Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

7 minutes ago, mustang1113 said:

I Could argue otherwise and what about the teams they cheated just say oh well.

Of course anyone could argue otherwise but there's gotta be proof presented to the SEC...the fact that the DEC didn't pursue retroactive forfeits means the SEC won't pursue it more than likely

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Of course anyone could argue otherwise but there's gotta be proof presented to the SEC...the fact that the DEC didn't pursue retroactive forfeits means the SEC won't pursue it more than likely

My two cents is this...if the players are ineligible now, they were ineligible when the season started. Nothing has changed with their situation, the only thing that changed was more or accurate information was provided to the DEC. If said players were ineligible and were played the wins should be forfeited. Period. But, that's just me.

1 minute ago, MVTiger64 said:

I wonder what kinda witch hunt the haters will start now? It doesn't matter I'm confident we will still make playoffs!! 

Obviously it wasn’t a witch hunt if an unbiased committee upheld the ruling based on the evidence given. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

My two cents is this...if the players are ineligible now, they were ineligible when the season started. Nothing has changed with their situation, the only thing that changed was more or accurate information was provided to the DEC. If said players were ineligible and were played the wins should be forfeited. Period. But, that's just me.

Agree

12 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Does this mean the documentary is over?!

The documentary was being filmed before Art Briles came to Mt. Vernon. They were filming at the first school board meeting in June after AB was hired--the meeting where the news stations and Dallas Morning News all showed up hoping for fireworks. I'm sure the documentary will continue. It was never fake like so many have wanted to believe.

7 minutes ago, MVTiger64 said:

I wonder what kinda witch hunt the haters will start now? It doesn't matter I'm confident we will still make playoffs!! 

#WeareMtvernon 

Dumb wording here. Rules are rules. Of course since they were caught its bc people were “hating on mv/briles” 🙄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sportsfan4life said:

The documentary was being filmed before Art Briles came to Mt. Vernon. They were filming at the first school board meeting in June after AB was hired--the meeting where the news stations and Dallas Morning News all showed up hoping for fireworks. I'm sure the documentart will continue. It was never fake like so many have wanted to believe.

Well in that case why didn’t they hire Hawthorne as a full time employee and not give false information as to why he was/is there? 

10 minutes ago, MVTiger64 said:

#WeareMtvernon 

Y’all will make the playoffs, just without the 2 that shouldn’t have been allowed to play from the very beginning 

9 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Witch hunts are unfounded inquisitions based on lies...obviously this one was not a "witch hunt" was it?

Witch hunt fit his 'agenda' and is now butt hurt that said 'witch hunt' didn't fly his way. Get the broom and sweep that nonsense out of here 64

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

10 minutes ago, MVTiger64 said:

#WeareMtvernon 

There never was a witch hunt, grown folks   made a conscious effort to cheat, with a guy whose past situation would naturally make people suspicious. 

Why even make a documentary about yourself? How narcissistic is Briles ,and how gullible is #weareMtvernon?  

and yes Mt vernon will still be salty and make a nice run to state.

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. 

They “hired” him. Said he was going to be filming the documentary and not coach. He did coach. He was also the connection to the two players. Im wondering why they didn’t just actually hire him legitimately from the start 

11 minutes ago, sportsfan4life said:

The documentary was being filmed before Art Briles came to Mt. Vernon. They were filming at the first school board meeting in June after AB was hired--the meeting where the news stations and Dallas Morning News all showed up hoping for fireworks. I'm sure the documentary will continue. It was never fake like so many have wanted to believe.

The missing Lynx.

1 minute ago, chevyman said:

They “hired” him. Said he was going to be filming the documentary and not coach. He did coach. He was also the connection to the two players. Im wondering why they didn’t just actually hire him legitimately from the start 

Are you saying "they" is Mt. Vernon?  How could MV hire him for the documentary? Mt. Vernon has nothing to do with the documentary. 

Are you saying "they" is Mt. Vernon?  How could MV hire him for the documentary? Mt. Vernon has nothing to do with the documentary. 

Im talking MV yes and referring to hiring him as an employee of the school and not just saying he was here to film the documentary. That’s apparently what they did. 

42 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

The rule says knowingly or unknowingly.  Minimum is forfeitures. Would that not be "unknowingly "? They were after all ineligible.