Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cujoforlife

7 5a D1 John Tyler (0-4) vs Texas High (3-1)

7 5a D1   

14 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Will Win



Recommended Posts

Okay let’s get it started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JT has played a tough pre-district schedule with no wins. They appear to be down from prior years. T-High has played an easier schedule but has shown a lot of improvement. This game will tell a lot about both teams and their standing in the district. With the game in Tyler, I see it as a toss up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T High in a close one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lions get their first win in a close one

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bordertown said:

JT has played a tough pre-district schedule with no wins. They appear to be down from prior years. T-High has played an easier schedule but has shown a lot of improvement. This game will tell a lot about both teams and their standing in the district. With the game in Tyler, I see it as a toss up. 

Yea, not sure who will win this one. It’s a toss up for sure. Pulling for the tigers though 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Tyler Opponents are a combined 12-4 with three of loses coming from one team. Texas high opponents are a combined 5-9 with 4 wins coming from one team.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

I’ll take T-high in a close one. I don’t really know tho. Cujo May blow’em out or vice versa lol 

That’s how it was last year, but we don’t have The same offense to do that. But idk we will see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If JT can finally get the running game going. And the defense keep playing like have. Close game unless JT start breaking long runs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

If JT can finally get the running game going. And the defense keep playing like have. Close game unless JT start breaking long runs 

Did #4 play yesterday or did they sit him out again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

John Tyler Opponents are a combined 12-4 with three of loses coming from one team. Texas high opponents are a combined 5-9 with 4 wins coming from one team.

No matter the opponent’s record, JT hasn’t been competitive one bit. Maybe with Horn a bit but besides that, Uck. 

I think T High’s defense steps up and brings home the W.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

No matter the opponent’s record, JT hasn’t been competitive one bit. Maybe with Horn a bit but besides that, Uck. 

I think T High’s defense steps up and brings home the W.

Yep, if you’ve struggled for four straight weeks on offense, regardless of the opponent, that’s usually who you are as a team. They almost didn’t score a td last night against Trinity. And if the starting Qb was in the game, the score probably would’ve been worse on the other side. 

If it was just LV and ET they struggled against, you could probably make excuses for it. Those defenses are pretty good this season. But Lee who just lost to Poteet and 1-3 Horn? The 7 and 17 that JT scored against both are the lowest amounts those two teams have given up this season.

But maybe I’m telling lies and just hating...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should be a really good game. THigh in a close one. 

 

I saw a highlight of a THigh running back, Cooper? Can't remember his number.  He looked really good. Anyone know what grade he's in or if he is getting college looks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Yep, if you’ve struggled for four straight weeks on offense, regardless of the opponent, that’s usually who you are as a team. They almost didn’t score a td last night against Trinity. And if the starting Qb was in the game, the score probably would’ve been worse on the other side. 

If it was just LV and ET they struggled against, you could probably make excuses for it. Those defenses are pretty good this season. But Lee who just lost to Poteet and 1-3 Horn? The 7 and 17 that JT scored against both are the lowest amounts those two teams have given up this season.

But maybe I’m telling lies and just hating...

No one is making excuses pack007, and what you just wrote is no secret, we all been talking about the lack of offense JT has played the last four weeks. Keep doing what you are doing.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

I saw a highlight of a THigh running back, Cooper? Can't remember his number.  He looked really good. Anyone know what grade he's in or if he is getting college looks?

Sophmore

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LufkinPack said:

I’ll take T-high in a close one. I don’t really know tho. Cujo May blow’em out or vice versa lol 

Don’t know about JT blow’em out, we got to have some offense, I do think our defense can keep us in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone underestimates TH....they May likely lose to JT but they will make a game of it...they have a solid defense with a good running game....gonna be a good ine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Did #4 play yesterday or did they sit him out again? 

Not that I know of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll have to give it to TH, no if and buts about it. All of this , who played who is insignificant, due to our offense. The way I see it, we’ve only played against one good defense and that was LV, and they didn’t even need no D, coach King observed that with his hilarious statement when he said he’ll take a knee three time and punt it to our offense, (paraphrasing it), Until we prove we can score, I’ll will have to give Moore Mustang the W. No knock against our  players, because we have the players to get the W.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...