Garrison Bulldogs (1-2) at Joaquin Rams (3-1)

trueblue82

District 11AA Div. 1 Opener  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Rams or Dawgs

The Garrison Bulldogs make their first visit to Ram Stadium in almost 20 years Friday night to take on the Joaquin Rams. The Dawgs are coming off disappointing back to back losses to what may be the cream of the Region 3 crop, Alto and San Augustine. The Rams bounced back from an uninspired loss to Shelbyville and edged Corrigan-Camden 16-14 Friday night. Garrison defeated the Rams 34-14 last year in Garrison. This game has big-time playoff implications once again. The winner will have a big step up on the competition for the District 11AA Div. 1 championship. Can the Dawgs recover from losing two straight? Can the Rams get their offense moving and help their defense out some? 

Make no mistake about it, Lawson and company have had this game circled on the calendar allll year long. Expect all the starters to be present and firing on all cylinders, expect the playbook to go from 4 plays to 10 lmao. 

Will the Joaquin that got beat by Shelbyville show up? Or will the Joaquin that upset Corrigan show up?  

I say close game until the 4th quarter when the Rams pour it on the Dawgs in dominant fashion, thus thickening the Region 3 plot further.

35-21 Rams

5 hours ago, villagegenius said:

I wouldn’t write off Garrison just yet. Sometimes being wounded and backed into a corner brings out the best In oneself. 

I agree, they have lost the last two games, but to possibly the best two teams in the region. Garrison is still a good team, and I’m sure they will bounce back. I’m interested to see the final on this game, should be a good game. I thought Garrisons defense played well against our run, and we all know Joaquin likes to run the football. I’m picking Garrison in a hard fought game.

Success will depend on Joe offense. In my opinion we haven’t found our identity yet. With injury to FB guys have been shifted around to compensate. If it’s 3rd and short and ya gotta have it I don’t believe Joe knows what their favorite play is. Either we block the wrong guy or nobody at all. Or we call the wrong play. Can’t seem to get the ball in playmaker’s hands in favorable situations. I believe district 11 is up for the taking. None of the teams are the caliber they were last year. Several teams have some athletes but from my observation the o-lines and d-lines are not the quality as last year. Whichever team can establish the LOS will be the winner in this one..... gonna have to watch some practice this week and see how we progress before I can make a pic

garrisons o line play was more than pitiful last week. not taking anuthing away from alto at all but the line has to block somebody even if its the wrong man put a hat on somebody. its not like the whole distric doesnt know who is getting the ball most of the time

I am really hoping Garrison makes some offensive adjustments to spread the ball around more to take the pressure off of Porter ... QB can throw the ball, but they need to shorten the pass routes and get the passes off quicker ... I think the Dawgs bounce back this week if they make the right adjustments  ....