Pleasant Grove Hawks 4-0 vs Tyler Chapel Hill 2-2 @ Tyler Chapel Hill

dhoop02

PG is on a mission so far this season offense is putting up points and the defense is tough especially up front that D Line is brutal I don't know how Chapel Hill is looking this year so far hopefully PG pulls it out set up epic matchup of undefeated Carthage vs PG

16 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Chapel hill is much improved and is very Young. Playing a lot of FRESHMEN!  PG will be too much in the end, but expect CH to score some points 

The young guys have done well against lesser opponents. They haven’t played a physical defense like they will see this week (even argyle)Anxious to see how they respond this week to what some consider the best defense in the state in 4a. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Chapel hill is much improved and is very Young. Playing a lot of FRESHMEN!  PG will be too much in the end, but expect CH to score some points 

The freshmen are for sure talented, and should get their touches, but there is something to being balanced. In games like this the maturity of a senior can help, especially in crucial game situations. Hopefully the QB continues to get more comfortable at seeing the entire field and not locking in.  CH will for sure have to play quick, because time in the pocket will not be on their side against this D-Line.  The two RB’s for CH looked impressive last week running very hard, but the PG front 7 is on a different level than Bullard’s.  If not for some preventable penalties early on against Bullard the score would have been even more lop sided.  Those mistakes will cost even more against PG.

• Like 1

If Chapel Hill had their best player and athlete Khalan Griffin playing every game and not on the sidelines on crutches now, then I think you would see a whole different team this season from CHill.  He's just that good and that important to their overall diversity on both offense and defense.  Their QB Coker is good......has a great arm and is very accurate.  But all the opposing D's have to do is concentrate on the pass rush now about 85% of the time......and that's hard on a team's offensive line and QB at all levels......not to mention the receivers too.  

Ok so CH allowed 42 points to Whitehouse and lost that game. Henderson shutout Whitehouse pretty convincingly PG beat Henderson 40-7 if you add that up it should equal a pretty big win for PG this week. Now I know people say you cant judge from like opponents but I happen to disagree in this case.

• Like 1

Maybe as a whole CHill has made bigger strides in improvement the last several weeks than when they allowed 42 to Whitehouse.  Since they are playing young players on varsity for the first time, it does compute that there will be a learning curve for those players.......as opposed to the experienced level starting the season out that PG has this year.    Not that I believe CHill will be able to control the action.......just that I believe CHill's players have shown improvement and understanding as a team since that early game vs Whitehouse.  From what I witnessed in Argyle, CHill can be a very competitive team against 4A teams that are not at the elite level......right now this season.

4 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Chapel Hill is better but PG is one of the fundmentals sound teams around. The only way this is close is that they looking ahead to Carthage.

Not going to happen. Though it’s well known that PG marked the Gladewater game and the Carthage game as redemption games, they prepare every well for the game on Friday. CH will be like every team PG faces this year looking to knock off #1. PG knows they cannot sleep on any game. 

• Like 1