Week 5: Alto Yellowjackets (4-0) @ Corrigan-Camden Bulldogs (3-1) - 9/27/2019

StingEmALTO

Alto (4-0) @ Corrigan-Camden (3-1)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Corrigan-Camden

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

7 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I’ll try my best to keep quiet.....😂😂 

and our jv is very good! We have 2 freshman running backs that could play on varsity as well...  we have 3 on varsity as it is.. 

I know the CC 8th grade was tough last year! Our JV is sitting at 3-0 (our game with Garrison was cancelled 😩) so I’ll be interested to see how this matchup goes. I have a freshman son on our team!

15 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I know the CC 8th grade was tough last year! Our JV is sitting at 3-0 (our game with Garrison was cancelled 😩) so I’ll be interested to see how this matchup goes. I have a freshman son on our team!

Yes sir that’s them! They went undefeated last year and even beat newton.. they are very good.. 

its gonna be a good one for sure!! 

Eager to see how this one shakes out. This is the stretch we were in when we started 3-0 last season and dropped 3 of our next 4. We’ve got one of those back this season thus far and I hope we can keep it going. Will be a ton of banging at the line of scrimmage with the offense CC runs. LBs will also have to continue to play fast to the edges in this one like they’ve done all season. I’d like to see another shut out, but that will be a tough task this week. Jackets 36-13

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 7:20 AM, jorr2car said:

I was one of the few who picked ALTO to win their district. The way they are playing (I'm sure it is all players because when you win it is NEVER coaching 😂) they are one of the top teams in the State. A lot of football left in the season, but Alto should roll in this one.

Good luck to both schools and stay healthy

Congratulated Meeks last Friday night and he said “I didn’t do a thing”😂😂😂. Didn’t want the credit and gave all the praise to his boys. But he and the whole staff have really done an excellent job at getting our boys prepared. Starting with the off season program and week in and week out for their opponents. Defensively, you can tell the unit as a whole is disciplined and know their responsibilities very well.  Offensively, every week I see something new on offense that I didn’t know we did and that’s really exciting. We aren’t predictable.  Sting Em is right, there’s an old familiar buzz (if you will) around here right now and it feels good. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Congratulated Meeks last Friday night and he said “I didn’t do a thing”😂😂😂. Didn’t want the credit and gave all the praise to his boys. But he and the whole staff have really done an excellent job at getting our boys prepared. Starting with the off season program and week in and week out for their opponents. Defensively, you can tell the unit as a whole is disciplined and know their responsibilities very well.  Offensively, every week I see something new on offense that I didn’t know we did and that’s really exciting. We aren’t predictable.  Sting Em is right, there’s an old familiar buzz (if you will) around here right now and it feels good. 

Agreed, after game one I was a little concerned with some of the young guys. I’ve seen a lot of growth from those guys in the last three weeks, and I believe it is due to coaching. We have a long way to go, but the future is definitely looking up. This game will be a tough fight, but I believe it will be another stepping stone on our way to our goal of winning a district title and the playoffs.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Yes sir!!!!! All of the above 100%+++!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

There will be some sore sore boys come next Saturday morning...

this will be a very physical football game! 

Agreed. I expect a very physical matchup between these two teams.

Question: Where is the best place for Alto fans to park? And which end do the Alto boys enter the field? Been awhile since we have played there on a Friday night!

9 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Agreed. I expect a very physical matchup between these two teams.

Question: Where is the best place for Alto fans to park? And which end do the Alto boys enter the field? Been awhile since we have played there on a Friday night!

When you come down the school road take the road to the left that goes by the softball and baseball field , follow the road to the practice field and park there! 

Alto will walk down the hill on the south end of the field! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Juiced07 said:

Would sure like to make this game.  Be out of town though. Got a lot of old memories at Bulldog Stadium. Lotta foggy nights. 

Goin with Alto 🤘🏼

We’ve had some good games there over the years, including a couple of playoff games we won! Much bigger than it used to be when the visitors were on the other side. Nice place! 

Safe travels!

1 hour ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Y’all got a dog on good defensive coordinator and Meeks is one of the best offensive minded coaches I’ve ever seen.  

pulling for Alto all year! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, ETxFB299 said:

Y’all got a dog on good defensive coordinator and Meeks is one of the best offensive minded coaches I’ve ever seen.  

pulling for Alto all year! 

I don’t think I’ve seen our DC smile as much in the last year as he has in the last 2 games! Lol Great defensive mind and the boys are responding. It’s a mindset. 

And as far as the offense, we are shaking things up and our arsenal is growing. More diverse than in the past and the longer the kids are are in the system the better it’s going to get in my opinion.

Thanks for the support! We believe we will get better and better. The team and coaches are grinding!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

I don’t think I’ve seen our DC smile as much in the last year as he has in the last 2 games! Lol Great defensive mind and the boys are responding. It’s a mindset. 

And as far as the offense, we are shaking things up and our arsenal is growing. More diverse than in the past and the longer the kids are are in the system the better it’s going to get in my opinion.

Thanks for the support! We believe we will get better and better. The team and coaches are grinding!

Your right about it being a mindset, something we haven’t had in the past several years. You can’t teach or coach that, it’s learned in battle, and with success. It’s also contagious, the younger guys will feed off of it, and learn to play the same way.

• Like 1

Be an interesting match up. Don’t think either team has played against another team similar to what they are about to see. 

Can the Alto D continue to be effective knowing that Corrigan is about to line up and come right at them for 48 minutes? 

Can the Corrigan D hold up to being tested by good football players and athletes in both the run game and pass game?