Pleasant Grove Hawks 4-0 vs Tyler Chapel Hill 2-2 @ Tyler Chapel Hill

dhoop02

19 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Carthage is gonna be a battle. Only team in this general area I believe that has the upper edge on coaching. Maybe even the state.

I have the upmost respect for both Scott Surratt and Josh Gibson. Can't say one is better than the other. They're both great, and I mean great coaches.

2 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

I have the upmost respect for both Scott Surratt and Josh Gibson. Can't say one is better than the other. They're both great, and I mean great coaches.

X2 they are great! I have met all of the coaches at PG and what a great coaching staff. All of them are truly great with these kids. 

9 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

This won’t be close even if PG has been preparing for Carthage all week.  It will be UGLY

Highly doubt that . Surratt one of the best in the business. You really expect a blowout? When has that happened? You are being obtuse and in for a rude awakening.  Going to be 28-24 type game if yall win.

Highly doubt that . Surratt one of the best in the business. You really expect a blowout? When has that happened? You are being obtuse and in for a rude awakening.  Going to be 28-24 type game if yall win.

Your grasp of context is like me trying to play shortstop...

He meant the TCH game will not be close - no matter if PG is looking forward to the Carthage game or not...

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

15 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

Your grasp of context is like me trying to play shortstop...

He meant the TCH game will not be close - no matter if PG is looking forward to the Carthage game or not...

Sorry about that I realized that right after I posted that. Wrong Bulldogs. PG by 40

10 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

I can. I'm a homer though. He's an East Texas boy through and through. Plus, 6>1. 

On 9/24/2019 at 11:21 PM, Hawknation03 said:

It certainly will but it could be a low scoring battle. 

I was thinking the same. PG / Carthage could turn out to be a shootout, or a slug fest, either way gonna be a great game, but Chapel Hill First. Argyle had their way last week, and I was surprised by the score from a Chapel Hill standpoint. If Argyle held them to one TD, as good as they are, it shows how tough of a time they have against good defense. PG's defense is in that category.

Chapel Hill is not without a good offense......even with Khalan Griffin on the sidelines on crutches.  The CHill receivers had their chances all night to catch some pretty darn accurate throws for big gains, but for the most part they just couldn't pull them in or the Argyle defenders caused them to lose concentration right at the most critical point in the process.  That was just how their game went that night on offense......but I could see the potential they have on offense even without Griffin in there as their best player on both sides of the ball.  I guess PG's secondary is very good, huh?  Look for tons of passing from CHill tonight again, and for their QB Coker to be throwing while running for his life,  LOL.  Actually he does that quite well.

7 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Chapel Hill is not without a good offense......even with Khalan Griffin on the sidelines on crutches.  The CHill receivers had their chances all night to catch some pretty darn accurate throws for big gains, but for the most part they just couldn't pull them in or the Argyle defenders caused them to lose concentration right at the most critical point in the process.  That was just how their game went that night on offense......but I could see the potential they have on offense even without Griffin in there as their best player on both sides of the ball.  I guess PG's secondary is very good, huh?  Look for tons of passing from CHill tonight again, and for their QB Coker to be throwing while running for his life,  LOL.  Actually he does that quite well.

Yep I expect a lot of passing attempts against the Grove tonight. Look for Ben to play both ways and we have a player returning from injury back tonight in the secondary thank goodness. I'm  Looking for PG to bring a different scheme tonight on both sides of the ball. This could be a real interesting game.

2 hours ago, futfan said:

I was thinking the same. PG / Carthage could turn out to be a shootout, or a slug fest, either way gonna be a great game, but Chapel Hill First. Argyle had their way last week, and I was surprised by the score from a Chapel Hill standpoint. If Argyle held them to one TD, as good as they are, it shows how tough of a time they have against good defense. PG's defense is in that category.

Right Its tough to Gauge CH on their last Game against Bullard. Obviously not a good showing from the defense of Bullard allowing the 60 burger. Argyle holds CH to 7. Will the real Chapel Hill please show themselves?

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

Even if their secondary is suspect, you better have a gun slinging, quick releasing QB, because PG's defensive line definitely makes up for any secondary problems they might have. Really hard to tell at this point, or at least until they run into a team with an O-line as big and physical as their D-line. 

7 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Even if their secondary is suspect, you better have a gun slinging, quick releasing QB, because PG's defensive line definitely makes up for any secondary problems they might have. Really hard to tell at this point, or at least until they run into a team with an O-line as big and physical as their D-line. 

🙋‍♂️