Winnsboro @ Gladewater 9/27

chevyman

2 minutes ago, Opie1 said:

I think GW wins this but I don't think they are the team their ranking says they are. Not trying to stir things up but if everybody remembers this is kinda the way West Rusk was talked about last year.

You ain’t trying to stir things up but you just took pot shots at two schools in the same post.  😂

• LOL! 1

Not pot shots just an opinion which I thought that's what this is for. They are both good teams and can go a long ways but right now their not what I would call a special team. It won't be the 1st time I've been wrong and I have no problem being wrong. Again I think GW wins I was just talking high school football.

4 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

We will get to see how good Sabine is when y’all come to our house for homecoming. I’m looking forward to it! 

Im not saying anything about Sabine. I think any team in this district can beat any team at any given time. I just said WR was ranked up there the faltered and the same thing to this point has happened to GW but I also think either can go a long ways when a few kinks get worked out. The only good thing I will say about Sabine is you won't score 50 points nor run for 300 yrds but that's not why I brought it up I was making a comparison that had nothing to do with Sabine.

3 minutes ago, Opie1 said:

Im not saying anything about Sabine. I think any team in this district can beat any team at any given time. I just said WR was ranked up there the faltered and the same thing to this point has happened to GW but I also think either can go a long ways when a few kinks get worked out. The only good thing I will say about Sabine is you won't score 50 points nor run for 300 yrds but that's not why I brought it up I was making a comparison that had nothing to do with Sabine.

Easy to say a team isn’t what it’s talked up to be when your team has played Carlisle, Shelbyville, Harleton and Elkhart lmao. Now that’s funny. Hold that 300 yard thought until you guys come to GW

• Like 1

I think last year was a different situation. West Rusk was moving up from division 2. They may have been ranked a little to high to begin with but they were also a really good football team. Gladewater was a young team last year that returned a lot of players so I can see why they were ranked so high. A couple injuries and a tough schedule has resulted in a couple loses for them. They are still the best team in district right now.  

6 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Why not? I’m not saying we are going to beat y’all I just think it’s going to be a good battle between two good teams. 

You know me i gotta downplay things. It may turn out to be a good game. I bet more points are scored this year by both teams. 

5 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I think last year was a different situation. West Rusk was moving up from division 2. They may have been ranked a little to high to begin with but they were also a really good football team. Gladewater was a young team last year that returned a lot of players so I can see why they were ranked so high. A couple injuries and a tough schedule has resulted in a couple loses for them. They are still the best team in district right now.  

I think their best team in district as well. I've said their good but they gotta get some kinks worked out. People are to sensitive on here when you don't agree or have a different opinion. This is why I've never got on these boards, 

2 minutes ago, Opie1 said:

I think their best team in district as well. I've said their good but they gotta get some kinks worked out. People are to sensitive on here when you don't agree or have a different opinion. This is why I've never got on these boards, 

You came into the thread and said you weren’t throwing shots but then threw shots at west rusk and gladewater 🤣🤣🤣 if anyone is being soft it’s you. It’s a forum, if you’re going to give your opinion be ready for someone else to give theirs.

13 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Easy to say a team isn’t what it’s talked up to be when your team has played Carlisle, Shelbyville, Harleton and Elkhart lmao. Now that’s funny. Hold that 300 yard thought until you guys come to GW

Your right,we ain't played anybody. You can run for 500 yrds but it won't change my opinion.

37 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

I do think when it’s all said and done though whoever the 4 teams may be and whatever order.... we will give some teams fits in the playoffs as a whole. 

District 7 top 4 looks pretty solid 😳 should be some good battles round 1 and there are gonna be a few teams going home waaayyy too early 

37 minutes ago, Opie1 said:

It's all good. I really was not trying to come across like a butt. Yall have a good season and I wish you all the luck.

You guys have a good team. I’ve said since day 1 you were a playoff team. With that said if GW played your schedule the first 4 games we would be 4-0 also and Carter would probably have 1000 yards. With that said we are battle tested and the boys will know that no matter who we play from here on out that they’ve already been there. 

1 hour ago, Opie1 said:

They just giving their opinion of your opinion. My opinion is if Gladewater and Tatum had played the rest of the districts preseason, they would more than likely be undefeated. Matter of fact playing some of the schools our district has  played is just to pad the record. Cause it definitely doesn’t make you better. But it will work itself out in next 6 weeks. 

Coaches have their reasonings for scheduling the teams they schedule. Whatever that may be none of us really know. I’m sure when schedules were made last time Gladewater, Tatum, and West Rusk had their eyes on deep playoff runs so of course they are going to schedule tougher pre district opponents. I wish Sabine played a tougher schedule but this year the teams they have played really aren’t that bad. I personally don’t believe Coach Sharp was trying to pad the record any but trying to build some confidence in a program that historically has been bad. I cant comment on any of the other teams in our district.

56 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Coaches have their reasonings for scheduling the teams they schedule. Whatever that may be none of us really know. I’m sure when schedules were made last time Gladewater, Tatum, and West Rusk had their eyes on deep playoff runs so of course they are going to schedule tougher pre district opponents. I wish Sabine played a tougher schedule but this year the teams they have played really aren’t that bad. I personally don’t believe Coach Sharp was trying to pad the record any but trying to build some confidence in a program that historically has been bad. I cant comment on any of the other teams in our district.

We scheduled ours that way so we could go 2-2 and let the kids realize they aren’t as good as they thought 😂