Newton @ Gilmer

Purpleforever

Newton@Gilmer who you got  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

This could possibly be the best defense Gilmer has ever fielded (kudos to Barr & Co.), and they've been carrying the offensive,  the offense makes a few good plays, with 12 back there, then sputters, the oline is not good enough to give him the time he needs to be comfortable, and if he's forced out that's when he makes mistakes,,, but the Tennison kid gives you the best option, he can avoid the rush, and make things happen with his legs,  let Tennison kid command the ship, kid is electric and can make plays, the defense will keep you in it, but if you cant score, its all for not, Gilmer has a very talented team, and they need to make the best of it, because it seems our peak talent cycle hits about every 5 years, I think if they give the rains to the Tennison kid, and let him develop thru district play, they have a descent shot to make a deep run!  Guessing we had over 100 yards in penalties tonight, that has got to be cleaned up, and for god sakes, put someone in there that can punt the football,,,Good win, and hats off to that defense, but we have to start getting the ball to the playmakers on offense, #4 is not getting the ball thrown his way nearly enough! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GTownballer said:

This could possibly be the best defense Gilmer has ever fielded (kudos to Barr & Co.), and they've been carrying the offensive,  the offense makes a few good plays, with 12 back there, then sputters, the oline is not good enough to give him the time he needs to be comfortable, and if he's forced out that's when he makes mistakes,,, but the Tennison kid gives you the best option, he can avoid the rush, and make things happen with his legs,  let Tennison kid command the ship, kid is electric and can make plays, the defense will keep you in it, but if you cant score, its all for not, Gilmer has a very talented team, and they need to make the best of it, because it seems our peak talent cycle hits about every 5 years, I think if they give the rains to the Tennison kid, and let him develop thru district play, they have a descent shot to make a deep run!  Guessing we had over 100 yards in penalties tonight, that has got to be cleaned up, and for god sakes, put someone in there that can punt the football,,,Good win, and hats off to that defense, but we have to start getting the ball to the playmakers on offense, #4 is not getting the ball thrown his way nearly enough! 

Punted 6 or 7 times probably averaged 30 per punt  put 2 or 3 inside the 20  

7 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hey where is the pewitt guy and the other newton guys that were doing all that talking? I told y’all to keep that same energy after the game, all y’all good for is putting 💩 but y’all can do it still because that’s what y’all put on the scoreboard 

We’re right here letting y’all have your 15 minutes of fame for beating Newton. 

4 minutes ago, Eagles95 said:

We’re right here letting y’all have your 15 minutes of fame for beating Newton. 

Naw don’t need no fame but I told you before it started. Y’all were the ones running y’all’s mouth but hey y’all be careful on the way home seriously that drive is a beast this late at night.

4 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Naw don’t need no fame but I told you before it started. Y’all were the ones running y’all’s mouth but hey y’all be careful on the way home seriously that drive is a beast this late at night.

Obviously you do, lol. Everybody trash talks on this forum, that’s what it’s for. But we do have the class and respect to take the L and move along. 

2 minutes ago, Eagles95 said:

Obviously you do, lol. Everybody trash talks on this forum, that’s what it’s for. But we do have the class and respect to take the L and move along. 

Hey I can handle it from y’all because newton has earned that right but man some of these other coattail riders it gets on my nerves 

48 minutes ago, GTownballer said:

Can somebody print this and send it to the coaches meeting tomorrow. Or put it in the Gilmer mirror?

3 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hey I can handle it from y’all because newton has earned that right but man some of these other coattail riders it gets on my nerves 

I wouldn’t say they’re coattail riders, they just respect Newton and what we’ve been through and we’ve accomplished despite all that. Most Newton fans are humble and have respect with a little trash talk here and there to make it interesting. But y’all deserve respect too. Congrats. 

1 minute ago, Maineman1988 said:

I let the coaches coach I figure they know more than me.

If they were in fact coaching, i would let them do just that. But Stevie Wonder can see on offense we are very stagnant. Defense can only do so much. We don’t have problems on that side of the ball beside the offense not giving them a break. 

7 minutes ago, LOBOBUCKEYE said:

If they were in fact coaching, i would let them do just that. But Stevie Wonder can see on offense we are very stagnant. Defense can only do so much. We don’t have problems on that side of the ball beside the offense not giving them a break. 

you do realize Gilmer won correct? You do realize Newton's Defense is very very good? If  You were in fact a coach you could apply for a coaching gig somewhere. Im sure someone would want to hire ya. Hey but you cant hide behind a screen name and keyboard to do that. speaking of screenname you cant even decide if you are a lobo or a buckeye and you were probably one of those calling for defensive coaches tobe fired last year.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maineman1988 said:

you do realize Gilmer won correct? You do realize Newton's Defense is very very good? If  You were in fact a coach you could apply for a coaching gig somewhere. Im sure someone would want to hire ya. Hey but you cant hide behind a screen name and keyboard to do that. speaking of screenname you cant even decide if you are a lobo or a buckeye and you were probably one of those calling for defensive coaches tobe fired last year.. 

At this point you just became irrelevant. If you don’t like what i say, scroll to the next comment. 🚨THIS JUST IN: EVERYBODY ON HERE HAS A SCREEN NAME🚨 I know you can come up with one better than that.  I like my job by the way so no need to apply for another one. Thanks for the info. And hide....🤣🤣🤣 i see people still trolling out here with internet muscles!!!!

21 minutes ago, NewtonNation said:

The Gilmer D line deserves a pat on the back. Them boys played hard and were living in our backfield. Great game. Newton will be better from this game and good luck the rest of the season Gilmer! 

Hey I salute your boys, even though they were gassed they never stopped playing and they didn’t even fake cramps like some teams do them are the type of young men u can go to war with. You can see the mutual respect by how the boys stared hugging and handshaking each other before the clock even hit 0

• Like 3

I dont follow Newton football as close as a Newton fan would, but just thinking out loud here....is it possible the playcalling the past two years opened up some because Newton had a D1 QB?? I mean having a D1 QB I would think would certainly open the playbook up a tad...