Newton @ Gilmer

Purpleforever

Newton@Gilmer who you got  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

30 minutes ago, JETT said:

I'm surprised that poll is still up and they haven't done any renovations to that stadium, especially all the success they have had, they deserve better over there, Just my honest opinion 

Ya with the program we have you would think we would have a nice turf field but we just keep it oldschool with the pole right on the 50 haha man that has been there since i was little was the home side at one time 

1 minute ago, Newton2003 said:

Ya with the program we have you would think we would have a nice turf field but we just keep it oldschool with the pole right on the 50 haha man that has been there since i was little was the home side at one time 

If it ain't broke don't fix it, new turf and stadium would be nice with W.T in remembrance somewhere engraved or statued 

4 minutes ago, Newton2003 said:

Honestly I wouldn’t take it down, it’s not ur job to make the visiting team comfortable 

1 hour ago, JETT said:

I'm surprised that poll is still up and they haven't done any renovations to that stadium, especially all the success they have had, they deserve better over there, Just my honest opinion 

Home side is upgraded, no pole in the way. We're not worried about the visitor side...lol

I'm fairly certain the Eagles coaching staff will make sure their players are ready for a battle with Gilmer this week.  Quite frankly......IMO Gilmer should be able to hang with Newton and possibly take the lead in this game sometime in the 2nd half.  I guess if Gilmer wins it MIGHT be considered an upset by most prognosticators.......but I'm not so sure.  I just don't see Newton being able to put away Gilmer in this game until the final whistle blows.  I think I'm gonna pick Gilmer in this one......even though I've been picking Newton in every game so far.  It's hard to not pick Newton.......but this week I'm going with the Buckeyes to end the streak.

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

I'm fairly certain the Eagles coaching staff will make sure their players are ready for a battle with Gilmer this week.  Quite frankly......IMO Gilmer should be able to hang with Newton and possibly take the lead in this game sometime in the 2nd half.  I guess if Gilmer wins it MIGHT be considered an upset by most prognosticators.......but I'm not so sure.  I just don't see Newton being able to put away Gilmer in this game until the final whistle blows.  I think I'm gonna pick Gilmer in this one......even though I've been picking Newton in every game so far.  It's hard to not pick Newton.......but this week I'm going with the Buckeyes to end the streak.

you bipolar?   

man you are having a severe identity crisis.  

pick a side!!  

• LOL! 1

I was at the Carthage game friday and let me just tell yall that Carthage was not Carthage on Friday yall got lucky and got to hang around there was dropped passes in the endzone and an interception on the 5 were yalls guy just threw the receiver out the way lol and no flag yall didnt play with them they kept yall in the game big difference 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Newton2003 said:

I was at the Carthage game friday and let me just tell yall that Carthage was not Carthage on Friday yall got lucky and got to hang around there was dropped passes in the endzone and an interception on the 5 were yalls guy just threw the receiver out the way lol and no flag yall didnt play with them they kept yall in the game big difference 

Hey we gonna see come Friday. I can see it already man we got cheated,we gave the game away y’all didn’t win we lost lol 

45 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hey we gonna see come Friday. I can see it already man we got cheated,we gave the game away y’all didn’t win we lost lol 

Nope we lose we lose thats all it is and yes i do think we can be beat but dont think you got what it takes thats all

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

No excuses, if you can beat us that’s fine but Carthage should have 40 more points on y’all. Wasn’t the Carthage that I seen at state last year. JS

35 minutes ago, Robhollow84 said:

No excuses, if you can beat us that’s fine but Carthage should have 40 more points on y’all. Wasn’t the Carthage that I seen at state last year. JS

Man we must have been at a different State Game last year. I dont remember Carthage being there....Oh wait they weren't Liberty Hill beat them to play La Vega LOL...You are probably referring to 2017 I would hope...Just messing with yoi, but a true statement.

12 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Gilmer can’t play dead, but they are going to be a better opponent then West Orange Stark? 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JETT said:

If it ain't broke don't fix it, new turf and stadium would be nice with W.T in remembrance somewhere engraved or statued 

Newton ain’t about all that fancy ####. WOS just got turf this year. We ain’t worried about the pole on the visitors side either. Lol. 

49 minutes ago, Maineman1988 said:

Why would anyone besides us homers pick Gilmer to win? Please explain. 

Upsets happen all the time. Usually when a team overlooks an opponent.

Gilmer could hang with Paris and Carthage so you really think they can't beat Newton that a class lower? Newton is the favorite but it won't be 63-0

25 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Upsets happen all the time. Usually when a team overlooks an opponent.

Gilmer could hang with Paris and Carthage so you really think they can't beat Newton that a class lower? Newton is the favorite but it won't be 63-0

Yes I think we will compete with them but I’m a homer.

Paris game  we didn’t play well 1st half. Carthage game Carthage didn’t play well I mean I want us to win for sure but I try not to have blinders in either 

7 minutes ago, Maineman1988 said:

Yes I think we will compete with them but I’m a homer.

Paris game  we didn’t play well 1st half. Carthage game Carthage didn’t play well I mean I want us to win for sure but I try not to have blinders in either 

I understand that but your team has proven it has improved from last year. At home and anything can happen. Newton isn't as strong as last year but they are still a elite contender in 3A. 

La Vega wasn't undefeated last year. Neither was PG.