Daingerfield vs Elysian Fields

tigernationfan

Who wins  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

This is unrelated to football, but I wanted to give a pat on the back to the EF community and all the surrounding communities that have donated to the go fund me account for the Williams Family.  Goal was $10K for the family and in 24 hrs. they are at a $9,230.  Great job folks!  I wanna give my condolences to the Williams Family.  I can't begin to imagine the pain you must feel and we are deeply sorry for your loss.  May GOD comfort you and keep you.  If anyone out there would like to donate, the link is www.gofundme.com/f/williams-family-memorial

GO JACKETS!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jefferson96Dawgs said:

If the D-field team shows up that should have beaten Gunter, then they roll. If that team shows up that lost to DeKalb, EF wins

Dekalb returned all but two or three starters from last yrs team, they should be pretty good with that many returning starters off of a decent team, so I'm not surprised Dekalb beat Daingerfield, I told y'all last week that game could be close. 

1 hour ago, BIGILL79 said:

This is unrelated to football, but I wanted to give a pat on the back to the EF community and all the surrounding communities that have donated to the go fund me account for the Williams Family.  Goal was $10K for the family and in 24 hrs. they are at a $9,230.  Great job folks!  I wanna give my condolences to the Williams Family.  I can't begin to imagine the pain you must feel and we are deeply sorry for your loss.  May GOD comfort you and keep you.  If anyone out there would like to donate, the link is www.gofundme.com/f/williams-family-memorial

GO JACKETS!

I also heard the father of that child is a high school football referee here in East Texas. God Bless that family!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jefferson96Dawgs said:

If the D-field team shows up that should have beaten Gunter, then they roll. If that team shows up that lost to DeKalb, EF wins

Seems like they may be more inspired when they play at home and very uninspired when they play on the road? Not knocking DeKalb. They lost to EF at EF last year when they were heavily favored. This year the game is at Daingerfield so they will probably be very inspired to play. Jackets should be ready!

19 minutes ago, 2017Patriot said:

Even though Daingerfield couldn't stop DeKalb, they still kept the game close even with having 4 turnovers. They won't turn the ball over 4 times again this weekend. Daingerfield wins by 14 and get back on track.

You never know in a game how many times a team will turn the ball over, you just hope its not alot lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGILL79 said:

GO JACKETS!

It’s great to see communities come together during a time of need.

Prayers for everyone that was affected by this tragedy. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 10:56 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Fixin’ to be Wednesday and had about 9-10 DF post. Food are scared. By gawd this is America, you should say what you want without fear. EF is certainly exercising that right. 

Agreed. On the farm you'll catch me plowing my own acres. Going around shirtless all day. You know...experiencing freedom.

3 hours ago, 2017Patriot said:

Even though Daingerfield couldn't stop DeKalb, they still kept the game close even with having 4 turnovers. They won't turn the ball over 4 times again this weekend. Daingerfield wins by 14 and get back on track.

If we keep the mistakes down we win. But we will be without our starting rb. 

30 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

What's wrong with him

Sprained ankle.  Also heard they were moving d Lewis to qb,and Jeter to rb. But then today I was told jeter has been taking all 1st team reps at QB all week,so who knows.we will find out Tomorrow night.and the transfer from Pitt won't be playing for two more games.im ready to see him at linebacker.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

This is why I don’t pay much attention to these scores. When you struggle with numbers you’re forced to pull from your sophomore class and sometimes even your freshmen class. We do well at the Varsity level but not so much on the JV level. 

Thats exactly why i said i'll leave it alone for now lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

They have all their good JV players playing up. They are all on varsity for depth. 

Tell you what tho, if i had a son being pulled up just for depth on varsity, me and the coach got problems, my boys experienced that when they was in Alto back in '09, they said dad if the coach ain't playing me on varsity, i wanna play jv and after talking to the coach, he put my boys back on jv, being on the sideline wasn't doing them no good, plus they wasn't ready for varsity anyway. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

That’s cause most fans are on the hill outside the gate behind the visitor stands. Seems 5 bucks is a touch much for some. 

A friend and I got to the JV game late and we parked on the hill where we could see the games and a old truck pulled up and you could tell he was not a pillar of the community but he had some good conversation seem to know a lot about Daingerfield. We waited a little while and another fellow walked up and opened the passenger side door and a bunch of trash fell out, the guy reminded me of Tickle on the moonshiners and he talked like he had a little moonshine also. They ask me if there was a place they could set in their truck and watch the game at Waskom. I said the view would not be as good as you have here. Don't know if they ever came or not but they left and we decided to go ahead and check out the game from the stands.

8 hours ago, Wild74 said:

A friend and I got to the JV game late and we parked on the hill where we could see the games and a old truck pulled up and you could tell he was not a pillar of the community but he had some good conversation seem to know a lot about Daingerfield. We waited a little while and another fellow walked up and opened the passenger side door and a bunch of trash fell out, the guy reminded me of Tickle on the moonshiners and he talked like he had a little moonshine also. They ask me if there was a place they could set in their truck and watch the game at Waskom. I said the view would not be as good as you have here. Don't know if they ever came or not but they left and we decided to go ahead and check out the game from the stands.

My guess would be you was talking to old @MuleSlicks !! 😂