AND HERE'S THE PROBLEM WITH OUR "MEDIA"

blesseddaily

Here's a story that popped up in my news feed today and is absolutely disgusting. Whether you are a fan of Coach Briles or not this type of garbage should be dealt with severely...publishing this garbage before proof is in is slander and this moron as well as his employer should be sued...of course he is just mimicking the "talking heads" on CNN, MSNBC ect ect who attack the president and just about any conservative/Christian politician. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/art-briles-is-already-being-accused-of-cheating-at-texas-high-school-because-of-course-he-is/ar-AAHua3j?ocid=spartanntp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is it in the article that is incorrect? A DEC meeting having been called suggests one of the other schools in the district is indeed is accusing Mount Vernon of something.

The writer didn't say they were cheating. That's yet to be determined.

My guess is that these players moved there based on the reputation of Briles.

I don't think that is illegal per se. Gilmer had a UIL hearing after a DEC accusation like this 13 years ago and won. Mount Vernon probably will, too.

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, 36gut said:

What is it in the article that is incorrect? A DEC meeting having been called suggests one of the other schools in the district is indeed is accusing Mount Vernon of something.

I don't think that is illegal per se. Gilmer had a UIL hearing after a DEC accusation like this 13 years ago and won. Mount Vernon probably will, too.

The writer did say he was cheating without actually saying he is cheating. He didn't just report the facts that there was a DEC meeting.  He calls the transfers "Briles' ringers" which is clearly meant to call them cheaters who moved to Mt Vernon for football.  The headline was a snarky jab as was the by-line under it.  It's not the worst thing ever written, but don't act like it's just an innocent fact piece.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

The writer did say he was cheating without actually saying he is cheating. He didn't just report the facts that there was a DEC meeting.  He calls the transfers "Briles' ringers" which is clearly meant to call them cheaters who moved to Mt Vernon for football.  The headline was a snarky jab as was the by-line under it.  It's not the worst thing ever written, but don't act like it's just an innocent fact piece.

I’m honestly surprised it took someone 24 hours to print a piece like this given the situation and history there.

As bad as the article is, and as wrong as this may be, this is the exact reason nobody hired him to begin with. This sort of publicity is going to follow him, probably for the rest of his career. This won't be the last we hear of it, I can assure you.

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, 36gut said:

The writer implied that he was cheating because of his past.  As you stated that has not been determined, but the article already assumes guilt.  That is a huge problem with the news media on all fronts.  In my opinion which is based on how the news used to be represented only the facts of the story were brought in about the current situation.  There was no need to bring up Coach Briles past, except to imply guilt and sway readers.  

15 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

The writer implied that he was cheating because of his past.  As you stated that has not been determined, but the article already assumes guilt.  That is a huge problem with the news media on all fronts.  In my opinion which is based on how the news used to be represented only the facts of the story were brought in about the current situation.  There was no need to bring up Coach Briles past, except to imply guilt and sway readers.  

Not only does it imply that Briles and MV are cheating, it implies that the entire Texas high school football establishment is corrupt and full of win-at-all-costs coaches. In my 40+ years of being associated with the sport, I’ve only met one such coach. I’m not saying Briles is squeaky clean, I’ll leave that up to people who are more concerned with MV than me. But it boils my onions that this twit used his keyboard to throw something as great as high school football under the bus. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Not only does it imply that Briles and MV are cheating, it implies that the entire Texas high school football establishment is corrupt and full of win-at-all-costs coaches. In my 40+ years of being associated with the sport, I’ve only met one such coach. I’m not saying Briles is squeaky clean, I’ll leave that up to people who are more concerned with MV than me. But it boils my onions that this twit used his keyboard to throw something as great as high school football under the bus. 

Thank you!!!! I was  wondering when someone would bring up the fact that not only did this idiot convict Coach Briles of something he is innocent of  but he also labeled every hard working coach in the state of Texas...classifying them all as cheating, win at all costs jerks...garbage writers like this should be held accountable for the lies they perpetuate...but then CNN wouldn't have any employs left would they?

47 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Thank you!!!! I was  wondering when someone would bring up the fact that not only did this idiot convict Coach Briles of something he is innocent of  but he also labeled every hard working coach in the state of Texas...classifying them all as cheating, win at all costs jerks...garbage writers like this should be held accountable for the lies they perpetuate...but then CNN wouldn't have any employs left would they?

That's the way it was in College Sports back in the 1980's.  You should watch A Football Life : Eric Dickerson.  That Gold Trans Am he pulled up in at SMU wasn't paid for by SMU, but Texas A&M according to him and Ron Meyer.  Now, he doesn't say he was paid, but even he implied that he was in the video.  That is a good series to watch.  I know that its set on the NFL, but I highly suggest watching : Roger Staubach, Tom Landry, Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson, and I learned a lot last night watching the life of Joe Willy Namath.  I used to make fun of Joe for saying "Struggling" and "I want to kiss you", but I don't think I can again after watching that video.