WASKOM VS NEW DIANA

1WildCat

Wildcats vs Eagles  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

On 9/24/2019 at 3:02 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

What descent wins have ND had? A banged up Harmony? A terrible WO squad? That powerhouse QC? Waskom lost to us. We’re going to be good this year and next, then the bull pen may be a little empty. Lost to WR who’s dang good. Had a respectable loss to HS who just blew the doors off Tatum. EF will beat them. DF will beat them. The others other than QC will keep it close but I think come up short. This is the year to get your licks in on Waskom cause they’ve got good young talent coming up. 

So you’re saying DeKalb doesn’t beat Waskom?

On 9/25/2019 at 9:40 PM, Wild74 said:

72 and 73 as a matter of fact we lost to New Diana 22-6 in the playoffs in a freezing rain storm in Marshall 

Coldest I have ever been sitting on the sideline.  Rain drained off of field and puddled along sideline under benches.  Spent that entire game shining the pine freezing.  Got into like three plays on defense.  Hope Coach Stput is sble to attend tomorrow night.

Waskom $crewed ND out of the playoffs several years back. It was 1-2 yrs before Waskom made their Championship runs if I remember correctly. 

ND beat Waskom in Diana. Waskom beat several teams in District that year. Turned out, Waskom had 1 or multiple ineligible players and had to forfeit some wins. Several playoff eligible teams therefore added a win because they had lost to Waskom originally...but ND didn't add a win because they had beaten them. Playoff seeding & who went to the playoffs came down to the last District game and tie breakers with point differentials. ND had to beat DeKalb by 11 points or more to go to the playoffs...ND beat em by only 7 pts. 

So no playoffs for ND that year. If Waskom hadn't forfeited their wins then ND would've been in the playoffs. I believe PP went in instead. 

@Wild74 & @LSUTIGERS yall remember that? It was crazy that year. 

Might possibly see something crazy like that this year in District with playoff seedings. Would make things interesting for sure. 

4 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Waskom $crewed ND out of the playoffs several years back. It was 1-2 yrs before Waskom made their Championship runs if I remember correctly. 

ND beat Waskom in Diana. Waskom beat several teams in District that year. Turned out, Waskom had 1 or multiple ineligible players and had to forfeit some wins. Several playoff eligible teams therefore added a win because they had lost to Waskom originally...but ND didn't add a win because they had beaten them. Playoff seeding & who went to the playoffs came down to the last District game and tie breakers with point differentials. ND had to beat DeKalb by 11 points or more to go to the playoffs...ND beat em by only 7 pts. 

So no playoffs for ND that year. If Waskom hadn't forfeited their wins then ND would've been in the playoffs. I believe PP went in instead. 

Might possibly see something crazy like that this year in District with playoff seedings. Would make things interesting for sure. 

I remember at that time I think only three teams went. 

7 minutes ago, 1WildCat said:

Coldest I have ever been sitting on the sideline.  Rain drained off of field and puddled along sideline under benches.  Spent that entire game shining the pine freezing.  Got into like three plays on defense.  Hope Coach Stput is sble to attend tomorrow night.

Coldest I have ever been it wasn't any warmer on the field

10 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Way way back in my day only two teams went. Damn I’m old. 

Yep you are old...me too. 

It was only 2 when I played also. Some good teams got left home during the playoffs back then. But it made district play exciting.

10 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Way way back in my day only two teams went. Damn I’m old. 

Still a young pup by "old" standards. In my days playing in the early 70's only a district champ qualified for the playoffs.  There were no divisions.....only 4 classifications in Texas high school football.  Now look how far it's come.......just great expansion and the very best setup for high school competitive football on the entire planet right in our back yards every week.  WOW!!  This timeline and age we are experiencing NOW will be looked back on as the absolute HeyDay of football at all levels in the history of the game.

Oh look......NOW and WOW rhyme.  Must be a proverbial sign, Huh?

32 minutes ago, 514 said:

Guess I should have read a little more before I posted . Regaleagle  makes my post a peat and re-peat statement.

45 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Still a young pup by "old" standards. In my days playing in the early 70's only a district champ qualified for the playoffs.  There were no divisions.....only 4 classifications in Texas high school football.  Now look how far it's come.......just great expansion and the very best setup for high school competitive football on the entire planet right in our back yards every week.  WOW!!  This timeline and age we are experiencing NOW will be looked back on as the absolute HeyDay of football at all levels in the history of the game.

Oh look......NOW and WOW rhyme.  Must be a proverbial sign, Huh?

Dang!! Yea, y'all are OLD!! 😂 j/k 

14 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Yes that was a crazy season.