The Smoakhouse Forums

Daingerfield vs Elysian Fields

Who wins  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

22 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

This is why I don’t pay much attention to these scores. When you struggle with numbers you’re forced to pull from your sophomore class and sometimes even your freshmen class. We do well at the Varsity level but not so much on the JV level. 

Thats exactly why i said i'll leave it alone for now lol

• Like 1
  • Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is unrelated to football, but I wanted to give a pat on the back to the EF community and all the surrounding communities that have donated to the go fund me account for the Williams Family.  Goal

You are right; I am his mother. Clearly I’m not trying to hide behind a screen name. I grew up in this community and graduated from EF. We moved our family back to EF by choice, and we proudly stand b

The topic of #4 playing offense has gotten blown way out of proportion. Fans want to see a show. They want the best on the field. They want the best chance to win. They didn’t say he had to play every

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

They have all their good JV players playing up. They are all on varsity for depth. 

Tell you what tho, if i had a son being pulled up just for depth on varsity, me and the coach got problems, my boys experienced that when they was in Alto back in '09, they said dad if the coach ain't playing me on varsity, i wanna play jv and after talking to the coach, he put my boys back on jv, being on the sideline wasn't doing them no good, plus they wasn't ready for varsity anyway. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, truebluetigerfan said:

Hey are more people showing up to Daingerfield games this year. I went to one game last year and u could have crammed everybody on Daingerfield’s side in a station wagon! 😂

That’s cause most fans are on the hill outside the gate behind the visitor stands. Seems 5 bucks is a touch much for some. 

8 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

That’s cause most fans are on the hill outside the gate behind the visitor stands. Seems 5 bucks is a touch much for some. 

A friend and I got to the JV game late and we parked on the hill where we could see the games and a old truck pulled up and you could tell he was not a pillar of the community but he had some good conversation seem to know a lot about Daingerfield. We waited a little while and another fellow walked up and opened the passenger side door and a bunch of trash fell out, the guy reminded me of Tickle on the moonshiners and he talked like he had a little moonshine also. They ask me if there was a place they could set in their truck and watch the game at Waskom. I said the view would not be as good as you have here. Don't know if they ever came or not but they left and we decided to go ahead and check out the game from the stands.

19 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

A friend and I got to the JV game late and we parked on the hill where we could see the games and a old truck pulled up and you could tell he was not a pillar of the community but he had some good conversation seem to know a lot about Daingerfield. We waited a little while and another fellow walked up and opened the passenger side door and a bunch of trash fell out, the guy reminded me of Tickle on the moonshiners and he talked like he had a little moonshine also. They ask me if there was a place they could set in their truck and watch the game at Waskom. I said the view would not be as good as you have here. Don't know if they ever came or not but they left and we decided to go ahead and check out the game from the stands.

It’s weird. Be got a burn ban in place but when you walk through the crowd or near the fence you could swear someone was burning some funny smelling leaves. 

8 hours ago, Wild74 said:

My guess would be you was talking to old @MuleSlicks !! 😂

17 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

This game should be a barn burner. They definitely got one thing in common. Opinionated fan bases. Lol. Good luck to your Catz tonight. 

👍, same to the brahmas 

17 hours ago, Fblife13 said:

Sprained ankle.  Also heard they were moving d Lewis to qb,and Jeter to rb. But then today I was told jeter has been taking all 1st team reps at QB all week,so who knows.we will find out Tomorrow night.and the transfer from Pitt won't be playing for two more games.im ready to see him at linebacker.

Allen @Linebacker is a beast, he plays RB as well. He's originally from Dfield, but transferred to Pitt for 1 year. When he does touch the field his presence will be felt by the opposition guaranteed. He should be on the field next week, but we'll see. Tonight  though let's shut up some of these loose lips and show em how it feels to enter this Blue Jungle. EF leave ya kids at home or bring Handkerchiefs so they don't reach that other level. The Tigers have a fan club on the visitors side and it's been said there's a smell lingereth on that side. Be on the Safe Side.

Go Blue🐅

39 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Allen @Linebacker is a beast, he plays RB as well. He's originally from Dfield, but transferred to Pitt for 1 year. When he does touch the field his presence will be felt by the opposition guaranteed. He should be on the field next week, but we'll see. Tonight  though let's shut up some of these loose lips and show em how it feels to enter this Blue Jungle. EF leave ya kids at home or bring Handkerchiefs so they don't reach that other level. The Tigers have a fan club on the visitors side and it's been said there's a smell lingereth on that side. Be on the Safe Side.

Go Blue🐅

That's what I'm talking about. Were about to let a lot of built up frustration loose tonight. Even without craver 

25 minutes ago, Fblife13 said:

That's what I'm talking about. Were about to let a lot of built up frustration loose tonight. Even without craver 

Craver hasn't been an impact at all this year but imo it isnt his fault. QB making bad reads and the oline just doesnt block well 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, EastTxFinest said:

Craver hasn't been an impact at all this year but imo it isnt his fault. QB making bad reads and the oline just doesnt block well 

Hit the nail right on the head. Sorry for Craver and I look forward to his return, but maybe this is all for the best. Lewis at QB and Jeter at RB will be okay. Upon Cravers return we can move Jeter to slot and leave QB the same. QB is a Soph, but he's well developed. Adding Jeter to our receiving Corps will prove hard to deal with for teams. JMO

8 minutes ago, KrookedWolfe said:

Hit the nail right on the head. Sorry for Craver and I look forward to his return, but maybe this is all for the best. Lewis at QB and Jeter at RB will be okay. Upon Cravers return we can move Jeter to slot and leave QB the same. QB is a Soph, but he's well developed. Adding Jeter to our receiving Corps will prove hard to deal with for teams. JMO

So D Lewis is at QB1 tonight? 

19 minutes ago, Stinger1 said:

Just saw the EF QB is in the top 3 in Rushing In East Texas with over 800 yards...

Got 2 defenders in the top 5 for tackles too!

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Was this change made because of injury to the RB or because of performace issue?

Because craver is out. They want jeter running the ball.but like I said earlier, jeter has been taking all 1st team snaps at qb this week so not sure if they are actually going to go with that plan.