Prayers for all down in the Extreme SE Texas region for relief from flooding

HulaKat

I woke up, and tried to go to work this morning.  I got to the second street above mine, and it had 2 feet of water.  I've lost a car to flooding before, and I said nope.  I had a knucklehead behind me that went wouldn't let me back up for a few minutes.  He started going through it and stalled.  I guess he was able to start back up, because I saw the water receding around 12:45-1 pm.  His truck wasn't there an hour later.  I does seem sort of like Harvey all over again.  It's just constant rain, and no winds to speak of.  I thought about driving to work, but didn't want to run the risk of not making it back home.  The stupid thing is they had school this morning, and now they're not bring them home on buses.  That makes me wonder if some idiot parents won't pick them up or arrange to have them picked up from school.  I know parts of Houston are hit bad again.  If some of the same places flood after they rebuilt with Harvey, I don't know why they'd stay.  Heck, I'm thinking about getting out of Dodge.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I woke up, and tried to go to work this morning.  I got to the second street above mine, and it had 2 feet of water.  I've lost a car to flooding before, and I said nope.  I had a knucklehead behind me that went wouldn't let me back up for a few minutes.  He started going through it and stalled.  I guess he was able to start back up, because I saw the water receding around 12:45-1 pm.  His truck wasn't there an hour later.  I does seem sort of like Harvey all over again.  It's just constant rain, and no winds to speak of.  I thought about driving to work, but didn't want to run the risk of not making it back home.  The stupid thing is they had school this morning, and now they're not bring them home on buses.  That makes me wonder if some idiot parents won't pick them up or arrange to have them picked up from school.  I know parts of Houston are hit bad again.  If some of the same places flood after they rebuilt with Harvey, I don't know why they'd stay.  Heck, I'm thinking about getting out of Dodge.  

The wind was in PA when we had those tornado warnings back-to-back-to-back. That was scary, this was unlike Harvey, and the lightning was definitely crazier. 

3 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Wasn't bad here in PA, just normal northside flooding, other towns it was bad, and Friday supposed to be more rain in those places. 

PNG cancelled schools tomorrow also.

My daughter and I are leaving again in the morning to head north. If we can get past Beaumont I think everything will be good. 

19 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I wouldn't pass thru Bmt if you out here, check the roads thru Orange County. 

That's been a pain in the rear to drive through for the past 10 years.  Are they ever going to finish with construction there ?  It's similar to Atlanta, GA where I can remember construction going on in 1983.  It's been a while since I drove through in 2009, but it still seems to be going on today from a friend of mine that lives there.  

As for the Houston area I'm already sick of it.  At least with Harvey when it was done raining it was done for a good two weeks.  This morning blue skies, 1 pm rain 3 pm sun and blue skies 4 pm until now at almost 7 pm..  Geeze just move on already.