Newton @ Gilmer

Purpleforever

Newton@Gilmer who you got  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

47 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I dont follow Newton football as close as a Newton fan would, but just thinking out loud here....is it possible the playcalling the past two years opened up some because Newton had a D1 QB?? I mean having a D1 QB I would think would certainly open the playbook up a tad...

No its the coordinator the one we had took a head coaching job at bigger school so we put a home town guy there that knows the old newton playbook that is only good for 3 rounds of playoffs 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hey I can handle it from y’all because newton has earned that right but man some of these other coattail riders it gets on my nerves 

Say Guru, there's a name for fans like that. I call them "TAG-ALONGS". Those type of fans live through another team what their team can't accomplish. Because of this they root against ya and follow any team that can or has a chance to beat ya. When that happens generally they troll and you'd think they are from the town the team comes from🤓. Can't worry about those types because you'll hear from them, usually the same ones several times in a season and know that nobody moves that much. If they do, well #### what kinda job or how much money you got? Hope you don't have kids cuz do they ever make friends?

• LOL! 1

This lose isn’t the end of the world. It doesn’t mean anything other than an end to a win streak. If your concerned about that then you better start scheduling lesser opponents. You have to play opponents that will challenge you if you want to get better. Hopefully things were learned that will improve us. One thing for sure we learned we’re not invincible. Could be the best thing in the world. These are teenage boys filled with raging hormones, that is why high school football is so unpredictable. No matter what you have to back your team, win or lose. The players have to execute and give their all and if they do that, that is all anybody could ask for. Being beat by a better team is nothing to be ashamed about. You don’t know how hard it was for me not pick Gilmer, but I couldn’t do that without being crucified.  Now this is the past and we need to look forward. Go Eagles

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Newton2003 said:

No its the coordinator the one we had took a head coaching job at bigger school so we put a home town guy there that knows the old newton playbook that is only good for 3 rounds of playoffs 

Wow, I must have missed where you were complaining 2 weeks ago when that old playbook beat the #2 WOS. 

Laughable. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

14 minutes ago, armchair said:

Wow, I must have missed where you were complaining 2 weeks ago when that old playbook beat the #2 WOS. 

Laughable. 

I’ll give credit where credit is do, y’all defense played inspired football. They had a loss to avenge and Newton looked like they forgot how to block. If I were y’all I’d tell the defense they were playing Newton every week. LOL It looked good

5 hours ago, Newton2003 said:

I forgot the former OC got a HC gig....makes sense that there would be a different look to the offense

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I dont follow Newton football as close as a Newton fan would, but just thinking out loud here....is it possible the playcalling the past two years opened up some because Newton had a D1 QB?? I mean having a D1 QB I would think would certainly open the playbook up a tad...

no that has been Neece style of calling even in kville.   Itll be the same in Anahuac.  Looks like the new OC is going to bring it back to the run with very little pass threat.   

32 minutes ago, rykerx144 said:

no that has been Neece style of calling even in kville.   Itll be the same in Anahuac.  Looks like the new OC is going to bring it back to the run with very little pass threat.   

If that's the case he will end up with the same results before 2017 and 2018. I know head Coach knows what it takes to win and he will adjust this. Newton has a good throwing QB . I don't think they will go back to the ole run game of the past. 

48 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Umm newton had a bye week can’t use that excuse 

Hey yall got the W congratulations now go on and worry about who yall got next good luck the rest of the way hope yall make it to state so we can really have an excuse about yall beating us 

• Stinks 2

23 hours ago, NewtonNation said:

Geez.... the season isn't over. 

I don't think it had anything to do with play calling. Gilmer has a great football teamb and I mean good for 4A. Newton got beat by a better team. They have more athletes. If we would have lost to Allen, I swear people would be blaming somebody. This was no upset, Gilmer is a top ranked 4A team team and Newton held them to 16 points. Carthage held them to 15, I think. 

Newton's offense is more open now than it has ever been. Im going to say Newton's quarterback will set a season high passing mark this year.

Gilmer's defense was just a bit better than Newton's offense,  particularly up front. No knock on Newton,  Gilmer just has more athletes, and is a great football school. Newton will rebound and probably win State by a wider point margin than last year. Did Gilmer expose some weaknesses? Yes. Play calling wasn't one of them. Fix what we can. Continue on in quest of the three peat

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1