Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

14 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I’m trying to figure out why everyone feels sorry for the kids. They knew they moved there for athletic reasons. They are as much responsible as anyone. 

I could fill up a hand with The number of move/transfer for athletic reasons in this district. 

I watched the entire proceeding.  Man I hate the family had to air so much personal stuff as part of this whole process.  About the kids and themselves.  But after listening I can’t help but think that Mom was the one behind the move.  She was the lead spokesmen today and Dad really didn’t speak at all.  I wonder if they were ever really on the same page?   There were a lot of details that were overlooked or not well thought out.  Maybe there were some marital problems at play all along?  Also, the heck with hiring Lynx!  Briles should have hired dad and this whole thing would have never happened.  I didn’t realize he was a coach until today.  Tough day for that family.  And unfortunately today isn’t the end.  It’s just the beginning.

26 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I watched the entire proceeding.  Man I hate the family had to air so much personal stuff as part of this whole process.  About the kids and themselves.  But after listening I can’t help but think that Mom was the one behind the move.  She was the lead spokesmen today and Dad really didn’t speak at all.  I wonder if they were ever really on the same page?   There were a lot of details that were overlooked or not well thought out.  Maybe there were some marital problems at play all along?  Also, the heck with hiring Lynx!  Briles should have hired dad and this whole thing would have never happened.  I didn’t realize he was a coach until today.  Tough day for that family.  And unfortunately today isn’t the end.  It’s just the beginning.

Was very tough to watch it and hear those things. You could be right. The only thing i took issue with was them saying they had no contact with Hawthorne. I personally think theres no way you could be related somewhat to a guy and then just so happen show up at the same school he goes to without any correspondence prior

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Was very tough to watch it and hear those things. You could be right. The only thing i took issue with was them saying they had no contact with Hawthorne. I personally think theres no way you could be related somewhat to a guy and then just so happen show up at the same school he goes to without any correspondence prior

Agree.  Mom side stepped the question but everyone knows that’s the connection to the family.  I took your suggestion and jumped over to read the comments on the MV Optics Herald FB page.  Sounds like the family may have alienated the old community in CO as part of this process.  I’m betting these boys will transfer before Christmas so they can play baseball in the spring.  Any high quality private schools over near MV that are not under UIL authority on transfers?

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Agree.  Mom side stepped the question but everyone knows that’s the connection to the family.  I took your suggestion and jumped over to read the comments on the MV Optics Herald FB page.  Sounds like the family may have alienated the old community in CO as part of this process.  I’m betting these boys will transfer before Christmas so they can play baseball in the spring.  Any high quality private schools over near MV that are not under UIL authority on transfers?

Tyler...

Grace community can play

To me, the connection to Hawthorne is what made the difference. 

Like the lawyer says, how is it different than a family choosing to live in Allen, Lake Travis, etc. If you're looking to up and move your family you can chose anywhere you want and are going to look at school districts scores, athletics, etc. But the direct link to Hawthorne and the fact he was illegally coaching takes it to a whole different level in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

To me, the connection to Hawthorne is what made the difference. 

Like the lawyer says, how is it different than a family choosing to live in Allen, Lake Travis, etc. If you're looking to up and move your family you can chose anywhere you want and are going to look at school districts scores, athletics, etc. But the direct link to Hawthorne and the fact he was illegally coaching takes it to a whole different level in my opinion. 

Hawthorne is the smoking gun IMO...remember the other 2 transfers were ruled eligible..

But also keep in mind people moving to Allen, Aledo, Duncanville, Lake Travis etc rarely move in senior year...mostly its early in HS...so they sit a year regardless...thats how you game the system...bring em in early establish residency then you are good to go

• Like 2