Week 5: Alto Yellowjackets (4-0) @ Corrigan-Camden Bulldogs (3-1) - 9/27/2019

StingEmALTO

Alto (4-0) @ Corrigan-Camden (3-1)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Corrigan-Camden

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

31 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Is anyone in altos way from here on out to keep them from going 10-0 in regular season? I need to check their schedule. A confident Alto is scary. I’d like to see them and SA square off. I think SA would have its hands full

Carlisle will be a good game, always is

1 minute ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

So Carlisle is the last hope of derailing the 10-0 train? I’d hate to be In the way of that train 

Well we still have the tough games against Cushing, Union Grove, Hawkins, and Big Sandy. Never know what could happen, play one game at a time.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Is anyone in altos way from here on out to keep them from going 10-0 in regular season? I need to check their schedule. A confident Alto is scary. I’d like to see them and SA square off. I think SA would have its hands full

To be honest and not to really overlook anyone because anyone can be beat if not focused, but I’d have to say the likelihood of being able to go a perfect 10-0 is pretty high provided Alto wins their next two

3 hours ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Our district schedule:

W7 - @ BIG SANDY  
W8 - PRICE CARLISLE  
W9 - @ CUSHING  
W10 - HAWKINS  
W11 - UNION GROVE  

Since 2015, Alto and Carlisle have alternated each year (2015 Alto, 2016 Carlisle, 2017 Alto, 2018 Carlisle). SOOOOO.....I guess it’s our turn! 🤣 And we’re not overlooking Big Sandy to get to Carlisle either. That’ll bite you! One week at a time. This team has a goal and is not overlooking anyone. 

• Like 1

Since I’m a fan and not a player and I don’t have to take it one game at a time.....I’ll just say what the fans really think....only team that’s beating alto in district is alto...alto plays there game even with couple turnovers cause I think they just like giving hope to the other team...guess it just a norm 2-3 turnovers..no turnovers alto will put up 50....that’s in district after that I’m not gonna be as confident ....lol 🤷🏼‍♂️Sorry not sorry

Alto Yellowjackets sting Corrigan-Camden Bulldogs 40-15

• Updated 

CORRIGAN — Following their first loss of the season, the Corrigan-Camden Bulldogs entered Friday night’s contest looking for retribution. Instead they found a buzzsaw in the form of the Yellowjackets as Alto rolled to a 40-15 win in non-district action Friday night.

Harmon West got the Yellowjackets on the board in the first two minutes of the game as he scored on a 1-yard run before Julio Serrano’s extra point made the score 7-0.

The Bulldogs bounced back with 7:44 left in the second quarter when Dohn Freeman broke loose for a 34-yard touchdown run. However, the extra point failed, leaving the score at 7-6.

Alto took advantage by making it a two-score game when West hit Skylar Atkins for a 33-yard touchdown pass before Atkins also scored on a 2-point conversion, making it 15-6.

Alto added to its lead near the end of the second quarter with West hitting Marlon Warren for a touchdown pass. The two-point try was unsuccessful, leaving the score at 21-6 at halftime.

Corrigan-Camden pulled closer with 4:41 left in the third quarter when Flores made a 33-yard field goal that made the score 21-9.

Alto got some more breathing room when West hit Todd Duplichain for a 4-yard score that made it 27-9 after Corrigan-Camden blocked the extra point.

Corrigan-Camden had one last gasp with Freeman exploding for a 48-yard touchdown with 10:07 left in the fourth quarter. Even with a blocked extra point, Alto trailed 27-15 with time to spare.

However, the Yellowjackets finally put the Bulldogs away with a pair of late touchdowns.

Atkins got Alto back on the board with a 16-yard touchdown run that made it 33-15.

Cody Watson then brought an end to the scoring in the final two minutes as his 3-yard touchdown run, followed by Serrano’s extra point, made the final 40-15.

The Bulldogs (3-2) have a bye next week before playing at New Waverly on Oct. 11. Alto (5-0) also has a bye on Friday before traveling to Big Sandy on Oct. 11.

http://lufkindailynews.com/sports/high_school/article_04f7eab4-d3b0-5696-a527-b6a6ae295e43.html

C6DA0957-28D3-4253-ABB5-F5DA8B5668D2.jpeg

On 9/28/2019 at 9:40 AM, EdgarAllenPwn said:

So Carlisle is the last hope of derailing the 10-0 train? I’d hate to be In the way of that train 

The odds of alto going perfect in the reg season is most likely.hell im a betting man and id lay money on it.But I said earlier in the off season that Carlisle would hurt some feelings this year and probably knock a good team out the playoffs,i still stand by that because we’re getting better as we go and thats what we do..should be a fine game to watch either way 

• Like 2