Week Five: Rockwall at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-0) vs Rockwall Yellowjackets (3-1)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Rockwall in a close one
    • Rockwall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

2 minutes ago, AKA said:

Game was over in the first quarter.

Longview broke Rockwall. 

Happens when one dimensional Meredith went out but we running back u so next back up,also Haynes had good passes just wrs dropped so he used his legs we should use the fish kid hale more he did grab first and only catch for td 

• Thanks 1

Just now, WolverBean said:

Happens when one dimensional Meredith went out but we running back u so next back up,also Haynes had good passes just wrs dropped so he used his legs we should use the fish kid hale more he did grab first and only catch for td 

One dimensional? 

Meredith can run, catch, and block. Pretty sure that's the definition of a complete back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, AKA said:

One dimensional? 

Meredith can run, catch, and block. Pretty sure that's the definition of a complete back. 

That was to regards  to Rockwall offense being one dimensional not Meredith 😅 sorry for the confusion comment doh!

Meant to say Rockwall offense one dimensional,we lost Meredith but still ran ball cause we don't have just one rb.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

That was to regards  to Rockwall offense being one dimensional not Meredith 😅 sorry for the confusion comment doh!

Meant to say Rockwall offense one dimensional,we lost Meredith but still ran ball cause we don't have just one rb.

Ah, gotcha. 👍

• Like 1

Lobo defense shutting down Rockwall's prolific offense. Longview held the Yellowjackets, who came in averaging 557 yards of offense and 53 points, to 168 yards overall and no touchdowns.

Rockwall finished with 51 rushing yards on 34 attempts and had 117 through the air

#dombination 

11 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

@LoboFan07 don’t tell me no more about how this is a rivalry after tonight lol. 😂

Never said they were a rival. Only said there was potential in the future to be one.

The game still matters more than playing JT, which is the full statement of what I was saying in the pre season.

1 hour ago, in10sz said:

Best Longview D since the 1975 group with David ‘Headache’ Morris, Johnny Fuller, Fambles and more ....these kids are straight getting after it.  Mean, clean, physical football.. the way it’s supposed to be played!!!

Hosea Taylor, Elvis Bradley,  Henry Lee Williams and Thomas Cook simply HAVE to be included in this group !

Anyways... this current "Mean Green" defensive edition is playing in a comparable manner to the great Longview STOP units of that era !

R.J.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

2023 WR Jalen Hale (6'2 175) 1st Lobo TD of his career in the 1st quarter. 1st of many.

Anti, I have to give you FULL credit for this one. You were DEAD ACCURATE on this young brother here! You were talking about him waaaaay I believe when he was barely out of elementary school. And, to be honest I thought it was the ultimate hype job. But, boy was I wrong.

This HAS to be a first for ANY FRESHMAN to touch the field in somewhat of a starting role. He's is HUNGRY and damnit John King needs to start him if the others can't pull their weight. Period! I am more than disgusted with MOST of our receivers LACK OF EFFORT. This game could have gotten ULTRA ugly if they would just FOCUS. G-D'it, as awesome as we look defensively it's a shame how inept we TRULY are on the receiving end.

But, to still put up 49 points regardless speaks volumes. And, BOY!!!!!! Our defense made it a point to literally play the role of a hitman last night. I mean, they went after Jaxson Smith as if there was a million dollar bounty on his head. Wow!!! This defense flys around and SO far SEEMS to be a few notches faster than last year and that's crazy given what and who we lost.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Quick said:

And, BOY!!!!!! Our defense made it a point to literally play the role of a hitman last night. I mean, they went after Jaxson Smith as if there was a million dollar bounty on his head. Wow!!! This defense flys around and SO far SEEMS to be a few notches faster than last year and that's crazy given what and who we lost.

I was on the visitor sideline during their first drive, and I could tell Rockwall was dazed. They really did not expect to get hit in the mouth the way they did.

It's not just that the defense is playing solid assignment football, but they are bringing some serious lumber.  

Watching the Rockwall offense come off the field after that first three-and-out...  man, they didn't want none. 

• LOL! 1