Week Five: Rockwall at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-0) vs Rockwall Yellowjackets (3-1)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Rockwall in a close one
    • Rockwall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/28/2019 at 12:30 AM

2 hours ago, AKA said:

We don't have to shut him down totally, just keep him at bay (and off the field). 

Which comes back to my original statement....running the ball will definitely be apart of the gameplan but how many carries do you give Meredith? 

Against this defense, Meredith can get the ball 3 times, on our own 10, and score 90 yarders 2 of the times.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 4

9 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Which comes back to my original statement....running the ball will definitely be apart of the ganeplan but how many carries do you give Meredith? 

Against this defense, Meredith can get the ball 3 times, on our own 10, and score 90 yarders 2 of the times.

Dang Lol, but yea after watching just the highlights....

I think #41 for Martin broke at least 10 tackles on two plays. 

• LOL! 1

21 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Which comes back to my original statement....running the ball will definitely be apart of the ganeplan but how many carries do you give Meredith? 

Lol, this sounds bad, but I gotta say I want to be careful with how we use Meredith, for reasons you know well.  ;) 

A more methodical, between the tackles running game, offset by a high-percentage passing is the best tactic in my unqualified opinion. Pound it inside, then play-fake and hit the quick slant or square-in route. 

Control the clock. Spell the defense, and keep Smith off the field (at least on offense). 

13 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Dang Lol, but yea after watching just the highlights....

I think #41 for Martin broke at least 10 tackles on two plays. 

This is based purely on watching those highlights, but that's one of the worst tackling performances I've ever seen on the 6A level. 

• Like 3

I don't get where these blow out predictions are coming from tbh.

This is a great team we're playing. Almost every single game we've faced them has been decided by 10 points or less. 

They have probably the best player in the state of Texas that we've not even come close to shut down when we've faced him.

This is going to be an extremely close game.

• Thanks 2

Little off topic, but Judson and Foster now at 2-0 in both 7th and 8th. 

Forest Park 0-2 in 7th and 8th....loss to Foster last week and Lufkin yesterday.

Judson is loaded both grades, Foster very good as well. And they both face off against one another next week at Lobo Stadium. I'm going to try and catch it.

That 8th class is very good and when you pair them with the current 9th graders in a few years...damn its gonna be nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

This is a great team we're playing. Almost every single game we've faced them has been decided by 10 points or less. 

They have probably the best player in the state of Texas that we've not even come close to shut down when we've faced him.

Rockwall seems to field a great team pretty regularly. I think Longview wins but I'm thinking by a score or 2. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 11:06 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Audio highlights from Longview's 17-7 victory over West Monroe...

https://lobohistory.com/gamelogs/audio/westmonroe09202019.mp3

West Monroe's radio broadcast from Longview's 17-7 win over the Rebs

https://www.lobohistory.com/gamelogs/audio/opponents/westmonroebroadcast09202019.mp3

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Co-sign. 

As much faith as I have in our defense, I have enormous respect for Jaxson Smith. Kid's one of the best schoolboy athletes in the entire country. If the ball gets anywhere near him, he's coming down with it...  and once he has it, his ability to make defenders miss is exceptional. 

I'm counting on our offense to rise to the occasion and do what it takes to come away with the W, but it's going to be a battle. 

• Like 1