Jakeelee86

Lindale Vs Marshall  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Lindale in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Lindale in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Well this game is the district opener. Happy we have two weeks to practice. I was feeling pretty good after our first two games but after the Van game I’m not too confident. I will say Lindale could definitely have played better against Van but we just had a horrible game. I do pray we win this game or at the very least keep it close. I know Marshall is coming into this game not having a win yet but the teams they have played have been super high quality teams. I feel they will come into this game with something to prove. Hopefully we will be firing on all cylinders and make a game of it. 

At this point Marshall can't be overlooking Bye! 

Was a common joke.. But it's kind of serious atm. Mavs will need to work their tails off and maybe even throw in a full tackle intrasquad scrimmage this Friday night VS Bye. Would only help the offense gel. 

19 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Can mashral finaly get a when , I say yes . Convensingly 32-14

I want Marshall to settle on an offense and run it.  I also want to see the the Mavs OL be more physical, and get the ball in the hands of your playmakers in space.  Need open tryouts for deep snapper and put some sense of urgency on the punter!  You got to get rid of that hot potato quicker!

42 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

They have all the talent to be a great team , just have to get every one in the correct spots and let them gel

100% agree.  Their performance against Carthage Fri is not an indication if the talent on that team.  They are just not playing well together yet.  I believe they will soon and when they do look out.

On 9/15/2019 at 6:15 AM, tigernationfan said:

Marshall will win big 

1 hour ago, tigernationfan said:

Lindale by 10 

Which is it Carrie?

I’m. confused. 

———-

If we have settled on the QB and let him get some reps the next 2 weeks..... I’ll take my Mavs. 

If the merry-go-round continues at QB this game....  Lindale wins. 

O-line needs tons of work. Same names and faces as last year... but they have struggled.  

Special teams have been a disaster. 

Defense has been the lone bright spot. If we can throw them a bone.... we get our first win. 

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Which is it Carrie?

I’m. confused. 

———-

If we have settled on the QB and let him get some reps the next 2 weeks..... I’ll take my Mavs. 

If the merry-go-round continues at QB this game....  Lindale wins. 

O-line needs tons of work. Same names and faces as last year... but they have struggled.  

Special teams have been a disaster. 

Defense has been the lone bright spot. If we can throw them a bone.... we get our first win. 

I would be worried about special teams more than anything. QB situation is what it is. That’s going to affect the offense. You could make the excuse that the OL problems are an extension of that. But special teams? Special teams is effort, discipline, and coaching. That’s it. It’s simple, but at the same time very important. That’s all I’ll say. I thought Marshall would be better coached, but that doesn’t seem to be the case so far. I still think this thing can be fixed. But it can fall apart quick. Marshall needs to rack up some wins. This season is pivotal in the direction of the program IMO. Really pulling for the Mavs. I think a lot around ETX are pulling for the Mavs. This is one of our big ETX schools expected to hold it down.

I honestly don’t think it’s been bad coaching. 

This is totally retooling an offense... not in the spring.... not in August... but during the season.

We forget JJ played Vs Lee.  Trying to find a QB and an offensive identity Vs two state ranked and state title favorite teams is tough.  

This isn’t like Crandall and Royse City in 2015.  

I don’t think there are many programs that could seamlessly replace a third year QB with the talent to garner offers from Ole Miss, Auburn, and Nebraska. 

Programs usually don’t have an equal spare lying around. 

Personnel  has had to be moved around and substituted. 

IMhO... we found our answer at QB.  We shall see.  We have an extra week to iron out the kinks  

O-line should settled a bit having a constant in the pocket.  Mistakes are fixable.

Special teams are the biggest concern now.  

And we need a a consistent snapper.  Deep abd otherwise.  

We've consistently had snap trouble since 2015 under multiple coaches.  🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

This game should be winnable for us.  But we have a lot of question marks that need to be changed to explanation points .  

We are 0-3.  We don’t have the luxury of overlooking anyone.  

The first of four new lighting standards have been installed. 

The middle ones will be no more. 

Field and stands will be better lit.  

Long, long overdue. Will make its debut Vs Lindale. 

I’d be interested in knowing how old the standards coming down are. They were moved from Mavericks stadium on Houston street when the current Maverick Stadium was completed in 1980. 

But I have no idea how long they were at Old Maverick stadium. 

A little bit of history being taken down with it. But most definitely a much needed upgrade. 

New Lights, pressbox, track, turf, video board... All in  the last 2 years.  Piece by piece  

Bathrooms/concessions up next.  Maybe upgrades to the entrances/ticket booths and gates are up next. 

Great to see it all coming together. 

Now.... BEAT LINDALE! 

08ADD6CD-3873-4993-81CB-C416BD9E7CAF.jpeg

Grapevine out here in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico says we’ve settled on our QB.  Practice has been intense. 

Everyone is focused.  Obviously the tragedy this week can’t be overlooked  

But hearing the team is pulling together in spite of some pretty unbelievable distractions.  

If this team can persevere through all this.... and get some wins.... We really don’t need a late December run to label this season a success.

Bigger things in life than winning football games. 

• Like 2