The Smoakhouse Forums

**Week 5 district opener: West Rusk Raiders @ Mineola Yellow Jackets **

West Rusk vs Mineola   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins??

Because they are going against good competition for the rest of the year. WR should handle them easily. Gladewater and Sabine will be to tuff also. Tatum it depends on with team shows up. But still think they win. That leaves Winny and WO. Winny I predict will win. WO not sure they will. Just my prediction after looking at the preseason games. Gladewater , WR, Tatum played tuff preseason schedules. Sabine and Winny not so tuff but won their games like you should if your a good team. WO just had had trouble all year. Not sure if they are rebuilding or what. Mineola  has play a weak preseason, lost to two bad teams. Won against a 2A team that not as strong this year as they have been. Then won against a very weak winless 4A team. Just how I see it playing out. Just a opinion, like they say everyone has one.

9 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

WR by whatever they want

We can’t overlook anyone in this district. Have to prepare every week like they are playing the best team in the state. 

14 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

We can’t overlook anyone in this district. Have to prepare every week like they are playing the best team in the state. 

I don't think you guys will have a problem at all with them. I do know what you mean though. But I really don't see Minny doing anything against you guys. Now the other 3/4 teams, I wouldn't be saying that at all.  I'm gonna leave WO out of this, that's just a sore subject right now. Lol. 😂😂😂

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Is Snead still playing? Haven't heard to much about him since they scrimmaged us. 

Last I heard he was dealing with an injury. I’m not sure if he will be back for this game or not. 

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, Bclove05 said:

@Nick2011 What’s up with the defense? Y’all been giving up some points. Good thing the offense is putting up some points. I don’t think y’all have any problems this game. 

From what I could tell, against Harmony I saw 4 freshman on defense for a lot of the game.

1 hour ago, touchdownlsu said:

From what I could tell, against Harmony I saw 4 freshman on defense for a lot of the game.

That’s correct. There are 5 freshman that play regularly and a few of them start. 

Sooo would we say this will be West Rusks first big test, or is Mineola about par with the teams WR has been playing? Asking because I keep looking at schedules, and though they don't really matter you can get a basic feeling or how good a team is... except I can't lol. 

1 minute ago, Jefferson96Dawgs said:

West Rusk continues to roll. I'm kinda confused on Mineola.  Their QB and RB were underclassmen and they looked pretty good last yr. Thought they'd make a tun at that 4th spot again 

I think they are dealing with some injuries at key positions. 

4 hours ago, Jefferson96Dawgs said:

West Rusk continues to roll. I'm kinda confused on Mineola.  Their QB and RB were underclassmen and they looked pretty good last yr. Thought they'd make a run at that 4th spot again 

QB graduated last year. He made there offense good. Snead has been dealing with an ankle injury from what I understand. 

2 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

QB graduated last year. He made there offense good. Snead has been dealing with an ankle injury from what I understand. 

Don't they have a QB that moved in over the summer?