Matt Stepp confirmed DEC Meeting (District 7-3A D1) on Mount Vernon...

Smoaky

I get the scrutiny. However, if you are the head coach of a program and you have a student move in from out of town, and he is a heck of an athlete, and he is cleared to play by your counterparts in your district, and he can help your team, are you supposed to not play them?? Honest question, not being a smarta$$

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm saying that you're moving from a booming metropolis to a dwindling town on I-30 for a job? Common sense!

The reality is kids are moving every year in the Metroplex. I bet Allen and South Lake do not get this much scrutiny. Because it is small town East Texas with an ex college coach...creates a bigger spotlight on Mount Vernon.

• Like 1

Just now, Airitout1 said:

All we will see on ESPN tomorrow is how Briles was found cheating. Don’t think the guy will ever get a fair shot. And before it’s said about whether or not he deserves one, you don’t pay someone $15.1m if he is guilty and trashed the reputation of your Christian school.

Well Ken star said he was clean, so there's that. 

1 minute ago, swaha said:

The reality is kids are moving every year in the Metroplex. I bet Allen and South Lake do not get this much scrutiny. Because it is small town East Texas with an ex college coach...creates a bigger spotlight on Mount Vernon.

RV parks aren’t the “going thing” in Allen and SL. 

2 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

I get the scrutiny. However, if you are the head coach of a program and you have a student move in from out of town, and he is a heck of an athlete, and he is cleared to play by your counterparts in your district, and he can help your team, are you supposed to not play them?? Honest question, not being a smarta$$

Good point.....BUT why are they ruled ineligible? After they were cleared the first time.....surely there is something that NO ONE is talking about ? 

1 minute ago, Dawg665 said:

RV parks aren’t the “going thing” in Allen and SL. 

Heck, you made me Google trailer parks in Allen, Texas....not one that I can find. The closet one is in Plano. Transfer in to Allen is going to be expensive!

1 hour ago, Dawg665 said:

From what I’ve heard new information was introduced. I mean you can’t keep pursuing it if nothing has changed I wouldn’t believe. Like I said before,  it’s just ashame for the real kids of MV to have to go through this roller coaster ride. 

It all started from the very beginning.....football > town + popularity > town

• LOL! 1

53 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I honestly believe it has everything to do with coach briles, people still fuming that he is coaching again and will do everything they can to bring him down. 

15 supt in 20 years there.....lets not act surprised

40 minutes ago, swaha said:

And here you are acting surprised that MV is getting attention 😂😂😂😂😂 popularity contest doesnt look too good now oooopssss

26 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Oh my

Should have chose my words more carefully. “Fair shot” implies I think he 100 percent deserves one. I think that no matter where he goes, any issues at all (his fault or not) will be blown up to massive proportion.

4 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

Should have chose my words more carefully. “Fair shot” implies I think he 100 percent deserves one. I think that no matter where he goes, any issues at all (his fault or not) will be blown up to massive proportion.

I mean, he is a walking target. Has been everywhere he's gone. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man this has became a circus, they need to just let them kids play and be done with it, I just don’t know how u clear them then go back on it 

“READ” guru “READ” 

new info surfaced and EVERYONE VOTED this time