Hughes Springs @ Mt. Vernon wk 5

Jeepster89

Mv vs HS  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• MV
    • HS

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/27/2019 at 06:00 PM

I honestly feel like from a coaching and athletic aspect, MV has the upper hand. HS has their style of play going for them, but that didn't work out so well for Winny last week. HS' best bet is to play keep away, and keep their turnovers to a minimum. I'm just not sure they will hold off MV.

On 9/21/2019 at 8:25 AM, EastTxFinest said:

If they lose to MV which I'm I'm not sure they will. I'm not sold on MV quite yet. They haven't beat any top caliber teams. I'd say they go in evenly matched

You can say the same thing about HS. They haven't beat any top caliber teams either. 

24 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Say they win it all or go several rounds deep, would it still feel the same. Not talking about 185lb left guard coming in but the most important position in football. Not a homegrown kid. These kids have been slot t since they started. The transition to Briles spread offense seems to have been seamless. Not knocking coach, glad he got a second chance. Not knocking the move ins. Where else you going to get college coaching and ties to big time programs and names? Not even knocking MV. Thought it took a set to do what they did. I’m just asking will it taste the same as if it were hometown boys that got the job done. Yes yes I know there’s 22 starters. All but 18 or hometown boys. But those other 4 are pretty important to that offense. 

I dont think it took any less shine off Gilmer winning it all in 2014 with Blake Lynch from Troup. Without him they definitely wouldn't have won it. Of course,  message board posters will squawk about it but the town and players with the rings could care less. Btw, i dont think they have a chance to win it all this year. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

I dont think it took any less shine off Gilmer winning it all in 2014 with Blake Lynch from Troup. Without him they definitely wouldn't have won it. Of course,  message board posters will squawk about it but the town and players with the rings could care less. Btw, i dont think they have a chance to win it all this year. 

Well, they still haven't added "2014" to the sign when you enter Gilmer lol. 

17 hours ago, eagle34 said:

I new when there coach left what was in there cards after that they became a average team.