Week Five: Rockwall at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-0) vs Rockwall Yellowjackets (3-1)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Rockwall in a close one
    • Rockwall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

3 minutes ago, AKA said:

We need to get a hashtag going...  #StartHale or something. The kid is talented, hard-working, and humble. Let's get him some quality reps during district play. 

King is gonna King. He prefers his upperclassmen. But come mid district and playoffs, he’ll be out there a helluva lot more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

King is gonna King. He prefers his upperclassmen. But come mid district and playoffs, he’ll be out there a helluva lot more.

I respect the intent. Rewarding players for time and buy-in into the program. Old school values. Respect. I get it.

So I don't think you have to start Hale right away, but definite get him into the regular rotation. Light a fire under your wideouts a## to make sure they understand they've got to catch the ball when it hits you in the hands. 

My coach was as old school as they come, and I was "fired" anytime I made a mistake, senior year or not. Motivated me to get good or get outta the way. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKA said:

I respect the intent. Rewarding players for time and buy-in into the program. Old school values. Respect. I get it.

So I don't think you have to start Hale right away, but definite get him into the regular rotation. Light a fire under your wideouts a## to make sure they understand they've got to catch the ball when it hits you in the hands. 

My coach was as old school as they come, and I was "fired" anytime I made a mistake, senior year or not. Motivated me to get good or get outta the way. 

Preach Brother! #StartHale 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, AKA said:

We need to get a hashtag going...  #StartHale or something. The kid is talented, hard-working, and humble. Let's get him some quality reps during district play. 

I didn't realize it was him that caught the td until they came over the speaker watched it back later amazing catch by any wr much less a freshman future is bright for sure 😎

#starthale

2 hours ago, Quick said:

Anti, I have to give you FULL credit for this one. You were DEAD ACCURATE on this young brother here! You were talking about him waaaaay I believe when he was barely out of elementary school. And, to be honest I thought it was the ultimate hype job. But, boy was I wrong.

This HAS to be a first for ANY FRESHMAN to touch the field in somewhat of a starting role. He's is HUNGRY and damnit John King needs to start him if the others can't pull their weight. Period! I am more than disgusted with MOST of our receivers LACK OF EFFORT. This game could have gotten ULTRA ugly if they would just FOCUS. G-D'it, as awesome as we look defensively it's a shame how inept we TRULY are on the receiving end.

But, to still put up 49 points regardless speaks volumes. And, BOY!!!!!! Our defense made it a point to literally play the role of a hitman last night. I mean, they went after Jaxson Smith as if there was a million dollar bounty on his head. Wow!!! This defense flys around and SO far SEEMS to be a few notches faster than last year and that's crazy given what and who we lost.

Im all for starting him.

I wouldn't say bench Kearbey, he had a bad night last night but we've seen how good he can be. But I would start Hale opposite of Kearbey, put Moore and Cedric Hopkins in slot. 

That gives you 6'1 and 6'2 on the outsides. Hopkins 6'0 in the slot.

Man I wish Moore would get his catching down. Because he can get open as well as any recent WR we've had. He was on fire the first two weeks...

• Like 3

I said it a couple of weeks ago that Hale needs to start. He is the threat that this team needs. And he needs to start now. Let the offense get used to him let opposing coaches know that he’s out there so those intermediate routes will start opening up for Moore and Kearby. Once that happens this team is the team to beat to win it all....

#StartHale

• Thanks 1

Hale starting or receiving much more snaps isnt an over exaggeration either.

JK mentioned in the post game interview that he was gonna get more reps to Hale. Had alot of positive things to say about him.

Not to mention Hale does ALOT in practices.

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Hale starting or receiving much more snaps isnt an over exaggeration either.

JK mentioned in the post game interview that he was gonna get more reps to Hale. Had alot of positive things to say about him.

Not to mention Hale does ALOT in practices.

Excellent. 

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

I said it a couple of weeks ago that Hale needs to start. He is the threat that this team needs. And he needs to start now. Let the offense get used to him let opposing coaches know that he’s out there so those intermediate routes will start opening up for Moore and Kearby. Once that happens this team is the team to beat to win it all....

#StartHale

Exactly!!!!!!                                                         #starthale