Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

59 minutes ago, theprodigy said:

The high powered offense we were accustomed to seeing at Baylor? Baylor ran the spread sir! Mount vernon is running the slot t hurry up offense that Briles ran in his high school coaching days!

Mt Vernon is full on spread now under Briles lol 

9 minutes ago, Rabbs63 said:

Channel 7 out of Tyler just had news report on this.  They gave up school that reported the concerns.  Heck, I say let them all move around in High School, because same thing is happening at the College level.

Which school?

In my opinion the success that he is having/will have this year is going to catch those eyes that are no doubt watching him closely every day will lead to another offer at a bigger opportunity and poof he will be gone. Then we can revisit what that roster looks like a year from now if that happens

51 minutes ago, ViewFromAfar said:

This will be an ongoing issue for MV if Coach Briles is successful. With the contacts he has at the next level families from all over the area with talented kids will be moving there. I can't say I would blame them either.

This is no different then a parent settling down in Carthage, Allen, Argyle, Aledo, WOS or any other perennial power to give their son the best opportunity to play for a state championship and maybe be recruited to the next level.  I would do the same to give my son the best opportunities in life.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coachkells said:

This is no different then a parent settling down in Carthage, Allen, Argyle, Aledo, WOS or any other perennial power to give their son the best opportunity to play for a state championship and maybe be recruited to the next level.  I would do the same to give my son the best opportunities in life.  

+1000

On 9/18/2019 at 2:02 PM, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

So MV winning is all because of Briles not because they are playing the bottom feeders?  Let’s not get too excited. It will be at least 2-3 more weeks to know how good they actually are.  

winning games 21-14, 28-27 and 10-7 would be because they're getting to play bottom feeders. winning 44-16 (same size school - 3A), 50-20 (bigger 4A), and 57-0 (again, a bigger 4A) says something is clicking. 

5 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

winning games 21-14, 28-27 and 10-7 would be because they're getting to play bottom feeders. winning 44-16 (same size school - 3A), 50-20 (bigger 4A), and 57-0 (again, a bigger 4A) says something is clicking. 

Size of the school doesn't really matter if the team is terrible which those 3 teams could easily be described as that. We will find out tonight about both teams.

18 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I didn’t say MV or Winny were bad. I’m just saying it’s a little premature to get excited over their records right now. 

On 9/19/2019 at 7:53 AM, coachkells said:

You had me up to WOS. You been down there?

• 3 weeks later...