WASKOM VS NEW DIANA

1WildCat

Wildcats vs Eagles  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

I thought Waskom played a fairly good game, the offsetting penalties were nothing big but pushing and shoving after a hit, Waskom had a chance to go for the victory but we was offsides on our called offside play that was a bonehead move by a down lineman.  

38 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I thought Waskom played a fairly good game, the offsetting penalties were nothing big but pushing and shoving after a hit, Waskom had a chance to go for the victory but we was offsides on our called offside play that was a bonehead move by a down lineman.  

Two of the "unsportsmanlike" penalties killed sustained drives, one if which could have been a scoring drive in the making.   The guys have GOT to leave the extracirricular #### for the other team.  ND looked beatable tonight.  We were able to get pressure on the QB at times.  Their score just before the half was the killer.  Not so much that they scored, but with ease that it came.   I'm looking at two more wins this season.  Just hope we can stop DF from hitting the century mark.  After the drubbing we gave them last year to take District, I am sure they won't hold nuttin back.

11 hours ago, 1WildCat said:

Two of the "unsportsmanlike" penalties killed sustained drives, one if which could have been a scoring drive in the making.   The guys have GOT to leave the extracirricular #### for the other team.  ND looked beatable tonight.  We were able to get pressure on the QB at times.  Their score just before the half was the killer.  Not so much that they scored, but with ease that it came.   I'm looking at two more wins this season.  Just hope we can stop DF from hitting the century mark.  After the drubbing we gave them last year to take District, I am sure they won't hold nuttin back.

I don't know what it is about the need to fight but you are right the unsportsmanlike penalty killed us on one drive, I could hear Keeling all the way up in the press box explaining it loudly to the kid in question.  

12 hours ago, justafan said:

Waskom didn’t deserve to win. They played terrible because they are not very good. Get over it. There is a reason Waskom hasn’t won. It’s not like those guys have forgot how to Coach. Remember they were the undefeated dist champs last year 

13 hours ago, LSUTIGERS said:

I’ve never seen so many off setting personal and unsportsmanlike penalties in a game. I’m pretty sure each team had one player ejected. 

12 hours ago, 1WildCat said:

I wasn't at the game last night. Had other obligations. 

I hate to hear that there were so many penalties (some stupid), and some possibly after the whistle activity. Were the penalties being called fairly? And consistent for both sides? 

Did penalties or a certain penalty decide the outcome of this game? 

Was there alot of jaw-jackin going on? Both sides? 

@Eagle27 I haven't heard your final analysis and opinions yet. What say you? 

17 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I hate to hear that there were so many penalties (some stupid), and some possibly after the whistle activity. Were the penalties being called fairly? And consistent for both sides? 

Most of the unsportsmanlike penalties was offsetting to both teams. I thought it was a good game just didn't go our way. 

16 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Most of the unsportsmanlike penalties was offsetting to both teams. I thought it was a good game just didn't go our way. 

Well I guess the only thing better than no penalties, is off-setting penalties...I guess...especially if there were as many as it sounds like they were. 

I respect your opinion that it was a good game, and I'm just sorry I had to miss it. 

Good luck to the Wildcats the rest of the season. I don't think yall are done. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

@TTman7 I agree with wild.  ND had a bad snap on a punt and gave the ball to Waskom for an easy TD from about 15 yards out.  Our defense played pretty good most of the night but our offense never really clicked.  We ran the wildcat with #21 & #13 which to me is where we started actually moving the ball and getting things going but then we would have stupid penalties that killed the momentum.  We have to keep giving #13 opportunities to run the ball.  Him 21 and 15 can mix it up pretty good!  

I think Waskom has some very talented players and it’s just a matter of time before they are back in business!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

1. Penalties were fair

2. It seemed like every time there was a personal or unsportsmanlike penalty called it was off setting so I’d say they were fair. 

3. Penalties didn’t help or hurt either team.

4. Both teams seemed to have a little extra attitude.

At the end of the night we didn’t do what we needed to do to win and y’all did. It was a good game

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

1. Penalties were fair

2. It seemed like every time there was a personal or unsportsmanlike penalty called it was off setting so I’d say they were fair. 

