Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

9 hours ago, MattStepp said:

If its a witch hunt, I'm confident the evidence will come to light and the UIL will rule accordingly...if the DEC ruled correctly that'll come out as well...can't wait to watch the SEC meeting and see what happens

I'd say now that the media is involved,uil gets serious 

1 hour ago, kooldown54 said:

Go to the other thread from Matt Stepp, he quoted they’ll have a decision Tuesday, the kids will not play this week

Im very aware of Stepp's comments but my point is you can't plan a meeting BEFORE the appeal is even started. Horse in front of the wagon 

9 hours ago, MattStepp said:

If its a witch hunt, I'm confident the evidence will come to light and the UIL will rule accordingly...if the DEC ruled correctly that'll come out as well...can't wait to watch the SEC meeting and see what happens

Matt, haven't they ruled on this twice already? Didn't the State rule in MV's favor already? If the State rules in MV's favor is the case closed or can another whistleblower bring another accusation and this starts all over again. Curious how this keeps coming up. Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Horns85 said:

Im very aware of Stepp's comments but my point is you can't plan a meeting BEFORE the appeal is even started. Horse in front of the wagon 

I dont believe its the cart before the horse.  Im sure The UIL committee has an agenda and schedule and they have scheduled the MV case for Tuesday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eagle34 said:

Matt, haven't they ruled on this twice already? Didn't the State rule in MV's favor already? If the State rules in MV's favor is the case closed or can another whistleblower bring another accusation and this starts all over again. Curious how this keeps coming up. Thanks 

The first "ruling" was just the DEC getting the PAPFs (which were clear)

The second ruling was only a DEC ruling; and this ruling is only DEC

It can come up multiple times if new evidence is presented....now that its being appealed to Austin this will be it...once UIL rules it'll be final

Just now, MattStepp said:

The first "ruling" was just the DEC getting the PAPFs (which were clear)

The second ruling was only a DEC ruling; and this ruling is only DEC

It can come up multiple times if new evidence is presented....now that its being appealed to Austin this will be it...once UIL rules it'll be final

Dumb question, but can you elaborate on the new accusations?

So is this a case of Little Johnny's mommy and daddy mad that Little Johnny isn't getting the playing time they want so they are going after their own school? or is this the anti-briles side of the community trying to get him removed?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, soldier1 said:

Let me change gears here, whats the rule, policy on failing a drug test?  Is it the particular school to set the punishment for failing a drug test? Is it the UIL that sets the punishment for a player’s 1st time failing a drug test?

Good question 

3 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

So is this a case of Little Johnny's mommy and daddy mad that Little Johnny isn't getting the playing time they want so they are going after their own school? or is this the anti-briles side of the community trying to get him removed?

Going with the 2nd one.

11 hours ago, Truth100 said:

Is Art Briles a heck of a coach.....YES....he was the Head Coach at Baylor for crying out loud.....what is hilarious is everyone is acting shocked that this season hasnt been under the radar....hello wake up....its not going to end well for anyone and everyone involved.....AND IT ALL STARTED AT THE BEGINNING......it even ripped the town into two separate portions.....ALL BECAUSE OF A FEW FOOTBALL GAMES AND POPULARITY CONTEST👎👎👎👎

When 99 per cent of the town LOVES Coach Briles and about 3 don't, that's not a split between 2 portions of the town dude. That's just the 3 most loudmouthed and unliked troublemakers going against the entire town. Like I said before, the Baylor players should have been punished not Coach Briles. The players were old enough to know what they were doing was wrong. Coach Briles is a gentleman and he doesn't do stuff like that to ladies. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Would you like your little Johnny having to take a backseat to an “possible “ in eligible transfer after years of hardwork and dedication to the program? It’s one thing getting beat out by a better player, but it’s a little different when said player shouldn’t even be allowed to play....atleast not here in Texas per UIL. Not being a smart a&& either, it’s a legit question. 

7 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

When 99 per cent of the town LOVES Coach Briles and about 3 don't, that's not a split between 2 portions of the town dude. That's just the 3 most loudmouthed and unliked troublemakers going against the entire town. Like I said before, the Baylor players should have been punished not Coach Briles. The players were old enough to know what they were doing was wrong. Coach Briles is a gentleman and he doesn't do stuff like that to ladies

lol what was that in response to?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Is he the best coach? I could make an argument that Ed is doing a hell of a job in HS this season. I mean realistically speaking. 

Oh. You thought I was talking about only the current season. 

• Stinks 1

1 minute ago, mightyeagle said:

How many hearings is this gonna take,I have no dog in this fite,but the ones that keep it

going is a bunch of (Idiots) drop it let it go half of the season is over with

DRAMA,DRAMA😂

How many times are you going to have to ask this question? And why do you insist on posting about this drama? Are you classifying yourself in this same bunch you speak of?

• LOL! 1