes so far for the 2019-20 school year.

I was kind of blown away by that number when I first read this, but I'm not sure how that compares to other school districts. That's across all grades I'm sure, and that doesn't account for kids that move out. 

5 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I was kind of blown away by that number when I first read this, but I'm not sure how that compares to other school districts. That's across all grades I'm sure, and that doesn't account for kids that move out. 

It looks like a large number when you first look at it but it's really not for a school that size...and like you said, the number that withdrew was most likely close to the same number.

3 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

It looks like a large number when you first look at it but it's really not for a school that size...and like you said, the number that withdrew was most likely close to the same number.

Yeah I looked at it and was shocked, but that's like 2 move-ins per grade. That's not a lot. Be a lot more interested in seeing how many just moved into the high school. If that number stays the same, then you'd might see a red flag. 

• Like 1

It is because of who the coach is. Some people didn't like this move from the moment he was hired. It happens in schools all over East Texas ever year. It is a shame that schools and fans only see what others do. I know that three years ago a player move in and didn't live with any family member played football. After the season move home and ran track for his prior school. It has happen in many schools..

3 hours ago, Bock said:

Question

Did a DEC meeting occur before season started as is standard in most districts?  (Where the Supt's in the district review PAPF's & decided the kids were eligible) 

if yes decision was made then what has changed other than Capt Obvious to have another meeting? If a no decision was made in august then why are they playing now?

my two pennies

From my understanding a DEC meeting already happened at the first of the year and kids were deemed eligible. There must be some new information or new accusations coming from someone. Interesting that it’s coming out rivalry week against Winnsboro........

3 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

From my understanding a DEC meeting already happened at the first of the year and kids were deemed eligible. There must be some new information or new accusations coming from someone. Interesting that it’s coming out rivalry week against Winnsboro........

Tread lightly my friend

• LOL! 2

2 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Once again, for the record, the complaints/information/accusations can only come from other teams in MV's district. 

4 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Just now, blesseddaily said:

Once again, for the record, the complaints/information/accusations can only come from other teams in MV's district. 

Can it not be fed to a district team from someone outside?? Because the district signed off on it all back in August. 

16 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Would it not be possible for someone to ask a school that is in the District to ask for a hearing. Back around 2010 a school talked another school into bringing charges. Just saying, too many people are so naive if they think there’s no possible way that Finney or anyone else couldn’t have gotten this ball rolling. 

My point exactly. Not saying Finney but could be anyone. The fact about it coming out this week just raises up red flags and makes it seem it could be coming from Winnsboro, but it could be superintendent, board member, whoever. 

Someone seems to be in the ear of a school in District 7. Or maybe Hughes Springs or Atlanta did some extra digging and found something new they weren’t aware of and have problems with it. Hopefully we know soon 

4 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

My point exactly. Not saying Finney but could be anyone. The fact about it coming out this week just raises up red flags and makes it seem it could be coming from Winnsboro, but it could be superintendent, board member, whoever. 

Someone seems to be in the ear of a school in District 7. Or maybe Hughes Springs or Atlanta did some extra digging and found something new they weren’t aware of and have problems with it. Hopefully we know soon 

If you look at it from a completely neutral view, it looks a lot more like someone waited to start all this when it would LOOK like someone from Winny did it...think about it...the first thing that everyone thought was "it must be someone from Winnsboro"...make no mistake, there are folks from MV that aren't happy with all the spotlight being on football...they weren't happy the last two years with Coach Finney's success either...what better way to destroy it AND make it look like Coach Finney did it??? Two birds with one stone...hope we find out who it was, but I doubt it will ever be known.