3. Penalties didn’t help or hurt either team.

4. Both teams seemed to have a little extra attitude.

At the end of the night we didn’t do what we needed to do to win and y’all did. It was a good game

1 hour ago, Eagle27 said:

@TTman7 I agree with wild.  ND had a bad snap on a punt and gave the ball to Waskom for an easy TD from about 15 yards out.  Our defense played pretty good most of the night but our offense never really clicked.  We ran the wildcat with #21 & #13 which to me is where we started actually moving the ball and getting things going but then we would have stupid penalties that killed the momentum.  We have to keep giving #13 opportunities to run the ball.  Him 21 and 15 can mix it up pretty good!  

I think Waskom has some very talented players and it’s just a matter of time before they are back in business!! 

Thank y'all...I appreciate it! 👍

18 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

You’re right. We don’t need it. Y’all sawftttt. Lol

32 minutes ago, Eagle27 said:

Won’t help ya lol

Y'all do realize we have TWO WEEKS to talk trash before the ND-PP game? Lawd have mercy!! It's gonna be a fun two weeks! Lol :mower:

One of yall go ahead and start that thread, lol. 

18 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Are y’all yappy again. I thought with 5 gone it’d be a little better. 

Uuummm, nah, I don't think so...but maybe. Lol 

ABSOLUTELY NOT to the level of #5 anyway. But I have noticed a little jawing going on consensually in a few games. Against Alto, there were several UC penalties against Alto and they had one ejection. Even appeared maybe QC was jawing back-and-forth with ND. And I expect ALOT of jawing and UC penalties when they play Ore City...cause there was last year. 

But, like I said nothing close to what it was before....at least that I could tell. 

• Stinks 1

This District name is really gonna be dog fight. 

Looks like to me. 

Dekalb will slip up once. 

Pewitt will run the table 

so will daingerfield 

New Diana will lose to EF pewitt and daingerfield and Dekalb. 

Waskom will lose to Dekalb 

daingerfield and then it will be a dog fight to beat EF 

Ef losses to Dekalb pewitt 

so here is my prediction

Pewitt 7-0

Daingerfield 5-2 

Dekalb 5-2 

EF 4-3 

ND 3-4 

Waskom 3-4 

Ore City 1-6

Queen City 0-7 

not sure this is possible cause I didn’t write it down. But that’s what I see happening 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, justafan said:

Looks like to me. 

so will daingerfield 

so here is my prediction

Pewitt 7-0

Daingerfield 5-2 

Dekalb 5-2 

EF 4-3 

ND 3-4 

Waskom 3-4 

Ore City 1-6

Queen City 0-7 

not sure this is possible cause I didn’t write it down. But that’s what I see happening 

I would say that is a good take. 

2 hours ago, justafan said:

Looks like to me. 

so will daingerfield 

so here is my prediction

Pewitt 7-0

Daingerfield 5-2 

Dekalb 5-2 

EF 4-3 

ND 3-4 

Waskom 3-4 

Ore City 1-6

Queen City 0-7 

Looks about right to me

On 9/28/2019 at 12:44 PM, TTman7 said:

Yepper, three off-setting personal foul penalties culminating in ejections for both teams.  Not sure about the trash talking, or who was better or worse (depending on how you feel about it) at it.  I do know that our #53 seems to have a "short fuse" at times that has hurt the team.  He is not the only one out there displaying "undisciplined" characteristics at times.  Waskom's penalties did cost them on two separate "sustained" drives.  I would think that the momentum we had up to that point would have resulted in points on the board.  I may be wrong.  The refs missed a few calls here and there, but I don't feel as though they were any rougher on one team than the other.  Yes, there were a lot of play going on after the whistle and wayyyy out if bounds, with the refs right on top of it, including a couple of face masks for both teams.  I'm thankful that the Eagles didn't start the second half as they finished the first.  That last drive was a beauty.  They marched down the field in nothing flat to go up by a point at the break.

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2019 at 11:25 AM, Wild74 said:

I don't know what it is about the need to fight but you are right the unsportsmanlike penalty killed us on one drive, I could hear Keeling all the way up in the press box explaining it loudly to the kid in question.  

It has been habit for that particukar dude in the last three games losing his cool.