Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I guess we'd have to ask why the 3 schools abstained from voting in the 2nd meeting. 3 felt like they'd seen enough, 3 abstained. Why? I wish they'd do a press release lol. 

the three that abstained originally voted in the final meeting...again they could have easily called for MV to forfeit the HS game...but they didn't...my guess is they didn't have enough evidence to implicate MVISD directly so they decided to not move forward with that and focus on the eligibility issue which they clearly had evidence of

19 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

We got blood in the water. Not enough that these kids cant ever play high school football again. By Gawd, they need to forfeit every game!!. HS or whoever turned them in got the desired result. Congratulations!!!  Soap opera over, let's play ball. 

So whose fault is it in your eyes? HS or Mtv? 

8 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Who is they? Who is them? Are you saying MV administration knowingly lied and or falsified documents that were provided to DEC? Or are you saying the Parents or guardian did? I'm not following you. Please be specific 

Somebody lied and it was not the district committee or the UIL 

Just now, TheShadowKnows said:

So whose fault is it in your eyes? HS or Mtv? 

I would think it's the parents or guardians fault if they provided incorrect address or incorrect reasons for the move. I have a hard time believing the Conspiracy theories regarding the School district knowingly falsifying information. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Both athletes are pretty good baseball players from what I gather.  What are the chances they move back to CO before Christmas in order to be eligible to play baseball in the spring?

I would! I would be hot as a Jap if I lost my senior year becuase of my uncle! 

1 minute ago, eagle34 said:

I would think it's the parents or guardians fault if they provided incorrect address or incorrect reasons for the move. I have a hard time believing the Conspiracy theories regarding the School district knowingly falsifying information. 

Would that then fall under the category of unknowingly playing ineligible players?

5 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

You could be right, but this is not an honest mistake. Either they knowingly did this or they are the biggest idiots in northern Texas. 

1 minute ago, Trump2020 said:

It shouldn't be a surprise with this comment. I guess it's the time we live in. But it's almost comical how many look to blame others for someone else breaking the rules.  

Nice quote from you. If everyone in state state got ruled ineligible because of moving for athletic purposes there would thousands. Witch hunt is a phrase I like. Change your name if you don’t.

• Confused 1
  • Stinks 1

24 minutes ago, Etexfan10 said:

Nice quote from you. If everyone in state state got ruled ineligible because of moving for athletic purposes there would thousands. Witch hunt is a phrase I like. Change your name if you don’t.

Care to put that in English that actually makes sense please?

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

That Briles cat can coach. Will still win enough with what he has. 

Mt Vernon went 2-3 rounds deep the past couple of years. So the well was not dry. And they can still make a NICE run in the playoffs if not get to the Ship. It’s sad that he did those Colorado boys dirty to increase his star. 

The kids got shafted by adualts who should have known better.

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I understand. I'm just saying that the pity party for MV has gone on and on. It's their own fault. I feel bad for the kids. They're 2 talented individuals, and they were misled by everyone that allowed this to happen. 

I’m trying to figure out why everyone feels sorry for the kids. They knew they moved there for athletic reasons. They are as much responsible as anyone. 

Just now, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I’m trying to figure out why everyone feels sorry for the kids. They knew they moved there for athletic reasons. They are as much responsible as anyone. 

They'll ultimately pay the price as well, but I mean... the parents should be the parents. It shouldn't have even been allowed to begin with.