Week Five: Rockwall at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-0) vs Rockwall Yellowjackets (3-1)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Rockwall in a close one
    • Rockwall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

I hope those boys get the 4th seed this year though. I’ve never wanted a team to make that drive to Lufkin as much as i wanted this. I know you should be careful of what you wish for....especially considering our first round past lol, but i want the Cujo at Abe this year. All that smack talking. Heck if we get them in the third round....even better. I want em 🗣🗣

14 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Definitely the district title, but could be wrong. Mesquite is also playing well this year. May be a darkhorse..

They’re definitely better than they have been. But still think they’re third in this district. We’ll see though! 

22 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I hope those boys get the 4th seed this year though. I’ve never wanted a team to make that drive to Lufkin as much as i wanted this. I know you should be careful of what you wish for....especially considering our first round past lol, but i want the Cujo at Abe this year. All that smack talking. Heck if we get them in the third round....even better. I want em 🗣🗣

We Gone be ready but we will bring our own water and AC since y’all like to cut the air off!! 

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Forest Park comes to town tomorrow to play our middle school. I may go to that one instead of the Judson game. Not sure yet. 

FP has talent but LP probably favs in that one.

Judson and Foster on the other hand are pretty good, both grades. 

Tell me how FP looks if you go.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

I take it Rockwall is probably the biggest competition in District right. I guess this is for the District Championship assuming yall take care of business.

Looks that way, on all 3 levels.

Mesquite is 'sneaky' but I dont see them beating Rockwall. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Way too much imo.

Longview wins a one score game IMO.

Could not agree more...I really don’t think Rockwall will get a lot of rushing yards like they have been...so we will see how they adjust...this is going to be a knock down drag out in my opinion 

2 hours ago, kingwolf said:

Could not agree more...I really don’t think Rockwall will get a lot of rushing yards like they have been...so we will see how they adjust...this is going to be a knock down drag out in my opinion 

Yeah I don't see us beating them by 16 unless Haynes suddenly finds his groove and the OL magically starts producing. 

1 hour ago, 85lobooldschool said:

Turnovers will be a key as always, but especially in this game.  I hope we can produce with our passing game.  Lake Travis got donky stomped by AM and Rockwall beats them.  LT top QB must have been a no factor and I hope Haynes is not Friday  

Martin turned the ball over something like 5 times against Rockwall and still played them to a one-TD game. 

23 hours ago, ANTI said:

FP has talent but LP probably favs in that one.

Judson and Foster on the other hand are pretty good, both grades. 

Tell me how FP looks if you go.

You were right. Lol

14-0 7th grade Purple over FP. Halftime. FP can’t stop the run. They also don’t have a qb and trying to run the spread, since they couldn’t run in the I. Number one is solid. Pretty tall kid that’s a receiver and DB. The announcer called him Melvin at first but then said Mckelvey. Y’all also have good size on the dline. 

25 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

You were right. Lol

14-0 7th grade Purple over FP. Halftime. FP can’t stop the run. They also don’t have a qb and trying to run the spread, since they couldn’t run in the I. Number one is solid. Pretty tall kid that’s a receiver and DB. The announcer called him Melvin at first but then said Mckelvey. Y’all also have good size on the dline. 

Yeah lol knew it.

FP usually has talent, except at QB. Which is why they are hardly ever as successful as Foster or Judson are.

All of the great/good Lobo QBs usually come out of either Foster or Judson.

13 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Yeah lol knew it.

FP usually has talent, except at QB. Which is why they are hardly ever as successful as Foster or Judson are.

All of the great/good Lobo QBs usually come out of either Foster or Judson.

Final was 16-0. Defense for FP played better in second half. Lufkin couldn’t  catch wide open passes though. For some reason number one didn’t play the whole second half for FP. Wasn’t hurt. 

Pack 8th grade purple won 20-0. Both groups had some talent and size. Lufkin just had the better Qb and receivers. FP also had several turnovers. 11 is a talented receiver for FP. Almost took it to the house but fumbled. Safe travels back to the view though. 

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yeah I don't see us beating them by 16 unless Haynes suddenly finds his groove and the OL magically starts producing. 

OL definitely wasn’t an issue against WM last week, surprisingly. And that was an extremely, extremely solid D line they went up against.

• Like 1